Legend of Mir Vengeance

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

StormHero

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 19, 2015
I think it should be in beta for a bit longer, classes seem way unbalanced imo, will give more feedback later

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
If that's true what Martyn is saying change it before Release, a class needed 2 stats just isn't the way to go, i can't remember the server that did it before but it went shitty for them.. Maybe you should make it scale of Sc / MC though.. if DC that would be Warrior, Sin, Temp all running off DC, would be same problem as Chronicles where Sc / Mc kit was ****ing dirt cheap whilst 3 classes scrapping out for DC kit, made no sense.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
I see what you mean about the DC,

its hard because its a close range attacking class, but having a 2 stat class... like a tao just seems like its been done.. its very "monk" like..

Also why can't all kit be made like the mir set?

what ever class you have it on, it gives stats based on that? o.0

p.s can you enable like @home or something during beta ;) - never seen the TT's haha

Last edited:

lostwars

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 29, 2009
Server looks very unbalanced , wouldn’t release in this state

Got a long list of stuff that needs addressed, glad I done this test period to weed out the issues, ill leave server up for now but will be addressing these issues before the server will be considered for a live release

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
I see what you mean about the DC,

its hard because its a close range attacking class, but having a 2 stat class... like a tao just seems like its been done.. its very "monk" like..

Also why can't all kit be made like the mir set?

what ever class you have it on, it gives stats based on that? o.0

Only problem with this is it makes all classes/chars look the same with no Individuality.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
Only problem with this is it makes all classes/chars look the same with no Individuality.

but that can be done with like gems/enchant of some sort? pretty much all games out there has this now.. look at bdo and how popular it is.. (i know a totally different type of game, but its still very similar in a way..)

few selective items..

but only 1 main stat.. "AP" and 1 main defense "DP" theres many different ways to enchant your gear etc with t he gems + the ****ish enchantment system ;)

StormHero

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 19, 2015
My opinion:
items all look the same, looks tacky, millions of images out there to use
lvl 44 kit is worse stats than 38, dont understand why?
most armours all use same name ‘robe’ so you need pick up to see if its the right class
lvl40-50 bosses drop sun pots that are level 60 to use
hell cave drops pots that have weight 45 each
leveling curve is all wrong, once you get to hell cave you get 275k exp a mob, can do lvl50-51 like 3 times quicker than 49-50
level 55 kit as hp on rings, to much hp kit ingame to unbalance loads, take a level 46 in essence kit which can get more than 300hp from, fighting a level45 as a massive hp advantage.
balancing on server is totally wrong, needs alot of work to balance it out
level 55-60 skills dropping from mobs in a level40 cave, seems strange.

is this still planning on going live this weekend? As once you balance it back out it could do with being tested a bit more before launch, would rather wait around for it to not be a 1 week server.

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
but that can be done with like gems/enchant of some sort? pretty much all games out there has this now.. look at bdo and how popular it is.. (i know a totally different type of game, but its still very similar in a way..)

few selective items..

but only 1 main stat.. "AP" and 1 main defense "DP" theres many different ways to enchant your gear etc with t he gems + the ****ish enchantment system ;)

In Principal, the idea is sound, remove DC/SC/MC have AP/DP and like you said, different gem combinations (dunno what these different gem combinations would be, as realistically when you break it down it's either going to increase your damage or increase your defence)

So it's all just an illusion of choice really, makes you think you have loads of different choices but you don't really as it's either more attack, or more defence.

Plus, I like the idea of different class'es looking different to each other in F10/ingame

lostwars

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 29, 2009
My opinion:
most armours all use same name ‘robe’ so you need pick up to see if its the right class
leveling curve is all wrong, once you get to hell cave you get 275k exp a mob, can do lvl50-51 like 3 times quicker than 49-50
level 55 kit as hp on rings, to much hp kit ingame to unbalance loads, take a level 46 in essence kit which can get more than 300hp from, fighting a level45 as a massive hp advantage.

is this still planning on going live this weekend? As once you balance it back out it could do with being tested a bit more before launch, would rather wait around for it to not be a 1 week server.

Thanks for the feedback, no its not intending to be live this weekend, ill be the first to admit the balance has been a issue, but ive taken the feedback on board and addressing it accordingly, don't really want it to be a few week server either, need to sort the balance out for release, also regarding images i've noted it down, will sort it depending on what class you are e.g. plate for warrior, robe for taoist etc - will leave test server up for a while if people wish to come on, but ive not given up and im taking all feedback on board and trying my best,

StormHero

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 19, 2015
Thanks for the feedback, no its not intending to be live this weekend, ill be the first to admit the balance has been a issue, but ive taken the feedback on board and addressing it accordingly, don't really want it to be a few week server either, need to sort the balance out for release, also regarding images i've noted it down, will sort it depending on what class you are e.g. plate for warrior, robe for taoist etc - will leave test server up for a while if people wish to come on, but ive not given up and im taking all feedback on board and trying my best,
Myself and others that i know dont mind carrying on in test till its all done, will continue to give any feedback that i come across.

---------- Post Merged at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:01 PM ----------

I also forgot to say add amc to more kit items, im in almost full essence kit, but left/right guards own me and so do zuma archers

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
If your a wizard archers always shred you due to their high dc and your low ac

StormHero

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 19, 2015
If your a wizard archers always shred you due to their high dc and your low ac
I know that but even with a tao buff and in full ac kit, still cant hunt there at level50 and its supposed to be a 45 cave, if there was a alternative 45 cave i wouldnt mind but there isnt.

stephens_l

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Apr 30, 2003
My opinion:

Try have a little more tact when offering your opinion. Its not like he plans to make any money out of the server, hes doing it for nostalgic reasons and to give people something to play.

I agree with some points you raised but not all. For ex, the armours do not look tacky. He has spaced the levelling / new item reward points really well in my opinion. The + hp items come at the right time too, just as you can get into zt where things hurt a lot more. He has also not done what a lot of servers do and that is put loads of multi stat rings and items with 10 ac 10 amc etc meaning that u get the hp boost for the harder caves but to really get stuck in the higher content you benefit greatly from having a tao with you but can solo a little easier due to the extra hp if you really want to. The way he has done it promotes group play which can only be a good thing end game.

There are some balancing issues here and there but as others have said, if you listen to the recommendations of your testers and work on putting them into play then the server has good potential.

Take your time, don't be rushed by people and if you need to call on players to test specific things then do so!

Good luck mate.

---------- Post Merged at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:55 AM ----------

I know that but even with a tao buff and in full ac kit, still cant hunt there at level50 and its supposed to be a 45 cave, if there was a alternative 45 cave i wouldnt mind but there isnt.
The archers are fine. Minu and Sined owned Zt when I levelled with them. Your issue isn't the mobs. It's the fact you haven't got tempest yet.

That said, sined got to 51 easily before I gave him tempest. (Level 45 uber firewall skill), kill bosses until u get the book then go back and watch how easily that cave gets owned. Or do what the other highest level wizzies/(ranked top 2) on server did and level in despair KR where the mobs are packed and give great exp in between bossing for books.
Don't expect to be able to nuke every single cave you walk into straight away.

If I was playing wiz I would have been e shocking archers and luring the other mobs away so I can aoe until tempest or drake storm dropped (multi coloured met strike which also drops off normal zt mobs along with tempest). Once u get either of those it's GG over for most caves.

Try to use a bit of a smarter approach to how you play before you tell gm he's got it all wrong mate.

Last edited:

Jampie

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 19, 2010
How is it that we aren't able to make a Assassin yet? I was hoping to test them the most.

aRKY

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2009
Templar Update -
Currently only finding myself using DC kit as it increases Fortify AC buff.
Even in Full Chaos kit I test in Bone Cave lvl 35 cave (im lvl 43) you still cant AOE clear a group of mobs around me ( i can if i hug a wall etc )
HP pots still need a slight increase in there tick rate to make Warrior/Temps able to solo effectively.
I haven't had wraith grip etc drop to test them so will give some feedback on those once i have them
Poison Stick- Doesnt tick for any damage atall even with SC kit on.

I can only give class comments based on solo play so once i hve the other skills and group up i can give some more feedback.

Will Orbs/Gems be ingame as i think Templar is going to end up being very much like Chronicles monk and needs loads of stats orbing/gemming which could be a issue
Sins/Wars/Temps all will need similar kit so maybe look at this as well from an economy stand point

Status
Not open for further replies.