Legend Of Mir2;; Tatsunuko 2.3 (Converting to Ace)

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

Callisto

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
very odd i will agree with Azza on this one its possibly windows 8.1 causing an issue but yes Ill get it looked into

kevin87

Night date without obligations, one night only
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 11, 2005
Usa
yeah i get the problem on windows 8 guys ;) its 100% windows 8

Callisto

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
out of curiosity did you both use the auto patcher to download the files or did you use the installer to install it

---------- Post Merged at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:53 AM ----------

out of curiosity did you both use the auto patcher to download the files or did you use the installer to install it

Callisto

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
you have a eta for live beta before it goes live

at the moment we are hoping its all running by the 9th and it will be a straight launch, we were hoping to have more ready before then but unfortunately we have come across some server issues which seriously need sorting before we can go live.
we are still adding a lot of stuff and a lot more is in the pipeline to add also.
We will keep you posted

wolverine2006

LOMCN n00bie
Oct 16, 2006
is this server still up for beta because if it is all im getting is connection closed and im usings the isp that was given on the forum

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
is this server still up for beta because if it is all im getting is connection closed and im usings the isp that was given on the forum
The server is down at the moment, the host computer got a worm which was almost fatal but luckily got saved.
It will be back up shortly, sorry for any inconvenience.

EDIT
-----

Everything is now fine and its back up, again I do apologise.
Please remember this is only closed beta, and there will be a wipe.

Last edited:

TravisW

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 4, 2007
You can't see text with Windows 8 but you can still get on, just hit tab when creating account.(had no sound either) Tried for a bit but not for me, seems the name BrickShitHouse is a little OTT for this server, can't see me playing this with all the grade school rules. Looked pretty good otherwise.

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
You can't see text with Windows 8 but you can still get on, just hit tab when creating account.(had no sound either) Tried for a bit but not for me, seems the name BrickShitHouse is a little OTT for this server, can't see me playing this with all the grade school rules. Looked pretty good otherwise.
What do you mean by "grade school rules" ?
and "Brick shithouse" ?

Callisto

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 31, 2013

For your information the issue with your name has nothing to do with grade school rules I requested that you change your name as the server will not be an ADULT only server and we want to keep a standard, we have swear filters that will be in place so If a swear filter stops it from being typed we would deem it not to be used as a name.
If you have an issue with rules that we have placed on to make sure that our server stays a family orientated friendly place and not a place where you expect to see abusive / vulgar and unnecessary language just for the sake of it, then that's your prerogative, I am sorry you feel you will not wish to play the server.

Last edited:

NewHope

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 18, 2005
For your information the issue with your name has nothing to do with grade school rules I requested that you change your name as the server will not be an ADULT only server and we want to keep a standard, we have swear filters that will be in place so If a swear filter stops it from being typed we would deem it not to be used as a name.
If you have an issue with rules that we have placed on to make sure that our server stays a family orientated friendly place and not a place where you expect to see abusive / vulgar and unnecessary language just for the sake of it, then that's your prerogative, I am sorry you feel you will not wish to play the server.

You do realise if you enforce these rules your going to have like 4 players.
We all know Mir players are offensive trolls most of the time. :(

Callisto

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
You do realise if you enforce these rules your going to have like 4 players.
We all know Mir players are offensive trolls most of the time. :(

That may be, but in chat it disappears after a while and what we don't see don't bother us, however a player name is a different matter, my 2 children play this game and i don't want to have them both seeing people running about with swearwords in their name just cos they couldn't think of another name.

M3ntalRav3r

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 14, 2011
Hartlepool
from what ive played so far the server has leveling issues for warr and tao, i got 50+ warr and leveling was boring as hell and a drag even with the 100% exp buff, CHM sucks hardly does damage and caves are set out to mass kill in every leveling cave. CHM is capped at level 1 so leveling is a joke, FF is probly capped at lvl1 too but it still does immense damage, taos id feel sorry for them trying to level as its so boring as a warrior.
not sure if mobs have super high ac and low amc or just CHM sucks and FF rapes.
leveling fun factor for warrior id rate it 2/10.

gold needs to be dropped by mobs more often in leveling caves, one lure mass kill you get about 700 gold and use more than that in pots. seems only way to make cash is kill subs and bosses for 40-50 caves.

warrior bounce back from mobs in their leveling cave is a joke, wizzys and warriors ac/amc there is no difference hardly. 50 armor for warrior ac12-27 amc 12-20 and for wizzy its 11-23 amc 16-26, the difference of AC 1-4 in armors makes wizzys tanks with magicshield and can mass lure and kill no problem at all with the damage they do also.

boots / belts can only be repaired to certain npc's, boots/belt/armor/helmets should all be able to be repaired at clothes/armor shop.
or all should be repaired at special repair npc for VIPS.

amount of mobs that spawn in bug cave is probly x10 the amount that sould be there, on floor 2 i couldnt even move.

you need to set out warrior/tao caves because these 2 classes find it hard to level where as wizzys its way too easy.

xXxX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 9, 2005
i do agree i cant comment about war's but tao's level silly slow on there, the pets just get battered by mobs as most caves fairly busy aswell, and even a gm said they was tao first but made a wizzy as taos were horribly slow atm lol

kevin87

Night date without obligations, one night only
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 11, 2005
Usa
Callisto, moaning about someones name?, but i swear ive seen a weapon called BitchSlap or something very similar??

Paloma

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 3, 2013
That may be, but in chat it disappears after a while and what we don't see don't bother us, however a player name is a different matter, my 2 children play this game and i don't want to have them both seeing people running about with swearwords in their name just cos they couldn't think of another name.
Just curious but why are you letting children onto the internet at all if you want to avoid them seeing swear words or knowing about all the isms?
Mir isnt a good place for children, even with adult supervision. Mir has rowdy adolescents, cross dressing shemales, people who think sex talk is funny or the right way to behave, racists, sexists, too much testoserone, players who boast about drug taking, whose names are drug related, sex related or excrement related, drunks and I remember a guild whose board had "Welcome to the most Perverted Guild in Mir"
Yet you want your children to play.
Personally I would keep them off the internet and on consoles.
Controlling Mir players sounds like an uphill task. Good Luck

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
Guys please remember Callisto is working alone at the moment as I'm having problems with my local computer shop which may end up with me having to go to trading standards.

I'll try and clear a few things up:

Swear Barrier / Name Issue:
There won't be a swear cap, or name bans.
That was already in the files when I got them sent and havn't had a chance to remove it.
Callisto is simply following the rules to cover his own back.

Armour Stats:
There is a couple of random armours planted around, e.g. some are rarer than others.
Some drop off mobs, some drop from bosses.
However I will look into this further.

Boots / Belts:
Visit the NPC in SabukWall on the right hand side.

Taoist Pets:
Taoists pets may appear "rubbish" and will more than likely get battered.
However: This is a basic shop spell, and there is more & better casting books out there.
Please don't be scared off by this.

BugCave / Over-Spawns:
From what im aware, the mobs have been increased across all of the caves due to people moaning there wont be enough mobs when the server shoots live.
This is a simple slip up.

Spells:
The spells are not capped, they have had their level requirements increased to keep up with the server.

The reason we have done this is because when people reach level 70 they gain level 3 spells which
makes the player seem increasingly strong when they have an advantageous FlamingSword over a level 50 with level 1 FlamingSword.

This system has been carefully planned out, and works very well.
Taoists do have their perks, and we have plans for them for later in the game.
And please remember taoists have always been stupidly hard to level anyway.

Gold:
Another thing we have trial & tested.
We've tried low, high, super high gold and none of them fitted in well with the server.
You can't gain gold from just killing mobs, try and kill some bosses too which most have 1/10 goldbars.

Overall / Help & Information:
Being level 60 and under you havn't really explored enough to open up the best features of the server.
There is still alot of features which people haven't yet seen, this is only the start of the server remember.
Remember 1+ years work has gone into this server, so there is alot of content.
Give it a chance before you mock it. You will be surprised.

If you have any questions or issues please add me on Skype and I'll be happy to clear things up.

Regards
/Azza

Last edited:

Isus

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 4, 2010
firewall is gone when you go to sabuk i fore one have (had) lvl 2 on it , when i tt from sabuk i do not get it back and i have to buy it and lvl 0 again that suck's ....

Callisto

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
Lets break this down shall we..

from what ive played so far the server has leveling issues for warr and tao, i got 50+ warr and leveling was boring as hell and a drag even with the 100% exp buff, CHM sucks hardly does damage and caves are set out to mass kill in every leveling cave. CHM is capped at level 1 so leveling is a joke, FF is probly capped at lvl1 too but it still does immense damage, taos id feel sorry for them trying to level as its so boring as a warrior.
not sure if mobs have super high ac and low amc or just CHM sucks and FF rapes.
leveling fun factor for warrior id rate it 2/10.
You Told Me about this 10 mins before I was due to start a 12 hour night shift Sorry if this isnt enough time for me to work out what was wrong with it.
And strangely enough NO SPELL / SKILL is capped at any level.

gold needs to be dropped by mobs more often in leveling caves, one lure mass kill you get about 700 gold and use more than that in pots. seems only way to make cash is kill subs and bosses for 40-50 caves.
Gold drops from every mob but on a 1/5 basis we are always tweeking mob drops to make sure things arnt dropping too much, again this takes time cant be done in a few hours unless you want me to just to type 1/1 10000000 from each mob

warrior bounce back from mobs in their leveling cave is a joke, wizzys and warriors ac/amc there is no difference hardly. 50 armor for warrior ac12-27 amc 12-20 and for wizzy its 11-23 amc 16-26, the difference of AC 1-4 in armors makes wizzys tanks with magicshield and can mass lure and kill no problem at all with the damage they do also.
We are still working out the stats i refer to my previous statement as posted in game and on facebook IF NO-ONE LETS US KNOW WE CANT FIX IT. and balancing classes is on our list to do but strange people keep moaning about small things and wanting them done straight away

boots / belts can only be repaired to certain npc's, boots/belt/armor/helmets should all be able to be repaired at clothes/armor shop.
or all should be repaired at special repair npc for VIPS.
Again you brought this to my attention 10 mins before I left for work on a 12 hour night shift.
This can be solved. but with reguards to certain npcs no thats not correct sabuk has a Special repair for boots and belt, inside the weaponshop theres an npc that repairs everything, sorry for forgetting a number in an npc script god forbid a human made a mistake.

amount of mobs that spawn in bug cave is probly x10 the amount that sould be there, on floor 2 i couldnt even move.
I believe it was you that told me that there wasnt enough mobs in these caves (if not I appologize) But the mob spawns cannot be adjusted till a server reboot and that was sorted yesterday after you told me about it. and ok so i didnt reboot the server straight away sorry for not keeping to your schedule but I had to GO TO WORK.

you need to set out warrior/tao caves because these 2 classes find it hard to level where as wizzys its way too easy.
Which do you want first as to make a full set of caves takes a long time and to make sure each exit and entrance mobs to add making sure they are the right power making sure they drop correctly, then finding a location for it, funny so far EVERYTHING you have moaned about you told me 10 mins before I left for a 12 hour night shift.

If you want me to solve things then try posting it on OUR forums www.tatsunuko.net or on FACEBOOK group cos i dont check lomcn for bugs.

As for xXxX comment
dont know which character you are but I dont remember seeing any posts about this in our facebook page or forums.

As for Kevin87
That weapon is not in game any longer, If you must know I have not had chance to go through the database for names etc.. why Oh I wonder because of people moaning about stupid things which are still testing at the moment.

---------- Post Merged at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:55 PM ----------

firewall is gone when you go to sabuk i fore one have (had) lvl 2 on it , when i tt from sabuk i do not get it back and i have to buy it and lvl 0 again that suck's ....

Yes I am aware of this again on our things to do and sort if you spot one of us in game we will give it back to you

---------- Post Merged at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:55 PM ----------

OK if theres anyone going to moan about how now wizards are now useless or not as good as they were or anything of the like then you can blame our friend here of M3ntalRav3r because I have now adjusted the wiz armours and helmets to have less AC and more MAC where as the warrior armours have Higher AC and less AMC taos I have not had chance to look at funny enough cos ive only been awake for 2 hours and ive had to do my normal house shopping for food and stuff in that time also.

I have added power to the warrior skills that I can without coding,

because people seem to think that tiny things are more important than having the content to keep you entertained then ill be putting caves on hold till I work through the little tiny things that people keep throwing at me.

Last edited: