[Approved] Legend of Mir Chronicles [AceM2]

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour

rainstone

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 10, 2014
I confirm luck 9 work 100% max damage in ShengDa Chinese server.

Or by the way, I heard CNtroublemaker soloed 4 MirKing yesterday with his shop kit and luck 1 bloodstealsword? Must be someone smarter than original CN.

You guys are weak.
As someone who has played mir for a very very long time and had luck9 or the equivalent on every server I have played I can tell you it did work on euro mir. I am sure there are many old players who can confirm luck9 worked on euro. In fact luck was broken in a different way on euro mir, luck 8 use to be a 50% chance to hit maximum and luck9 was 100%, anything other than luck9 was a waste of time.

/Xele

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

ILovePie:D

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2003
If they are nerfing luck7 down 50%, they should do the same to all other luck too, so luck6 = 25%, luck5 = 16% etc.

People with luck 1 will struggle to hit over the mobs AC most of the times I guess.

Sam has posted himself that luck7 would be the max on this server (if you could search back through LOMCN Chronicles section). The "max" luck figure can be adjusted to whatever people wish to run on their servers.

Sam is taking his "advice" from people who have 1/ Quit the server, 2/ Jealous of people with luck7 3/ Want his server to fail.

It's not a bug that luck7 hits max on here - you set YOUR server up how you wish. Though to have this change 2 years down the line, clearly shows that someones persuaded you to change things. It was easy for you all to see over the last 2 years that people could hit max, and the fact you're saying you didn't know... I call bullshit.

Whatever happens, happens. Some people will go, some will stay. You won't gain any new people from doing so.

---------- Post Merged at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:19 PM ----------

On euro you had a "natural +10% luck" on your char, so luck9 on kit = luck10 = max hits.

On Chronicles you have a "natural +30% luck" on your char.

You've said above you added luck to effect MC and SC - so you can easily keep your own take on Chronicles. It was the same on Ace, and other servers.

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
Hitting max damage every hit should of never been achievable ever, it is overpowered to be able to hit top damage every single hit.

However mir has always had this available, and though I think it should be removed, doing so would impact your player base greatly.

It is best too keep your current player base happy, because it won't ever increase, joining now is far too late to be able to even compete.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
100% of the people defending luck 7, have luck 7 amirite

57593243.jpg

@Rainstone, relax on the flaming yeah

Raider

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jun 26, 2003
100% of the people defending luck 7, have luck 7 amirite

57593243.jpg

@Rainstone, relax on the flaming yeah

I knew this comment would come up, I have only recently obtained luck7 but my post history has always been consistent in defending it through the Chronicles forums. It is unfair to make such game breaking changes now that would effect so many people.

/Xele

Muh

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Feb 13, 2014
Such big changes.
Perhaps keeping it 100% for pve, then run another luck along side it capable of l6 (50%) for PVP*

Either way it won't end well unless you play/pay part time..

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
I knew this comment would come up, I have only recently obtained luck7 but my post history has always been consistent in defending it through the Chronicles forums. It is unfair to make such game breaking changes now that would effect so many people.

/Xele

And yet hitting top end damage 100% of the time isn't already game breaking? :/

Raider

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jun 26, 2003
And yet hitting top end damage 100% of the time isn't already game breaking? :/

Luck has always been the most powerful stat in mir and that is why it is so hard to obtain max luck, the perks of max luck are very very nice but I think close the damage gap from none luck or low luck characters would be a better way to go other than annoying all the people who have invested time/effort into it.

/Xele

sarafino

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 21, 2012
Why not just stop the guild wars functions so if these luck7 players want to use their weapons; it is only for PVE or they risk cursing. It's more of a meet half way change but it'll stop OP luck7 players easily killing others with no risk, but they still keep their luck for bosses etc.

Obviously this suggestion also would need the no curse pots taken out of gameshop. Obviously it may increase the risk of griefing but for something so powerful (What will you do when they eventually achieve the new max luck?) there should be a large risk involved.

Although, I don't even play so what do I know :x

SPL1FF

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Banshee
Game Master
Mar 24, 2003
Again, I am happy that I left.

I saw a lot of people express their mind without playing the game.

I love the server and the game so much. So Pathetic to see it is dying.

Server number is going down and any big move without thinking will increase dying speed.

My last advice for Sam is:

Pay attention to guild chat or Go to Teamspeak and know which topics YOUR players are real discussing.

GM should take care of his own players, at least listening to them through any available channel.

You know that only 5% of the players goes to forum, right?

Do not be lazy ass and waiting for players to complain, OK?

If you do not take care your players, other people or GM will do.

---------- Post Merged at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:41 PM ----------

No offence just answer me one question: how long you have been playing MirChronicles, which level you are?
if you are still below level 50, I think you are bugged.

Because even a PVE guild member: Tellin as a tao class, reached level 54. And I do not think Blackwidows have any Luck 7 weapon?

You are so weak, please Pm Xele for leveling, he has luck 7 and he can level you from level 1 to 50 in one day:)

I may not have ploughed countless hours and £ into this server like you sad ****, but I still play. I have played since the beginning and I have an opinion. Oh and you are only as high / rich as you are due to cheating friends and BOTs. I'm glad you've left the server your a piece of ****.

Stavros

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
I may not have ploughed countless hours and £ into this server like you sad ****, but I still play. I have played since the beginning and I have an opinion. Oh and you are only as high / rich as you are due to cheating friends and BOTs. I'm glad you've left the server your a piece of ****.

dont be afraid to speak your mind mate lol

rainstone

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 10, 2014
I am glad to be a piece of **** if you can make the server better. CAN YOU?

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
It's not surprising Sam didn't know what was wrong with luck, as even I am guilty of not reporting it through the mantis tracker when I was playing and frankly any and all in-game knowledge he obtained was through me and several others at the time. Nobody reported it properly, there were plenty of moans about Luck7 on the forums and the argument that it was OP or wasn't OP, but frankly AT THE TIME if you had spent the time to invest in getting it then you sort of deserved it.

Now though, perhaps not so much? It's true it was hard to obtain back when bene's were scarce... but not any more. In fact I'd argue the longer the server stays up it exponentially becomes easier to obtain luck7, which is also a problem.

If it was as hard to obtain luck7 NOW than it was 1 and a half years ago then I'd completely agree with Xele. But it isn't. Back then there were no heaven armours at all. If you wanted luck7, you'd need to use a weapon that had the littlest difference between base DC- and top end DC (this is how lucking a weapon worked on chronicles) the most commonly used being fateblades, fatebow, fatesword etc.

This was fine because in order to achieve luck7 you were actually sacrificing a lot of your top-end DC stat to obtain it. The tradeoff was fair for the severe advantage it gave.

But that's not the case any more. Due to heavenarmours and luckneckies (the former being the main culprit) you can attempt to get luck6 on your most powerful weapon of choice, which is a thousand times easier than getting it to luck7.

Thus you have people running around in ridiculous topend DC MC SC coupled with luck7.

I can confirm Samuel that Luck9 on euro was in fact 100% chance for max hit. Luck8 was a 50% chance. Anything that wasn't Luck8 or Luck9 was frankly terrible.

Does it need fixing for PvP? ... Probably not. Heck I couldn't care less as I don't play any more but if it's just going to become easier and easier to obtain as time goes on, then eventually not just the "elite 5%" of the server will have it. I'd argue there's 10x more luck7's in-game now than there was when I was playing. It'll only keep increasing - that solves the problem of it being unobtainable by the masses.

Does it need fixing for BOSSES? Yes. Because with it ingame, you can NEVER release a boss that'll be difficult for everyone so long as people can hit maximum damage every time on it.

The fix is quite simple (but perhaps not simple to implement) Just create an anti-luck stat in the DB for bosses. You can then designate which bosses will ignore luck. This will probably effect assassins more than any other class as they currently can solo kill near enough any boss in the game... which is pretty stupid, but only doable due to luck7 -

Bare in mind i'm speaking from experience, having played and abused the power of luck7 on a sin myself, it was pretty silly. I would not need to ever take a group to any boss, because I could be there quicker than anyone else (shadowstep) and take it down before a full group even arrives. The top tier bosses should be group orientated... not solo orientated. Frankly the elite few who have gained so much from this should consider themselves lucky and accept the changes.

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2015
started playing yesterday (atm nearly 28)
any tips on how to level faster?
is there some cave?
am i stuck with christmas trees?
im aiming for 40-43, more is optional (for me)

ILovePie:D

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2003
It's not surprising Sam didn't know what was wrong with luck, as even I am guilty of not reporting it through the mantis tracker when I was playing and frankly any and all in-game knowledge he obtained was through me and several others at the time. Nobody reported it properly, there were plenty of moans about Luck7 on the forums and the argument that it was OP or wasn't OP, but frankly AT THE TIME if you had spent the time to invest in getting it then you sort of deserved it.

Now though, perhaps not so much? It's true it was hard to obtain back when bene's were scarce... but not any more. In fact I'd argue the longer the server stays up it exponentially becomes easier to obtain luck7, which is also a problem.

If it was as hard to obtain luck7 NOW than it was 1 and a half years ago then I'd completely agree with Xele. But it isn't. Back then there were no heaven armours at all. If you wanted luck7, you'd need to use a weapon that had the littlest difference between base DC- and top end DC (this is how lucking a weapon worked on chronicles) the most commonly used being fateblades, fatebow, fatesword etc.

This was fine because in order to achieve luck7 you were actually sacrificing a lot of your top-end DC stat to obtain it. The tradeoff was fair for the severe advantage it gave.

But that's not the case any more. Due to heavenarmours and luckneckies (the former being the main culprit) you can attempt to get luck6 on your most powerful weapon of choice, which is a thousand times easier than getting it to luck7.

Thus you have people running around in ridiculous topend DC MC SC coupled with luck7.

I can confirm Samuel that Luck9 on euro was in fact 100% chance for max hit. Luck8 was a 50% chance. Anything that wasn't Luck8 or Luck9 was frankly terrible.

Does it need fixing for PvP? ... Probably not. Heck I couldn't care less as I don't play any more but if it's just going to become easier and easier to obtain as time goes on, then eventually not just the "elite 5%" of the server will have it. I'd argue there's 10x more luck7's in-game now than there was when I was playing. It'll only keep increasing - that solves the problem of it being unobtainable by the masses.

Does it need fixing for BOSSES? Yes. Because with it ingame, you can NEVER release a boss that'll be difficult for everyone so long as people can hit maximum damage every time on it.

The fix is quite simple (but perhaps not simple to implement) Just create an anti-luck stat in the DB for bosses. You can then designate which bosses will ignore luck. This will probably effect assassins more than any other class as they currently can solo kill near enough any boss in the game... which is pretty stupid, but only doable due to luck7 -

Bare in mind i'm speaking from experience, having played and abused the power of luck7 on a sin myself, it was pretty silly. I would not need to ever take a group to any boss, because I could be there quicker than anyone else (shadowstep) and take it down before a full group even arrives. The top tier bosses should be group orientated... not solo orientated. Frankly the elite few who have gained so much from this should consider themselves lucky and accept the changes.

The fact you say you could solo any boss when I gave you access to my sin with luck 7 is a lie, since over a year ago, you were not soloing any of the hard bosses. Grats, you could kill a Colossus. Seriously dude, you were nothing special on Mir, you make yourself out to be fantastic, but this shows - as soon as you left Team and didn't have people to back you up, you got flopped all over.

Theres only 3-4 end game weapons which are luck6, which is hardly game breaking, the rest are low level items (including 6x Fateblades) The fact wizard weapons have a lot less DC than equivilent items, make it easier for wiz to gain luck.

People have always moaned that luck 7 was "too easy" to gain - yet none of them have luck 7 themselves ... even a year later.

If the problem is people being 1 hit ... give everyone 3x HP like in Sabuk - boost bosses HP too.

Sins can't solo the end game bosses like Numa and Trolls - infact, the bosses they can solo have been ingame for over 12 months now. People will work out how to kill things in smaller groups, and perhaps even solo them at some stage.

Luck 7 fate blades ARE predictable. You can easily outpot them.

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
TLDR;

Nerfing global pvp damage by 70% is laughable. Your basing this theory on the 5% of the UC with L7.

Whats someone with mid level kit gonna do in PvP? Nobody would ever die, and they would still get steamrolled by another player with AC/AMC kit on cause theyd take **** all damage.

You can throw around spell damage stats and numbers all you want CN, but its totally irellevant. Also, you said you "left" by which you mean quit, then moan about ppl who dont play chipping in. Your a smart guy, thats always been clear. But dont underestimate other people around here cause fancy posts and lots of equations arent enough to bamboozle people into thinking you are correct.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Seriously dude, you were nothing special on Mir, you make yourself out to be fantastic, but this shows - as soon as you left Team and didn't have people to back you up, you got flopped all over.

Funny, seem to remember countless times of you begging me and Kenpachi to log off our assassins to come help you fight for bosses at ridiculous times in the morning. Heck, you even made a massive cry thread on your facebook page afterwards when we started to refuse. Or did poor lil I-Bought-My-Character-And-Kit forget that? Some people are fine just being sheep, and that's great. Team is the place for you.

Didn't I leave, join TKO and kill you outside orcs 5th 1v1, where you then proceeded to recall people over and over exploiting the fact you can recall whilst dead on the floor? :S Or did you conveniently forget that too?

It's quite obvious the people with Luck7 are vehemently defending it, because they've had their cake and eaten it for oh so long. It's a bug and it should be fixed, whether you like that or not.