Legend of Mir ORIGINS [CrystalM2] OpenBeta

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

stig001

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 16, 2010
I have been trying to level some pets but it seems to take a long time... Only a handful of bats in wt ent so off to kill snakes with 5 black mags... snake quest completed, they ganged up and killed one, took about an hour with the runs up and down bichon fist.. still white.. went zombies and after 30mins or so 1 went blue.. server reset.. got 5 violetkektels went to zombies.. took 30mins to go 1st colour... had to rest em occasionally.. 40mins to go 2nd colour... took em bug cave which was harder for them, few rests, 40mins no colour change.. server reset.... now im not complaining but there has to be a quicker way to level them ....?

BeerNMoney

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 9, 2010
I'm sure pets level by you killing mobs on these files and not the pets killing mobs.

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
I was leveling with pets and none of my pets went higher than level 1, I'm guessing the exp need'd per pet level is much higher than the default or is based upon player and/or magic level, seems a little too high imo.

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
it does take forever, like it should be tbh

That'd depend on a few things (it being a good thing), it'll depend on the strength increase by player level & by the pets level,if their strength doesn't reflect the length of time to level them up will dishearten many players, I know this isn't euro but on euro I could go around red poison shell nippers for half hour and end up with level 7 pet, but on here I spend 30 minutes in zuma and end up with no leveled pets even though they're meant to level as you do.

But it's like I said, it depends on the increase just seems more hassle than they're worth right now.

DeathSentence

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 14, 2013
Wakefield
fishing seems to bug when going from 20%-30% only some times but it doesn't seem to recast when the blue bar is filled and go upto 30%. also if you exit the fishing mid way though cast it seem to lock you in the casting position. relog to fix

---------- Post Merged at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:10 PM ----------

Also ive used over 200 bait and not had a single fish, is this normal or not?

Last edited:

StuTheBru

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Dec 2, 2015
Tell you what i really hate,,having to do quest to open provinces up,,THATS NOT OLDMIR IN ANY WAY- ITS ****ING ANOYING
worse when others are looking for the same bone elete watever, also these quests in the game are like kill 1000 omas gain naf all,,so people like me wont be doing any,,then we miss things we needed.. id leave before HAVING to do quest MIR ONLY HAD ONE QUEST RED MON EVIL (fATESWORD QUEST WHEN I STARTED BUT THAT SOON VANISHED) normal quests are too hard to be worth there time too

vanjambles

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 2, 2013
Tell you what i really hate,,having to do quest to open provinces up,,THATS NOT OLDMIR IN ANY WAY- ITS ****ING ANOYING
worse when others are looking for the same bone elete watever, also these quests in the game are like kill 1000 omas gain naf all,,so people like me wont be doing any,,then we miss things we needed.. id leave before HAVING to do quest MIR ONLY HAD ONE QUEST RED MON EVIL (fATESWORD QUEST WHEN I STARTED BUT THAT SOON VANISHED) normal quests are too hard to be worth there time too

Thats alot of hate, if you dont want to do a quest, dont do it :) also if u dont like difficulties in accessing the minimal amounts of aid being offered, such as the teleport stone, then perhaps this is not the server for you :)

i personally love the fact that we have these opportunities to be rewarded in a non gamebreaking manor for playing the game, saves people logging on in 10 and being able to compete with me for things ive worked hard to get access too

BeerNMoney

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 9, 2010
Quests make the game a lot more fun and some even separate the lazy (you) from the not so lazy, there a part of mir these days, man up, all you seem to do is moan on these forums.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex

are you serious? grow up and **** off

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton

What happened to 9.5/10?

:hurt:

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
fishing seems to bug when going from 20%-30% only some times but it doesn't seem to recast when the blue bar is filled and go upto 30%. also if you exit the fishing mid way though cast it seem to lock you in the casting position. relog to fix

---------- Post Merged at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:10 PM ----------

will look into this, thank you

Trollypolly

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 19, 2014
I have been trying to level some pets but it seems to take a long time... Only a handful of bats in wt ent so off to kill snakes with 5 black mags... snake quest completed, they ganged up and killed one, took about an hour with the runs up and down bichon fist.. still white.. went zombies and after 30mins or so 1 went blue.. server reset.. got 5 violetkektels went to zombies.. took 30mins to go 1st colour... had to rest em occasionally.. 40mins to go 2nd colour... took em bug cave which was harder for them, few rests, 40mins no colour change.. server reset.... now im not complaining but there has to be a quicker way to level them ....?

I'm playing a Tao btw and not a wizard just as a disclaimer that I am not advocating a buff to the class I am playing.

On the topic of wiz pets I really do hope there is something in place to save your pets in-case the server goes down or you log out. Affinity had a system that the pets you had when the server went down or if you logged out were saved/stayed with you when you logged back in. Now if you are going to tell me that it takes more than or around 45 minutes (+ however long it takes you to get to where these pets are) to tame pets and on top of that ridiculous amounts of time to level them up and wizards lose them on a server crash or log out then that really is too much. Since there are people that will play a wiz on your server that wont be able to play as long as some who can stay on the server for 6+ hours to make the pets worth.

I know you want the server to be hard but there needs to be some sort of equal ground for all types of players or you will deter people from wanting to play a class they want to play and inevitably it will make them not enjoy the full capabilities of the class and they will :

Hate it while still playing that class
or
Play a new class
or
Not play the server

Two out of those Three options are not in the servers/individuals benefit you just don't want to risk. Of course this is if what I said in the first paragraph is true.

I hope to hear your thoughts on this Sanjain.

Last edited:

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
I'm playing a Tao btw and not a wizard just as a disclaimer that I am not advocating a buff to the class I am playing.

On the topic of wiz pets I really do hope there is something in place to save your pets in-case the server goes down or you log out. Affinity had a system that the pets you had when the server went down or if you logged out were saved/stayed with you when you logged back in. Now if you are going to tell me that it takes more than or around 45 minutes (+ however long it takes you to get to where these pets are) to tame pets and on top of that ridiculous amounts of time to level them up and wizards lose them on a server crash or log out then that really is too much. Since there are people that will play a wiz on your server that wont be able to play as long as some who can stay on the server for 6+ hours to make the pets worth.

I know you want the server to be hard but there needs to be some sort of equal ground for all types of players or you will deter people from wanting to play a class they want to play and inevitably it will make them not enjoy the full capabilities of the class and they will :

or
Play a new class
or
Not play the server

Two out of those Three options are not in the servers/individuals benefit you just don't want to risk. Of course this is if what I said in the first paragraph is true.

To add to my previous post, I was at PI/PT for roughly 30 minutes and my both pets gained 1 level, shortly followed by their death :(

BeerNMoney

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 9, 2010
I don't think people would mind if they took so long to level as long as they didn't go on lag outs, server reboots etc.

Trollypolly

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 19, 2014
I don't think people would mind if they took so long to level as long as they didn't go on lag outs, server reboots etc.

Yeah I think you are right. An example of mine would be I sat and tamed pets on Affinity for 1 hour and 30 minutes mainly due to never had them before and wanted to test them, they take a guild to get to where they are as getting there solo was almost nearly impossible and for the very reason you stated (not losing on log out/crash) as I would of not even taken the time to do so if I did lose them on log out or server crash.

pwnage

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 17, 2006
i think ive found and fixed the missing stats on added items but need a reboot to check it. so will check it later

dp you mean the red dot to be on your minimap for dungeon locations?
When your in bichon province for example and you press B to bring up the big map all the dungeon locations have a big red dot. Could you make it so we are a big white dot?

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex

or
Play a new class
or
Not play the server

I did a bit of testing

as a taoist level 50 it took 80 zumaarchers to get my pets from lvl 4 to level 7 (lvl 4 being the spawn level at skill level 3)

as a wizard level 50 it took 300 zumaarchers to level 5 venomspiders from 0 to 7

The current server setting will save wizard and taoist pets for 5 minutes while offline. after this time they will be killed on log in.

I will edit this, because the time taken to level pets is alot higher than normal, pets will be kept forever untill killed.

---------- Post Merged at 08:25 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:20 AM ----------

I have fixed the fishing drops thank you.

will look at those bugs, good finds

---------- Post Merged at 08:48 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:25 AM ----------

A recent set of changes, some wont take effect untill i reboot the server

• 25th January 2016
  • Maps
  • ○ King Scorpion King Room RandomTeleport Black Area bug fix.
  • ○ ALL Maps checked for RT, LogOut and Mount capabilities and adjusted as needed.
  • ----
  • Mobs
  • ○ Red Area Lights added to Bosses.
  • ○ Mobs added to Hidden Ghoul Cave.
  • ○ FrostTiger spawns added.
  • ---
  • Drops
  • ○ A Complete re-design of ALL drops.
  • ---
  • Skills
  • ○ MagicBooster - Bottom MC halved on this skill (MAX LEVEL gives 12-24 not 24-24).
  • ○ ProtectionField - Duration is refreshed on recast of the skill.
  • ○ Rage - Duration is refreshed on recast of the skill.
  • ○ SlashingBurst - Graphics improved.
  • ○ Curse - Duration greatly reduced and now influenced by SC (so base duration is 5 seconds, + 1 second per skill level and + 1 second for every 10 SC).
  • ○ TemperalFlux Debuff removed from Teleport.
  • ○ ALL selfcast spells will now cast regardless of mouse cursor position( no more out of range message).
  • ○ MagicShield - Spell graphics changed so it doesnt conflict with FlameField.
  • ○ MagicShield - Spell now wont dissapear in some circumstances.
  • ○ MagicShield - Buff Icon now displays correct damage % reduction.
  • ---
  • Items
  • ○ HomeTeleport added.
  • ○ HeavenArmour fixed.
  • ○ Curse will now display correctly on weapons.
  • ○ Light Range on Torches and Candles increased.

---------- Post Merged at 09:17 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:48 AM ----------

added sounds for Fury and PetEnhancer

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.