Level Cap....

Join Discord

ashleyuk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Nov 18, 2008
Na Ben tried it and it didn't work. It's just not a mir thing

3 Heroes is capped? At 400 or 500.. Unless he's done that idea were people are like 100 and below? Not really taken much notice in it lol.

Also depends on how long the level caps are for.. It gives new commers time to catch up.. But if you did do this and like 3 - 4 People got all the kit.. Just add a RARER item in.. So it keeps them hunting till level cap is raised..

My opinions..

-Ash

T0MMY

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 5, 2007
United Kingdom
I think level caps are good. As it has been stated. No one wants to join a server where people are 00's level high and your level 1.

Hemp server is having a cap but it has another games feel. Wait and see.

People care about kit, wealth and boss killing. Not scrounging levels at a grind.

ashleyuk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Nov 18, 2008
At the start that's all you really wanna achieve :D Then when your at a grinding limit you feel like hunting bosses.. (Unless the cave you try to level in is to hard then you will need to hunt bosses)

-Ash

T0MMY

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 5, 2007
United Kingdom
At the start that's all you really wanna achieve :D Then when your at a grinding limit you feel like hunting bosses.. (Unless the cave you try to level in is to hard then you will need to hunt bosses)

-Ash

This is what I mean, not releasing too much information about Hemp but you will start off at a certain level (no one likes to a noob) and then have a moderate amount of levels to reach the cap. However it will be a grind to reach them but you will always have content every level. When I mean grind, think of project 69.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
I like the idea of it, but it really needs some thought, and the server really needs lots of content for it to work. Last thing you want is to just be logging on, killing a boss or two, then just pissing about/log off untill bosses spawn again.

T0MMY

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 5, 2007
United Kingdom
I like the idea of it, but it really needs some thought, and the server really needs lots of content for it to work. Last thing you want is to just be logging on, killing a boss or two, then just pissing about/log off untill bosses spawn again.

I agree. However there will be leveling involved to and balancing the leveling with the cap is key. Will be taking a lot of tampering and thought for the experience side.

So far Hemp will launch with around 31 caves, boss areas, group caves, hunting areas and leveling rooms.

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

Doesn't work with mir imo

Glad you posted too be fair.

Your a Final Fantasy fan right? Well you will know it is all about getting to the level cap and killing bosses. Unlocking new content etc.

That's the aim of Hemp server.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
It needs to work a little like WoW (I never played FF).

Going to all different areas to gain kit, which then means you can advance into the next cave to gain more kit, to then move onto the next area ect ect, but not all soloable either and a bit of a challenge.

Nothing worse imo than been top level, fully kitted and can solo everything with ease.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
An easy (well, easier) way to make it would would be to pull content from other games (not just WoW) there is loads you could do especially with new files, but I think really it would require group/team play and I'm not sure how realistic that is with our player base now.

Ilsta

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 20, 2012
Imo level caps would work best on a high usercount server otherwise seems pointless.

T0MMY

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 5, 2007
United Kingdom
An easy (well, easier) way to make it would would be to pull content from other games (not just WoW) there is loads you could do especially with new files, but I think really it would require group/team play and I'm not sure how realistic that is with our player base now.

Group/team play should could more into the levels. For example 0-30 leveling solo, getting your feet onto the ground basically. 30-40 making friends, going to new places. 40+ group/guild/clan hunting.

WhoMeYou

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 15, 2010
TOWIE!
Group/team play should could more into the levels. For example 0-30 leveling solo, getting your feet onto the ground basically. 30-40 making friends, going to new places. 40+ group/guild/clan hunting.

Making friends..... what is this The Sims ?
Majority of people who still play mir, have there own mates that join servers together, if your not part of there "Fun" Club, then u get pk'd.

Making friends..... still laughing at that.....

T0MMY

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 5, 2007
United Kingdom
Making friends..... what is this The Sims ?
Majority of people who still play mir, have there own mates that join servers together, if your not part of there "Fun" Club, then u get pk'd.

Making friends..... still laughing at that.....

Well then your a plank aren't you. When building a server you are trying to build a community not just have the same group of mates. Yes it will still be group of individuals going around pking, boss killing and hunting but there will be new friend groups and additional players NOT just the same.

kthxbye

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Level caps dont work? Ben tried it and it didnt work? haha...

Well Threeheroes has a level cap, and its worked perfectly fine, so i dont know where you get ur info from shababgaga w/e ur name is.

Imo i think its worked great, its stoped players from out leveling the content and going too far ahead, its allowed new users to start w/o there being a never ending catch up needed... however that being said u do need to make some little extra as skyline said

for me, the level up/down on PK has really helped to contirbute to this, as no1 stays at the level cap forever, as most ppl will die now and then and lose the level.. but they could also gain it back via PK.

Another feature is the way you can sell your level for a level up scroll.. which is then sold to another player... allows the people that just LOVE to level the ability to level forever, in exchange for gold, rather than +hp+mp.

Level caps DO WORK, but you cant just put in a level cap and leave it at that, you have to add extras.