[Approved] Legend of Mir Chronicles [AceM2]

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
I think we left the notice in from the event by mistake, this no longer works in game.

Sam

Doesn't really need to be in now anyway, got to level 26 on a fresh character in no time at all.

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
Doesn't really need to be in now anyway, got to level 26 on a fresh character in no time at all.

Hows the EXP increase feeling? I had a little go on a noob over the weekend, was a fairly fresh of breath air I thought.

Sam

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
Hows the EXP increase feeling? I had a little go on a noob over the weekend, was a fairly fresh of breath air I thought.

Sam

Feels superb so far, expecting to reach my archers level pretty quickly. When the instances arrive I feel this will be the server to play for casuals :)

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
Feels superb so far, expecting to reach my archers level pretty quickly. When the instances arrive I feel this will be the server to play for casuals :)

I am hoping so... I am even looking forward to instances tbh, I don't get much time to enjoy Mir any more, the occasional hunt keeps my fire of love burning :D.

Sam

Razarus

Sour Sally
Dedicated Member
Dec 6, 2013
Any plans to roll out the 0-55 boost to all caves and floors?
Would be nice to visit some of the new areas but with Orcs 1st n 2nd being the only place to level there is no point going anywhere else.
Would be good if exploring other areas did not come with such a huge drop in exp and if your plan is for people to reach 55 (as a boost would suggest) does it really matter where they do it?

Also, Monks -- no DragonSword equivelant (aspeed+2 low level weapon)
no smash set equivalent (aspeed+2 low level set bonus)
How do you propose monks progress while stormgems only drop from high level bosses camped by high level people?

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
Would be nice to visit some of the new areas but with Orcs 1st n 2nd being the only place to level there is no point going anywhere else.
Would be good if exploring other areas did not come with such a huge drop in exp and if your plan is for people to reach 55 (as a boost would suggest) does it really matter where they do it?

How do you propose monks progress while stormgems only drop from high level bosses camped by high level people?
I'm not even sure what is good on this server anymore, everyone says Orcs / NumaRuins but it's difficult to hunt there solo on a low sin.

Donate for storm drugs

Code:
[COLOR=#666666][FONT=Trebuchet MS]░░░░░░░░░[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#666666][FONT=Trebuchet MS]░░░░▄▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄▄▄▄░░░░[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#666666][FONT=Trebuchet MS]░░▄▀▒▓▒▓▓▒▓▒▒▓▒▓▀▄░░[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#666666][FONT=Trebuchet MS]▄▀▒▒▓▒▓▒▒▓▒▓▒▓▓▒▒▓█░[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#666666][FONT=Trebuchet MS]█▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▓▓░░░░░░▓▓█░[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#666666][FONT=Trebuchet MS]█▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▒░░░░░░░░▓█░[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#666666][FONT=Trebuchet MS]▓▓▓▓▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░█░[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#666666][FONT=Trebuchet MS]▓▓▓▓░░░░▄▄▄▄░░░▄█▄▀░[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#666666][FONT=Trebuchet MS]░▀▄▓░░▒▀▓▓▒▒░░█▓▒▒░░[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#666666][FONT=Trebuchet MS]▀▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄▒▒█░[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#666666][FONT=Trebuchet MS]░▀░▀░░░░░▒▒▀▄▄▒▀▒▒█░[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#666666][FONT=Trebuchet MS]░░▀░░░░░░▒▄▄▒▄▄▄▒▒█░[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#666666][FONT=Trebuchet MS] ░░░▀▄▄▒▒░░░░▀▀▒▒▄▀░░[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#666666][FONT=Trebuchet MS]░░░░░▀█▄▒▒░░░░▒▄▀░░░[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#666666][FONT=Trebuchet MS]░░░░░░░░▀▀█▄▄▄▄▀[/FONT][/COLOR]

Razarus

Sour Sally
Dedicated Member
Dec 6, 2013
I'm not even sure what is good on this server anymore, everyone says Orcs / NumaRuins but it's difficult to hunt there solo on a low sin.

Donate for storm drugs

Depends how low the sin is?
Orcs is the best single target dps class hunting ground by a very long shot.
Numa Ruins gives tiny exp compared but has a chance of drops but a very high chance of death.

aspeed+1 on a monk still leaves the class useless. It was a class introduced without relevant items, the only monks around are ones that have been boosted by guilds or funded via alt characters(usually in the big guilds) or pay to win ones.

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011

We are increasing the boost to more caves, unfortunately it won't be increased to the dungeons/caves we consider "group" areas such as Trolls, Deep Orcs, Deep Ancient Caverns, Kera, Hell etc.

The drops are being reworked to drop more useful content for low levels, Marbles for e.g. are something I would like to make more readily available to an average player hunting for exp.

Sam

Razarus

Sour Sally
Dedicated Member
Dec 6, 2013
We are increasing the boost to more caves, unfortunately it won't be increased to the dungeons/caves we consider "group" areas such as Trolls, Deep Orcs, Deep Ancient Caverns, Kera, Hell etc.

The drops are being reworked to drop more useful content for low levels, Marbles for e.g. are something I would like to make more readily available to an average player hunting for exp.

Sam

So no aspeed+2 lower level monk weap like a dragon sword?
and no sc ring and brace that gives aspeed+2 as a set bonus like the smash set?

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
So no aspeed+2 lower level monk weap like a dragon sword?
and no sc ring and brace that gives aspeed+2 as a set bonus like the smash set?

These are not on the current plan, no.

That's not to say we won't add them in the future.

Sam

Razarus

Sour Sally
Dedicated Member
Dec 6, 2013
These are not on the current plan, no.

That's not to say we won't add them in the future.

Sam

Fair enough, huge mistake as Monks are unplayable without +speed but if you don't want them new players to stay all good.

---------- Post Merged on 12-05-2016 at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous Post was on 09-05-2016 at 04:58 PM ----------

Any plans to reduce the skill experience needed to level up certain skills?>
With level experience increased by such a degree since server launch the skill experience is out of sync.

Things like MagicBooster, completely anti casual. 6000 for level 1, castable every 30 seconds? That's a maximum of 50 hours(min 13hrs) required just to get skill level 1. In 50 hours of gameplay one can level from 48-52+ and the n be faced with an additional 70+ hours of skill leveling.

These need to be revised, the only possible way to level this is afk in safezone over many nights. the casuals (your target with the latest changes) aren't able to leave the computers on overnight.

forspinki

Legend
Legendary
Oct 23, 2006
Handan, China
Sorry if you have already mentioned this but when will the instanced dungeons be available? i think on the original facebook post it said they were being released along with the rest of the updates?

also are you planning to bring the event back for next bank holiday? would be cool for lower levels to catch up some more and it was great fun. Although i think the med cave wasnt too good compared to the other caves.

a few things i noticed since i started playing 2 new chars at the event.

1. Monk RME quest is broken (The last part doesent work)

2. Useless items need to be removed from all drop files. e.g. skeleton ring dropped in orcs lol just make items like that available in the shop and remove them from drops completely.

3. Would be nice to see a small chance of items dropping from normal monsters. As a 47 wiz with average gear i can only solo a couple of bosses like KS and WT unlike other classes so it would be nice if every so often i could get a cave level related item dropping every now and then (im out of touch with drop rates but maybe 1/100000 drop chance or something). e.g. if i was firewalling and lightning around numa province maybe eventually i may get a level 46 weapon or something I'm not sure what level numas are classed as so i just made that up but you know what i mean.

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
Sorry if you have already mentioned this but when will the instanced dungeons be available? i think on the original facebook post it said they were being released along with the rest of the updates?

also are you planning to bring the event back for next bank holiday? would be cool for lower levels to catch up some more and it was great fun. Although i think the med cave wasnt too good compared to the other caves.

a few things i noticed since i started playing 2 new chars at the event.

1. Monk RME quest is broken (The last part doesent work)

2. Useless items need to be removed from all drop files. e.g. skeleton ring dropped in orcs lol just make items like that available in the shop and remove them from drops completely.

3. Would be nice to see a small chance of items dropping from normal monsters. As a 47 wiz with average gear i can only solo a couple of bosses like KS and WT unlike other classes so it would be nice if every so often i could get a cave level related item dropping every now and then (im out of touch with drop rates but maybe 1/100000 drop chance or something). e.g. if i was firewalling and lightning around numa province maybe eventually i may get a level 46 weapon or something I'm not sure what level numas are classed as so i just made that up but you know what i mean.

Hey Forspinki,

The facebook post should have been the same as the other posts (see below).

Drops are changing in out next reboot, although this is likely to be sub and boss only for now, I will be working through each cave, cave by cave until I am happy with them.

The monk RME quest is on my to do list along with the monk Fate quest :D.

logo_360.png

Mir Chronicles Near Future Announcements

This Friday the last of the ancient caves will close, we hope you have all enjoyed the early May event. The event has reinforced a number of points to the team, which are:
- The gap between the lower levels and higher levels is still very great.
- People in the community still want to play Chronicles but time commitments required to contend as a casual player are make it difficult.
- As a casual/lower level you don't have a chance of fighting with the higher/non casual players over bosses (even low level bosses).
- If we don't make some changes and move with the times the Chronicles user count will continue to dwindle away.

I know some/most of you are thinking, "We have been telling you this for months!", and we agree, you have, and we have been listening.

With the above being said I wanted to give a brief announcement detailing what we have planned for the server in the short term. I will try and provide rough dates, but please bare in mind that these dates would be best chance (e.g. if no big blockers both in game and irl affect the teams time to develop the features):

Overall EXP Increase (Effective from 06/05/2016)
exp.png

The overall EXP will be transitioning from x3 to x6, allowing more members of the community to reach the level cap and become stronger.

Low Level Boost Increase (Effective from 06/05/2016)
The low level booster will be increased from 0-48 to 0-55 and the boost it provides will be increased from 1.5x to 2x EXP, ultimately allowing the lower levels in the community a chance to catch/contend the higher levels.

Craftable Items (Effective from 06/05/2016)
craft.png

Non refine-able, non gem-able versions of some level 0-50 accessories, weapons and armours are available via the craft system, which will allow players a chance to increase their strength but also still desire the non crafted items for gemming and pushing their kits further.

Rested EXP (Estimated from 22/05/2016)
Rested EXP will allow users to gain an EXP boost for the time they haven't spent in game (with a limit of course) that will be received the next time they log in.

New Items (Estimated from 22/05/2016)
New level 50-65 items, armours, weapons and sets to be added.

Cave Instancing (Estimated from 05/06/2016)
instance.png

Some caves will become instance-able, allowing players to create a private/public instance of a cave that they or their party can hunt in to kill monsters and bosses. Some restrictions such as cool down periods on instances will apply to a player by player basis.

Drop changes (Ongoing)
Drops are being completely revisited at the moment and this will likely be an on going process for some time (especially with the instancing of some bosses).

Now has never been a better time to join, return and enjoy Chronicles.

Chronicles Development Team​

forspinki

Legend
Legendary
Oct 23, 2006
Handan, China
ah ok cool, my bad i got confused with the dating system, i work with a lot of Americans and their dates are the opposite of ours so i thought it was the 6th of may not the 5th of June haha.

I noticed you avoided the quest about the event coming back :pirate: sneaky sneaky.

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
ah ok cool, my bad i got confused with the dating system, i work with a lot of Americans and their dates are the opposite of ours so i thought it was the 6th of may not the 5th of June haha.

I noticed you avoided the quest about the event coming back :pirate: sneaky sneaky.

I actually completely missed it, even though it was blue lol.

No plans to bring back the event as it stands, I think it is more likely that we will have a instance beta event to iron out any bugs before the go live.

Sam

forspinki

Legend
Legendary
Oct 23, 2006
Handan, China
ah thats a shame. I have seen quite a few low levels logging in after the event saying they missed it so im sure it would be beneficial for them and bring even more users onto the server if it was brought back but im fine either way.