LOMCN Forced to close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dataforce

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 15, 2003
Due to pressure by Wemade Entertainment, and the supreme court, lomcn is being forced to close, effective tomorrow.

A complete copy of the database has been handed over to wemade, as well as all the server access logs for the site so that they can track down the private server hosts operating within Europe.

I am sorry it had to come to this, there was nothing i could do.

-------
UPDATE: Closed MIR sections to prevent furthur actions brought against us.

-------
Edit: Yes, it was an aprils fools joke. Yes alot of you fell for it. Yes we rock :D (Thanks to other admins for playing along etc :D)

You should all know by now not to believe any news post online on 1st april.

oh, and April fools lasts all day, not just till 12, so pfft!

Biohazard

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Apr 21, 2003
Salem, Oregon
*** wemade. It's time to stand up to those pussys. :weightlif

***, let urban take over LOMCN - Lives in America so they can't do ****!

NeOn

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 12, 2003
Chatsworth Estate, Manchester
Can we bribe em with summat lol

no seriously, DF you done a good job, your right its a shame its coming to this there no way of gettin around it am gonna miss lomcn :(

and what did u mean about servers? they gonna track every host down :/
My server not even been up a day ><

ooohh yeah someone told me that they have released the 1.9 SERVER FILES on the Offical Website!!! www.legendofmir.net :/

Thats how bothered they are!! ffs ><

Biohazard

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Apr 21, 2003
Salem, Oregon
NeOn said:
come on guys, we gotta keep lomcn alive!!!! there has GOT to be a way round all of this ????

Making the server in the USA. That would make Wemade spends loads of money on a American patient and licence which costs alot of money.

Rexis

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 25, 2003
-
Omg That Cannot Be Damn Wemade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Biohazard

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Apr 21, 2003
Salem, Oregon
No, that is not true. Wemade is only shutting down LOMCN, *NOT PRIVATE SERVERS!*. Only the LOMCN website. But if the server was moved to America then Wemade could't do crap.

Lionheart

&quot;SCHMIBBIT&quot;
VIP
Jul 12, 2003
North Wales
just keep the forum up and not the servers if ppl r so botherd about LOMCN dieing. Shane id give it to sum1 else so they can host it if they want. i mean ppl say "oh i dont care wht they say" just give it to them then and see how they feel. Least uve kept it up this long shane, well donem8

Biohazard

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Apr 21, 2003
Salem, Oregon
They have never used them. And only willing to prosecute Euro users because it is easier. However some of you may not know that it takes alot of money bring up a lawsuit in the US.

And where in the website does that emphisized?

Status
Not open for further replies.