[Approved] Legend of Mir Chronicles [AceM2]

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
logo_360.png

Mir Chronicles Near Future Announcements

This Friday the last of the ancient caves will close, we hope you have all enjoyed the early May event. The event has reinforced a number of points to the team, which are:
- The gap between the lower levels and higher levels is still very great.
- People in the community still want to play Chronicles but time commitments required to contend as a casual player are make it difficult.
- As a casual/lower level you don't have a chance of fighting with the higher/non casual players over bosses (even low level bosses).
- If we don't make some changes and move with the times the Chronicles user count will continue to dwindle away.

I know some/most of you are thinking, "We have been telling you this for months!", and we agree, you have, and we have been listening.

With the above being said I wanted to give a brief announcement detailing what we have planned for the server in the short term. I will try and provide rough dates, but please bare in mind that these dates would be best chance (e.g. if no big blockers both in game and irl affect the teams time to develop the features):

Overall EXP Increase (Effective from 06/05/2016)
exp.png

The overall EXP will be transitioning from x3 to x6, allowing more members of the community to reach the level cap and become stronger.

Low Level Boost Increase (Effective from 06/05/2016)
The low level booster will be increased from 0-48 to 0-55 and the boost it provides will be increased from 1.5x to 2x EXP, ultimately allowing the lower levels in the community a chance to catch/contend the higher levels.

Craftable Items (Effective from 06/05/2016)
craft.png

Non refine-able, non gem-able versions of some level 0-50 accessories, weapons and armours are available via the craft system, which will allow players a chance to increase their strength but also still desire the non crafted items for gemming and pushing their kits further.

Rested EXP (Estimated from 22/05/2016)
Rested EXP will allow users to gain an EXP boost for the time they haven't spent in game (with a limit of course) that will be received the next time they log in.

New Items (Estimated from 22/05/2016)
New level 50-65 items, armours, weapons and sets to be added.

Cave Instancing (Estimated from 05/06/2016)
instance.png

Some caves will become instance-able, allowing players to create a private/public instance of a cave that they or their party can hunt in to kill monsters and bosses. Some restrictions such as cool down periods on instances will apply to a player by player basis.

Drop changes (Ongoing)
Drops are being completely revisited at the moment and this will likely be an on going process for some time (especially with the instancing of some bosses).

Now has never been a better time to join, return and enjoy Chronicles.

Chronicles Development Team​

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
logo_360.png

Mir Chronicles Near Future Announcements

This Friday the last of the ancient caves will close, we hope you have all enjoyed the early May event. The event has reinforced a number of points to the team, which are:
- The gap between the lower levels and higher levels is still very great.
- People in the community still want to play Chronicles but time commitments required to contend as a casual player are make it difficult.
- As a casual/lower level you don't have a chance of fighting with the higher/non casual players over bosses (even low level bosses).
- If we don't make some changes and move with the times the Chronicles user count will continue to dwindle away.

I know some/most of you are thinking, "We have been telling you this for months!", and we agree, you have, and we have been listening.

With the above being said I wanted to give a brief announcement detailing what we have planned for the server in the short term. I will try and provide rough dates, but please bare in mind that these dates would be best chance (e.g. if no big blockers both in game and irl affect the teams time to develop the features):

Overall EXP Increase (Effective from 06/05/2016)
exp.png

The overall EXP will be transitioning from x3 to x6, allowing more members of the community to reach the level cap and become stronger.

Low Level Boost Increase (Effective from 06/05/2016)
The low level booster will be increased from 0-48 to 0-55 and the boost it provides will be increased from 1.5x to 2x EXP, ultimately allowing the lower levels in the community a chance to catch/contend the higher levels.

Craftable Items (Effective from 06/05/2016)
craft.png

Non refine-able, non gem-able versions of some level 0-50 accessories, weapons and armours are available via the craft system, which will allow players a chance to increase their strength but also still desire the non crafted items for gemming and pushing their kits further.

Rested EXP (Estimated from 22/05/2016)
Rested EXP will allow users to gain an EXP boost for the time they haven't spent in game (with a limit of course) that will be received the next time they log in.

New Items (Estimated from 22/05/2016)
New level 50-65 items, armours, weapons and sets to be added.

Cave Instancing (Estimated from 05/06/2016)
instance.png

Some caves will become instance-able, allowing players to create a private/public instance of a cave that they or their party can hunt in to kill monsters and bosses. Some restrictions such as cool down periods on instances will apply to a player by player basis.

Drop changes (Ongoing)
Drops are being completely revisited at the moment and this will likely be an on going process for some time (especially with the instancing of some bosses).

Now has never been a better time to join, return and enjoy Chronicles.

Chronicles Development Team​

This is this best post I have seen from you guys, good too see you are listening to the casuals :) may even give it a try once it is all implemented.

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
nice, sounds great.

any idea when you have a reboot time planned to apply such things?

The event is due to end at 9pm, we will likely take the server down then too and apply the first wave of the announced changes.

Sam

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
The event is due to end at 9pm, we will likely take the server down then too and apply the first wave of the announced changes.

Sam

nice thanks for the quick reply..

i shall log on to see how everything is and maybe stick about for a while... nice to see some well needed attention to the common player :)

Razarus

Sour Sally
Dedicated Member
Dec 6, 2013
The same guy that was hyping this event (Razarus) has given his final verdict people, get it hot and fresh off the chronicles forums.

:suspicion:

Your parents were hyping their pregnancy but were severely disappointed when you popped out.
Same difference.

I wont be posting in either anymore, apparently stating facts is racism.
good game.

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
Currently rebooting to end the early May event and apply Chronicles V3.3.

Fixes and changes as of Chronicles V3.3:
- EXP raised to x6
- Low Level booster raised to level 55 and x2 EXP
- Craftable versions of some items added to Crafting NPC.
- Super OKS will remain in OmaTomb on a 6 hour respawn.
- Weapon glow recode.
- Fix for wizard pets not being able to tame other pet when they have a FrostTiger.
- Fix for HP/MP Recov not working correctly.

Server is estimated to be back up at 22:30.

Sam

EDIT: Server is back up.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
currently lvl 49 and dont get the 0-55 exp boost i think its only working Pre 48 :/

also alot of ppl are getting the same.

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
Yeah looks like our update conflicted and reverted some of the areas back to 1.5, 48... Completely my bad I should have doubled checked.

It fixed, but will require a reboot to take effect... I will try and get one in tomorrow morning/afternoon.

Sam

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
has there been a reboot to adjust exp yet or have you got a ETA?

Not yet, I am trying to get a couple of other minor fixes in before I reboot.

Once I have them fixed I will do an announcement.

Sam

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
Afternoon all,

We are planning a small reboot today at 4pm to apply Chronicles V3.3.1.

Changes and fixes as of Chronicles V3.3.1:

- EXP increase in low level areas fix (some where still 1.5 and 48).
- Fix for some of the craft-able ingredients not having a high enough stack.
- Change of crafting window (to bring it in line with the rest of the gui).
Approx downtime will be up to an hour.

Sam

EDIT: 16:00 Reboot currently in progress, due back at 5pm.

---------- Post Merged at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:03 PM ----------

Server is back up.

Sam

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
Interesting, may play on the occasion again after my exams. Maybe try get my sin up a few more levels.

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
Started playing again during the event, made good use of it grinding hours of levelling in those event caves, and with the new changes coming up specifically the instance system, servers looking to have a good & stable future! Got me interested again, as a casual at least!

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
Started playing again during the event, made good use of it grinding hours of levelling in those event caves, and with the new changes coming up specifically the instance system, servers looking to have a good & stable future! Got me interested again, as a casual at least!

Great news :)... Good to see you back CraiG.

Sam