= [Live] - [Meteora] - [v3] =

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidShaw

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 3, 2007
I love reading the meteora thread ...

Its like wow ... Imagine what OS would do WITH source code too ;) lol ...

Maybe the Meteora team have much more of "lives" then me and Ben , who knows :P .
What I know is Ben has gotten laid by at least 3 diff chicks due to this crappy 16bit game lol ... so it seems its not all a waste , aha :D

But seriously , me and Ben maintain the highest usercount server at the moment , and we have not compromised any of our original aims as a server team ...

Ultimately our success is down to our dedication as a Server team ... What I dont get is why other servers keep saying "we have real lives too" , not once ever has a Player asked me or Ben something and been ignored due to "rl issues" ...

The only conclusion I can come to is that "Real Life Issues" is an excuse for those server teams that lack the commitment to run a successful long term server.

Blaming your lifes circumstances for your failures is the same as an unsuccessful life...

Resol

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 20, 2008
LOMCN, duh
I love reading the meteora thread ...

Its like wow ... Imagine what OS would do WITH source code too ;) lol ...

Maybe the Meteora team have much more of "lives" then me and Ben , who knows :P .
What I know is Ben has gotten laid by at least 3 diff chicks due to this crappy 16bit game lol ... so it seems its not all a waste , aha :D

But seriously , me and Ben maintain the highest usercount server at the moment , and we have not compromised any of our original aims as a server team ...

Ultimately our success is down to our dedication as a Server team ... What I dont get is why other servers keep saying "we have real lives too" , not once ever has a Player asked me or Ben something and been ignored due to "rl issues" ...

The only conclusion I can come to is that "Real Life Issues" is an excuse for those server teams that lack the commitment to run a successful long term server.

Blaming your lifes circumstances for your failures is the same as an unsuccessful life...

You are a knob. If the mods here were any good, you would be banned now. Spamming crap about shitty OS in every single server thread. STFU & GTFO.

mutatedkbass

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Veteran
Jul 4, 2004
Well said you 2.

Erm Ok, worked out the reason for everyones placements on starter being off. Its down to your DPI settings they have to be set at 96dpi otherwise the placemenets will be off.

This is what you need to do, Right Click on the desktop, properties > Settings, Advanced Settings

At this point you should see the dpi settings. Set them to 96dpi then click apply and restart computer.

Also David. Your server aint that great and from what ive heard you cant code for ****, can just do npc scripts which doesn't impress me much so if OS had the source im sure not a lot would be done. Also if you could kindly restrain yourself from posting things about your server on OUR server thread that would be great.

Last edited:

mutatedkbass

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Veteran
Jul 4, 2004
P.S an unsuccessful life? You would regard running a Private Mir 2 server as having a successful life?

DavidShaw

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 3, 2007
Lawl. Why not try reading the post Again ...

I'm simply saying ...

Every server that fails keeps saying "well we have real lives" ... as if to imply me or Ben CANT have a life to be doing so well .. lol

Its the opposite , its just that you don't have enough "leg room" in your life to be able to maintain the server very well ...

thats all i was getting it :P dont dig at us every time you **** summat up and we point it out :P

and me? flaming? ...

I'll pose the same QUESTION i did 3 months ago ...

What have Meteora hardcoded in 12 months , that cant be done on TDs

*TUMBLEWEED*

Resol

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 20, 2008
LOMCN, duh
Lets end this now.

Meteora have revamped Mir. They have made a huge step in what can actualy be done, new spells etc.

OS has everything any half intelligent 12 year old could do. GG.

mutatedkbass

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Veteran
Jul 4, 2004
New Spells....gf lol

So now can you kindly get off the Meteora thread and crawl back to OS, which i must add. Apparently you dont do much to it anyway.....

Resol

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 20, 2008
LOMCN, duh
Neither him or Bon do much at all nowdays. Pretty much everything that has gone into the server was Bon anyway.

Ang3l

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 21, 2005
Lets end this now.

Meteora have revamped Mir. They have made a huge step in what can actualy be done, new spells etc.

OS has everything any half intelligent 12 year old could do. GG.
if any 12 yr old could do it why havnt they?...
im not gonna fkin say this again seriously, stop fkin putin down OS. if it was so **** whys it got over x4 the users of meteor.. if met was so fkin amazing it would have OS usercount. now stfu tool

Also David. Your server aint that great and from what ive heard you cant code for ****, can just do npc scripts which doesn't impress me much so if OS had the source im sure not a lot would be done. Also if you could kindly restrain yourself from posting things about your server on OUR server thread that would be great.
not rly... if we had the files u did we'd learn how to code or get some1 to help us... seein as we cant code on this files tho, why bother learnin..

also tuma forget about postin about OS on here, theres no point arguein lol they r 2 dif servers and we aint tryin 2 compete... its a pointless arguement, no point lowerin to this level. i know u like 2 argue but its pointless, much love

oh and i still do a lot on oldskool.. but im also rather busy irl atm.. i dont have any deadlines to meet so i couldnt care wot uthink llol

/ben

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
Ability to be better than OS... Yes by all means. But only due to being able to code as they please.
OS isn't all that bad, it just bored me after a few weeks. Mind you most servers these days so nothing against either server.

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
meteora hasnt even taken off the server isnt living up to its expectations, boring, repetitive server in my opinion but then again OS does nothing for me as the user count is too high so to speak as where ever you go you got some kunt higher than you.

NewHope

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 18, 2005
Met > OS.

The high usercount on oldskool just gives you an indication of how many socially retarded fukwits play mir still... or something along those lines. Im sorry if the truth hurts, but no more so than the constant too-ing and fro-ing about oldskool server.
I know in previous posts i have said even negative publicity is still publicity, but when dim witted brown nosing spacktards are constantly posting the same drivel over and over again, someone has to just stand up and say NO MORE. I don't want it to be me, but seems as the moderators on this forum are about as usful as a choclate fireplace in the caribean i think i will have to put myself out there. Please enjoy another reason to flame or attempt some pathetic counter arguement, as i always enjoy a good laugh.

As i will reiterate, for those who look for flames in a post rather than actual content. Met > OS. For the simple fact the players aren't visually defficient sheep being lead slowly to slaughter by a deluded individual whos brain cell count is slowly being undermined by his usercount.

Enjoy.

Last edited:

>DMX<

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
Manchester
meteora hasnt even taken off the server isnt living up to its expectations, boring, repetitive server in my opinion but then again OS does nothing for me as the user count is too high so to speak as where ever you go you got some kunt higher than you.

Every private server gets tiresome and boring in the end thats why im supprised so many still play them its mainly just the same thing over and over.

Just settle it by saying both servers are good in their own way...

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006
To be honest, why the **** are you arguing?

Theres no right or wrong, both servers relate to different audiences and offer a different playing experience..

Meteora, although it may offer a smaller community, i expect its a nicer community. You probably wont incounter a great ammount of greif, and you'll have a great ammount of fun if your into that sort of thing.

OldSkool, obviously this server is offering a bigger community, although you'll have to put up with alot of riff raff, although this appeals to some people, they like the competition within the game.

You cant compare the two, they are completely different servers.

Dookie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 5, 2004
New spell added

Fog - Level 45 - Taoist

fogpg5.gif

Cast in a similar fashion to FireWall, it knocks the target away from the caster and deals a small amount of damage.

This spell will be released with a Warrior and Wizard equivalent in an upcoming patch.

- Lind

PS: Could i request this thread be cleaned if there are any Mods alive. Thanks.

DavidShaw

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 3, 2007
Finally ... AFTER 12 MONTHS we see a longrange repulsion spell ...

I wonder why a Longrange repulsion is a bad idea ... Hummm ... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.