Legend of Mir: Affinity

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
not being funny but copying off galaxy for the spell cool downs is totally stupid no idea why anyone would like that idea.

littletao

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 2, 2013
it **** people aint gunna be able to lvl like tht need to change them back to normal

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
I'm not copying from Galaxy, the reason for the spell cooldowns is to balance..

For example FireWall shouldn't be spammed, this will effectively slow down wizards levelling in line with other classes.

I am not trying to copy any other server. For a start Galaxy have their own skill progression (spells changed round and other, effectively it isn't like euro mir)

In any case the spells have been set like this for balance requirements, You haven't tried it, the spells that have been changed are hardly going to make a difference to levelling etc.

The idea is

LionRoar cooldown - To stop warriors spamming LR and paralysing everything
ShoulderDash - For PVP, it gets annoying when a warrior constantly Shoulderdashe's either you or out of PVP, they shouldn't be able to do this continuously.
MagicShield - This hardly makes a difference its not like your going to be putting your shield up every 3 seconds.

These are just a few examples, but the reason for them will make sense on release day. Or if you assist me with one of the Beta stages.

mrmayfair

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 2, 2013
I personally am not a fan of cool down times. Maybe trail it, but I don't think its a good idea. I think if spells are set at a reasonable strength, there is no need for cool downs.

littletao

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 2, 2013
people aint gunan be able to lvl or kill out with cool downs pal i dont kno y u think it would be a good idea to have them yeah it might sound good but in reality its crap

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
no one likes the stupid cool downs what don't the GM's of these's servers understand?..

balance comes to spell damage and item stats non of the lower level spells.

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
As I stated a moment ago, The Cooldowns have been tested and DO NOT effect levelling in the slightest.

The only difference is FireWall. Which was a massive advantage to wizards against all other classes. This balances them so they are not overpowered in the levelling department.

Please don't judge what it will be like until you have personally logged into the game and tried the system out.

---------- Post Merged at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:23 PM ----------

Also just for Clarity

Warrior:-

ShoulderDash 5.0 Second Delay - Not a levelling spell
TwinDrakeBlade 2.0 Second Delay - Will not be noticed ingame
Entrapment 5.0 Second Delay - Not a Leveling spell
FlamingSword 7.0 Second Delay - Official Euro Delay
LionRoar 4.0 SecondDelay - Not a levelling spell
SlashingBurst - 2 Minute Delay - Not a levelling spell

Wizard:-

FireWall - 3.2 Second Delay - Character takes about a second to cast, so when finished casting it will be almost unnoticeable on the delay
MagicShield 3.0 Second Delay - Will not be noticed as you do not continuously use the spell (repeatedly)
Blizzard 10.0 Second Delay - Not a levelling spell
MagicBooster 8.0 Second Delay - Not a attacking spell
MeteorStrike 10.0 Second Delay - Not a levelling spell
IceThurst 12.0 Second Delay - Not a levelling spell
Blink 44.0 Second Delay - Not a levelling spell

Taoist:-

Curse 5.0 Second Delay - As its instant level 3 skills (if correct level) Then with no cooldown this can easily be spammed.
Plague 12.0 Second Delay - As above it can cause problems with both PVP and Boss battles
PoisonCloud 18.0 Second Delay - Poison Cloud is a spell that stays in one spot & poisons units around it, I don't see how this is a problem
EnergyShield 22.0 Second Delay - Not a levelling spell
PetEnhancer No Delay - Not a levelling spell

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
wizards should always be the fastest levelers they are on every game and the mass kill alot better than every class..

good luck with server wont bother trying any mir that trys this stupid tactic doesn't make sense at all.

people seen galaxy do it got users for a few weeks then everyone got fed up.

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
Of course they will still level faster, they have mass killing spells other than the other two classes.

What you don't seem to see is that the levelling will not be "The Same" as warrior and Taoist, of course they will still level at a slower speed, but the aim is to stop the gap of 30 levels to about 10 levels. If you catch my drift,

I'm not putting a cooldown on Flamefield, Lightning, Hellfire, Thunderstorm, IceStorm....

There are still plenty of spells that can be used for levelling. it is only a select few I have put cool downs on (As euro mir was I would like to keep cooldowns, as they did on there. With a few of my own adjustments)

littletao

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 2, 2013
poison cloud will be the main lvling spell for taos when they get there and u have to wait 12 secs to cast which i think is a little 2 high coming for w person who plays them m8

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
Personally PoisonCloud was a 50/50 Decision and is still undecided on whats going to happen with it, plus with the new spells that will be implemented both warrior and Taoist will have additional levelling spells.

WhoFlungPooAndY

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 23, 2013
Was looking forward to playing this but the cooldowns sound dumb. doubt i'll even give it ago now, shame :/

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
I will go over it tonight and make decisions on what I'm going to do, based on a large number of opinions I may change it. I'm going to balance out over this evening to see what my decision will be. I will update in the morning whether or not I will be removing the cooldowns or not.

Also just to be clear, I appreciate all feed back guys. Don't take it as I'm just pushing you to the side. Every comment will be taken on board and everyone will be listened to. I want to create the perfect sever for everyone to play. Even if I don't agree with some at times and then others at other times.

Thankyou.

Last edited:

SheSeemedLvl18

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 25, 2015
Probs ur 6th server out no thanks :)

There's always a wipe or problems when players do something
and u don't like it like taking items off them cause u
didn't take the time to go over drops ect and then moan...

Ludacris

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 20, 2014
does it even matter if he has had previous servers fail? maybe hes learned from mistakes made and this one will be better.

+1 to removing the cooldown on spells , balance shouldnt be to much of an issue if you have some decent people testing closed/open beta

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
Probs ur 6th server out no thanks :)

There's always a wipe or problems when players do something
and u don't like it like taking items off them cause u
didn't take the time to go over drops ect and then moan...

This is my 3rd Server (Well 2nd of my own full attempt).

Chapters Untold was the first server I had ever created for live players, so it was kind of new to me.

Extinction You know exactly what happened with that. I got rushed to release by the other owner at the time, and then stitched up by him when he deleted the files.

As stated Earlier in the thread in answer to others questions. I am doing everything in my power to make sure this is the smoothest launch possible. With no problems, and just 1 weekly reboot.

If you haven't noticed either I am making sure that this time round it is fully tested, fully bug free and fully functional and putting my time and effort into making sure its perfect. Do you think I make servers just to encounter problems and have people saying to me theres problems here etc etc? No that's not what I do it for. I do it because I enjoy it, Its good to actually know people appreciate the hard work ive put into a server.

I'm not forcing you to play, I'm not stood there with a gun to your head saying, if you don't play. I'm going to pull the trigger.

Now lets be realistic, its completely down to you. If you don't feel like you could give it another shot. Don't. It doesn't bother me either way. I'm sure other players will appreciate the work I've put in. But I can assure you. This time round I will be fully ready for launch.

Anyway... Lighter note..

I've had a think about Spells and what I'm going to do with them.

I am going to remove the cooldowns on most of the spells.

Except for:-

Plague
Blizzard
MeteorStrike
SlashingBurst

I hope you all can understand why I would like to keep these with cooldowns.

Thankyou.

Last edited:

Nameless

Merciless Mir 3
Dedicated Member
Aug 17, 2015
This is my 3rd Server (Well 2nd of my own full attempt).

Chapters Untold was the first server I had ever created for live players, so it was kind of new to me.

Extinction You know exactly what happened with that. I got rushed to release by the other owner at the time, and then stitched up by him when he deleted the files.

As stated Earlier in the thread in answer to others questions. I am doing everything in my power to make sure this is the smoothest launch possible. With no problems, and just 1 weekly reboot.

If you haven't noticed either I am making sure that this time round it is fully tested, fully bug free and fully functional and putting my time and effort into making sure its perfect. Do you think I make servers just to encounter problems and have people saying to me theres problems here etc etc? No that's not what I do it for. I do it because I enjoy it, Its good to actually know people appreciate the hard work ive put into a server.

I'm not forcing you to play, I'm not stood there with a gun to your head saying, if you don't play. I'm going to pull the trigger.

Now lets be realistic, its completely down to you. If you don't feel like you could give it another shot. Don't. It doesn't bother me either way. I'm sure other players will appreciate the work I've put in. But I can assure you. This time round I will be fully ready for launch.

Anyway... Lighter note..

I've had a think about Spells and what I'm going to do with them.

I am going to remove the cooldowns on most of the spells.

Except for:-

Plague
Blizzard
MeteorStrike
SlashingBurst

I hope you all can understand why I would like to keep these with cooldowns.

Thankyou.

Have you fixed the damage on slashing burst / duration of curse / plauge? on these files they are incredibly powerful.

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
Have you fixed the damage on slashing burst / duration of curse / plauge? on these files they are incredibly powerful.

Yes :)

I've gone through all the code of each spell giving them certain tweaks in order to make them both better and more usable spells rather than OP messes haha

Status
Not open for further replies.