Longevity of Mir 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belle

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 25, 2019
I hope for Mir M and Euro Reborn to turn around all this drama that LOMCN appears to be going through.

Let's be hopeful for these and keep pushing for idiots to be stopped in doing their silly games like cheating etc.
I really enjoyed mir4, many people gave up at the start and didn’t actually play the game. Our alliance has 9 or 10 of the 14 EU servers. Many long nights with great PVP.
Works well with crypto and NFT also. Would love these files to get public but really doubt it.

Mir M I’m not to sure about I didn’t hear many good things when it was open for beta.

Lionsm!ght

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2015
One thing is when you have a Game Shop like Jamie for example, other is when you see Paralysis Ring for 500$, Mir Box items and other crap in GameShop.

Players buying this much are to blame up to a point. But when up next is to allow crypto payments only, inflating server usercount with auto play, its a whole new different pandora box which probably its not going to be exploited by Bon but by others who have bad intentions.

Then you will see other users going against it and can't do **** because Bon was allowed to have auto play and ONLY crypto payments on his server, so why others not? It will slowly snowball into lots of ppls quiting when they see auto afk and shitcoins on every server.

Problem is the players want it/pay for it. GM's should be made to list and maintain their entire game shop in their advert so people know if it is worthwhile or not before. Mods could also log on and verify shop contents vs adverts and put warnings etc if gameshop is not reflected.

I see no difference between having the game auto play killing monsters, to people running stalls/miners/fishing etc. A lot of players will use macros to rt/skill anyway. A semi useful mechanic for people to try and not fall so far behind they quit should be encouraged surely. Of course it comes with its own risks of being easily pk'd. I would rather have the autobot feature than some server running multiple miners/fishers. Generally if they are auto playing it means they are an active character, rather than 5 alts mining etc for 1 main. Similarly if someone decides to multi box multiple accounts to either sell them or the gear, it means a cheaper market place for others.

Bons advert reflects a lot of features in mir4 that anyone who gave it a fair shot will know worked well on mir4 and could refresh mir2/3. The community has shrunk because people genuinely dont have time to commit to the grind of mir, and any attempt to try and entice those players back seems to be met with some warped criticsm that the game should be exactly like it was 20+ years ago.

I played mir4 for a year straight due to features like the autobot so i did not fall so far behind while working it made it pointless playing. I have not played a mir server longer than 2 months in the past 10 years as after the initial couple of weeks they all turn into high levels killing everyone below them for nothing other than an ego boost, and if you cannot keep up with 12hours gaming time daily then it is pointless.

Gaming has moved on, yet part/most of this community are stuck in the past which will eventually mean it dies.

Bon is not creating his own new "shitcoin" but using an established coin he has no ownership or control in as a payment method, it is like accepting bitcoin. If he was making his own cryptocoin then I would agree with you but all he is doing is accepting crypto as a payment. The crypto technology also allows for players to safely trade accounts or items whilst also allowing the server team to take a small % of the transaction. No different to allowing people to sell the same stuff ingame using the trust merchant but listing with the GG and taking a % off that transaction, then someone recalls a payment screwing both the GM and seller/buyer. If people dont use it then they make nothing out of it anyway. As we all know, these transactions happen anyway within the server but normally with a select few people, or people start claiming to be hacked causing problems for the GM.

If more people adopted this sort of approach, you could actually build up a community market place where people could actually switch characters between servers. ie someone playing Bons server could sell his character and buy a character on ZenX, and the guy selling on ZenX could go buy a char on Bons server. Both players are still then actively playing a mir server. People dont want to start late on an old server, as mentioned servers dont have good catchup mechanics and the community generally has a "well i had to grind it out they can" approach and the ones that do will have some high level needlessly killing players in low end content. However they could safely buy a character from someone who can no longer play and dont have to waste x months just trying to catch up in content noone else is playing in. You could bring out a new patch on a old server and new people could pick up old characters for cheap to give it a go without having to start from scratch and miss out.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Problem is the players want it/pay for it. GM's should be made to list and maintain their entire game shop in their advert so people know if it is worthwhile or not before. Mods could also log on and verify shop contents vs adverts and put warnings etc if gameshop is not reflected.

I see no difference between having the game auto play killing monsters, to people running stalls/miners/fishing etc. A lot of players will use macros to rt/skill anyway. A semi useful mechanic for people to try and not fall so far behind they quit should be encouraged surely. Of course it comes with its own risks of being easily pk'd. I would rather have the autobot feature than some server running multiple miners/fishers. Generally if they are auto playing it means they are an active character, rather than 5 alts mining etc for 1 main. Similarly if someone decides to multi box multiple accounts to either sell them or the gear, it means a cheaper market place for others.

Bons advert reflects a lot of features in mir4 that anyone who gave it a fair shot will know worked well on mir4 and could refresh mir2/3. The community has shrunk because people genuinely dont have time to commit to the grind of mir, and any attempt to try and entice those players back seems to be met with some warped criticsm that the game should be exactly like it was 20+ years ago.

I played mir4 for a year straight due to features like the autobot so i did not fall so far behind while working it made it pointless playing. I have not played a mir server longer than 2 months in the past 10 years as after the initial couple of weeks they all turn into high levels killing everyone below them for nothing other than an ego boost, and if you cannot keep up with 12hours gaming time daily then it is pointless.

Gaming has moved on, yet part/most of this community are stuck in the past which will eventually mean it dies.

Bon is not creating his own new "shitcoin" but using an established coin he has no ownership or control in as a payment method, it is like accepting bitcoin. If he was making his own cryptocoin then I would agree with you but all he is doing is accepting crypto as a payment. The crypto technology also allows for players to safely trade accounts or items whilst also allowing the server team to take a small % of the transaction. No different to allowing people to sell the same stuff ingame using the trust merchant but listing with the GG and taking a % off that transaction, then someone recalls a payment screwing both the GM and seller/buyer. If people dont use it then they make nothing out of it anyway. As we all know, these transactions happen anyway within the server but normally with a select few people, or people start claiming to be hacked causing problems for the GM.

If more people adopted this sort of approach, you could actually build up a community market place where people could actually switch characters between servers. ie someone playing Bons server could sell his character and buy a character on ZenX, and the guy selling on ZenX could go buy a char on Bons server. Both players are still then actively playing a mir server. People dont want to start late on an old server, as mentioned servers dont have good catchup mechanics and the community generally has a "well i had to grind it out they can" approach and the ones that do will have some high level needlessly killing players in low end content. However they could safely buy a character from someone who can no longer play and dont have to waste x months just trying to catch up in content noone else is playing in. You could bring out a new patch on a old server and new people could pick up old characters for cheap to give it a go without having to start from scratch and miss out.
Fair points stated out, probably my point of view has not been understood.

I don't care about Bon adding auto play or crypto, it could be anyone else which I would say what I have said so far.

The fact that this is allowed means others are going to do it, others are well intended on being secure and provide transparency, others are doing servers every X months. Crypto is very fair and transparent, is the fact that others use the crypto only to scam.

Check SaveTheKids, CryptoZoo, I know its their own coin but the fact that the owners pulled the rug and no action been taken shows how easy is to put tomorow a server and in 1month close it with all the cash gained.

I know I been a bad mouthed server owner, but I really struggled on Zen V2 to remove all importance of AFK Mechanics ( Mining is obsolete, Pig exp only when you kill mobs, etc ) to be fair, to influence others that afk systems just inflate usercount and damage the server/community.

I m not against Bon, I m just against this nonsense auto play and crypto which in the wrong hands will damage big time the mir community.

I will stop posting about this topic, if community supports this then means it is what it is. I would like to apologize to @Bon as my pure thoughts was not about him or his server personally but more about the amplified effect. Good luck!

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Fair points stated out, probably my point of view has not been understood.

I don't care about Bon adding auto play or crypto, it could be anyone else which I would say what I have said so far.

The fact that this is allowed means others are going to do it, others are well intended on being secure and provide transparency, others are doing servers every X months. Crypto is very fair and transparent, is the fact that others use the crypto only to scam.

Check SaveTheKids, CryptoZoo, I know its their own coin but the fact that the owners pulled the rug and no action been taken shows how easy is to put tomorow a server and in 1month close it with all the cash gained.

I know I been a bad mouthed server owner, but I really struggled on Zen V2 to remove all importance of AFK Mechanics ( Mining is obsolete, Pig exp only when you kill mobs, etc ) to be fair, to influence others that afk systems just inflate usercount and damage the server/community.

I m not against Bon, I m just against this nonsense auto play and crypto which in the wrong hands will damage big time the mir community.

I will stop posting about this topic, if community supports this then means it is what it is. I would like to apologize to @Bon as my pure thoughts was not about him or his server personally but more about the amplified effect. Good luck!
I think you are misunderstanding the 2 concepts are entirely different.
One creates its own coin and can manipulate it, Oldskool simply accepts it as a form of payment, no different to accepting GBP via Paypal.

Taking payment in crypto is getting more and more popular in every industry... theres tons of integrations now for various platforms.
TESLA accepted bitcoin at one point to buy a car - and your saying tesla is a scam? No its not, cause all they did is accept it as a form of payment.

CryptoZoo and all these project have their own token and THAT Is the big difference and YES i agree it could 100% be a scam and a rug pull.

In these scenarios you are buying their tokens, made out of nothing, in a hope that the game will be good and push the value of the coin up because there is supply and demand. Mir4 and WEMIX is the same. WEMADE have complete control over their token, its their own money, they can make more and more out of thin air and it affects the price cause of dilution. Its the same as the government printing more money and adding a few 00 to the spreadsheet.

Whilst crypto has been around for a long time now people are still badly educated on it, I mean most people are badly educated in finance in general.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
I think you are misunderstanding the 2 concepts are entirely different.
One creates its own coin and can manipulate it, Oldskool simply accepts it as a form of payment, no different to accepting GBP via Paypal.

Taking payment in crypto is getting more and more popular in every industry... theres tons of integrations now for various platforms.
TESLA accepted bitcoin at one point to buy a car - and your saying tesla is a scam? No its not, cause all they did is accept it as a form of payment.

CryptoZoo and all these project have their own token and THAT Is the big difference and YES i agree it could 100% be a scam and a rug pull.

In these scenarios you are buying their tokens, made out of nothing, in a hope that the game will be good and push the value of the coin up because there is supply and demand. Mir4 and WEMIX is the same. WEMADE have complete control over their token, its their own money, they can make more and more out of thin air and it affects the price cause of dilution. Its the same as the government printing more money and adding a few 00 to the spreadsheet.

Whilst crypto has been around for a long time now people are still badly educated on it, I mean most people are badly educated in finance in general.
Let's take it to a real mir situation then.

I don't know what really happen on Apocalypse server but from what I read on the lomcn + some players speaking about on my discord:

They basically dissapear in mid server, with a big ass gameshop. After false hopes before launching that the server team is committed to improve server, that the team is large enough and can provide quality and quantity patches. (Even Hany and you, said that you didn't like their approach and stuff like that)

They used paypal. But what if they used crypto?

What if someone takes crypto and runs a scam server?

I understand the 2 concepts, you just avoid to speak about or understand the trend/precedent this crypto will have on mir for the SCAMMING side by all these low morality server owners who puts a server every X months.

Again, I m not acussing you of anything, I m just stating out that this will let scammers ruin their X months server more frequently without any regulations.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Let's take it to a real mir situation then.

I don't know what really happen on Apocalypse server but from what I read on the lomcn + some players speaking about on my discord:

They basically dissapear in mid server, with a big ass gameshop. After false hopes before launching that the server team is committed to improve server, that the team is large enough and can provide quality and quantity patches. (Even Hany and you, said that you didn't like their approach and stuff like that)

They used paypal. But what if they used crypto?

What if someone takes crypto and runs a scam server?

I understand the 2 concepts, you just avoid to speak about or understand the trend/precedent this crypto will have on mir for the SCAMMING side by all these low morality server owners who puts a server every X months.

Again, I m not acussing you of anything, I m just stating out that this will let scammers ruin their X months server more frequently without any regulations.
I still don't see why crypto makes any difference other than users cant chargeback.
Just because you can chargeback on PayPal or Stripe, dont 100% guarantee you'll get it back either, so in that sense its the same.
One of the main points made here that ruins the community is chargebacks - crypto solves that but your against it? baffles me.

In the scenario you describe, LOMCN should take down the server adverts and ban those responsible from ever being able to advertise or be allowed on this community again, like they have done for many other scam servers in the past... isn't Jesus banned because he did scam servers? MirRevenge was also banned because lapta was a complete bellend. Been loads of examples.
I'm still quite shocked its online after what I've heard (like you i only know the story from what I'm told and read) but then again like a lomcn mod said.. someone in that team is paying for the dedi to be online (perhaps prepaid?), as well as the website, domain etc, so it would be wrong to take it down. However if it was a scam it probably should be taken of the forum.

Again, dont see what crypto has to do with the server being a scam, if the servers a scam its a scam, plain and simple, regardless of payment method used.

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
I still don't see why crypto makes any difference other than users cant chargeback.
Just because you can chargeback on PayPal or Stripe, dont 100% guarantee you'll get it back either, so in that sense its the same.
One of the main points made here that ruins the community is chargebacks - crypto solves that but your against it? baffles me.

In the scenario you describe, LOMCN should take down the server adverts and ban those responsible from ever being able to advertise or be allowed on this community again, like they have done for many other scam servers in the past... isn't Jesus banned because he did scam servers? MirRevenge was also banned because lapta was a complete bellend. Been loads of examples.
I'm still quite shocked its online after what I've heard (like you i only know the story from what I'm told and read) but then again like a lomcn mod said.. someone in that team is paying for the dedi to be online (perhaps prepaid?), as well as the website, domain etc, so it would be wrong to take it down. However if it was a scam it probably should be taken of the forum.

Again, dont see what crypto has to do with the server being a scam, if the servers a scam its a scam, plain and simple, regardless of payment method used.
so let me ask you this... whats your plan for unauthorised payments? someones card gets stolen etc and used on your server (for example). you can't refund it, banks can't refund it, theres no paypal protection or any buyer protection.

technically its not a donation anymore, its a purchase and requires protection by law does it not?

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
so let me ask you this... whats your plan for unauthorised payments? someones card gets stolen etc and used on your server (for example). you can't refund it, banks can't refund it, theres no paypal protection or any buyer protection.
We dont take card payments so that won't happen?
Crypto is decentralized, if you have the keys to your crypto, then its fully your responsibility.

If you get hacked, and your funds get stolen, they defo aint going to be spending it on my mir server.......

• Haha
Reactions: zedina and ventus

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
Personally think 20 year old custom Mir servers here and crypto shouldn’t be in same breath. This community is here for the game, not for the unstable drama of crypto which has shattered many lives.

Maybe 25% of this population (random %) will understand it and the others will not. The 75% will have to watch YouTube tutorial videos of how to set up trust wallet/meta mask etc..delve into the massive crypto market and learn.

Even then as they are new to the crypto they will have doubts, get frustrated and probably make mistakes and lose money at times. And some will blame you and flame you here.

Crypto coins rug all the time, even the big ones.

What if Joe bloggs buys some of the currency, then is RL busy so takes a day to use it but the value has rugged or drastically fell. They lose money.

What if the 75% of folk start getting conned by some of the 25% that know how to loophole things.

What if ppls phrases start getting key log hacked or shared to get help with buying from your gameshop? And robbed?

What if they mistakenly send to wrong address? (It happens). No chance of refund, money gone forever.

Just stick to PayPal, release a good server, and you should get minimal charge backs.

Or don’t and release it and be forever known as a crypto server and no doubt face an abundance of criticism in the future from the ppl it didn’t work out for.

Good luck with whatever u choose anyways 👍🏻

Reactions: Lose

WhyJewBanMe

Toxic
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2018
Pi pot shop
I can't wait to play that Mir Epic

Hight Rare server

Your QA is as bad as the current situation, people are ripping you new sphincters and that banner is a perfect example of the states you allow through

Attachments

• ziekenhuisbal-steward.gif
    ziekenhuisbal-steward.gif
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
Reactions: Lose

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Personally think 20 year old custom Mir servers here and crypto shouldn’t be in same breath. This community is here for the game, not for the unstable drama of crypto which has shattered many lives.

Maybe 25% of this population (random %) will understand it and the others will not. The 75% will have to watch YouTube tutorial videos of how to set up trust wallet/meta mask etc..delve into the massive crypto market and learn.

Even then as they are new to the crypto they will have doubts, get frustrated and probably make mistakes and lose money at times. And some will blame you and flame you here.

What if Joe bloggs buys some of the currency, then is RL busy so takes a day to use it but the value has rugged or drastically fell. They lose money.

What if the 75% of folk start getting conned by some of the 25% that know how to loophole things.

What if ppls phrases start getting key log hacked or shared to get help with buying from your gameshop? And robbed?

What if they mistakenly send to wrong address? (It happens). No chance of refund, money gone forever.

Just stick to PayPal, release a good server, and you should get minimal charge backs.

Or don’t and release it and be forever known as a crypto server and no doubt face an abundance of criticism in the future from the ppl it didn’t work out for.

Its a waste of time and Bon personally rejects to comprehend that Crypto on Mir will make things worse.
Its already like that bot that whatever key you press, it says the same line.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

lol thats complete bullshit and utter nonsense. Shattered many lives? lol wtf.

So because its a 20 year old game, we shouldn't adopt new technology? its people like you that are wrong with the community and why it dwindles. Stuck in the past unwilling to accept something new that might be good for the game.

No one can blame me, I don't own or control anyone. I'm more than happy to help anyone that needs help, I've already done a video guide explaining it.

If Joe bloggs randomly buys something without doing his own research, thats on him.
I bet you wouldnt be saying that if the price of the token sky rocketed and Joe Bloggs had suddenly made money right?

If someones gives out their keys, thats their own stupid fault. Its like giving a guy your debit card and the PIN.

If they sent to the wrong address, again its their own fault. Your bank dont refund you if you send a bank transfer to the wrong place.

Its a waste of time and Bon personally rejects to comprehend that Crypto on Mir will make things worse.
Its already like that bot that whatever key you press, it says the same line.
Because no one has given a valid reason why crypto payments are bad for Mir.
Regardless if you pay in crypto or FIAT, its the same thing. Just 1 can be abused (fiat) and 1 cannot (crypto).
Crypto is superior in that way.

Every repsonse you've given you've competely dodged my remarks just proving you aint got a clue or won't admit your wrong.

so perhaps just answer the 1 thing I said above... TESLA Accepted Bitcoin - does that make them a scam?

WhyJewBanMe

Toxic
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2018
Pi pot shop
I think what ppl are saying is if ppl jump into coins, all the lower tier "developers' will follow suit, meaning they can just pack up n **** off mid server after selling a full kit for 600 pounds - with no way of ANYONE, reclaiming.

I hope its not a new trend and unique to O.S

Reactions: Lose and zedina

ibby

I'm a massive prick
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2017
Looking at this thread, all I read is “scam coin” “rug pull” “p2w”

It’s a form of payment, I myself haven’t used crypto but all I’m going to do is buy crypto to buy gg, i don’t need to sell for £ or buy kit, if I do.. can just use the normal way, don’t know why ur all acting like ur gnna be spending £££££ on crypto for kit.

Also players are more p2w than server owners and that’s a fact. With discord you have all the farmers who have the ££ guys on discord ready to sell gold items levels you name it, Ben nor anyone can really do much about it.. a GG shop prob doesn’t compare to what u can get from farmers these days.

No ones really forced to use crypto on bens server, the people that do, can sell to those who don’t want to get involved in it.
I think what ppl are saying is if ppl jump into coins, all the lower tier "developers' will follow suit, meaning they can just pack up n **** off mid server after selling a full kit for 600 pounds - with no way of ANYONE, reclaiming.

I hope its not a new trend and unique to O.S
I mean not hard to do that with PayPal and server owners, I’m sure they’ve gotten close people to sell gold or made a fake persona char/ account to sell whatever they please.

it’s an odd one as first time this is happening but we’ll just have to see

SPL1FF

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Banshee
Game Master
Mar 24, 2003
lol thats complete bullshit and utter nonsense. Shattered many lives? lol wtf.

So because its a 20 year old game, we shouldn't adopt new technology? its people like you that are wrong with the community and why it dwindles. Stuck in the past unwilling to accept something new that might be good for the game.

No one can blame me, I don't own or control anyone. I'm more than happy to help anyone that needs help, I've already done a video guide explaining it.

If Joe bloggs randomly buys something without doing his own research, thats on him.
I bet you wouldnt be saying that if the price of the token sky rocketed and Joe Bloggs had suddenly made money right?

If someones gives out their keys, thats their own stupid fault. Its like giving a guy your debit card and the PIN.

If they sent to the wrong address, again its their own fault. Your bank dont refund you if you send a bank transfer to the wrong place.

Because no one has given a valid reason why crypto payments are bad for Mir.
Regardless if you pay in crypto or FIAT, its the same thing. Just 1 can be abused (fiat) and 1 cannot (crypto).
Crypto is superior in that way.

Every repsonse you've given you've competely dodged my remarks just proving you aint got a clue or won't admit your wrong.

so perhaps just answer the 1 thing I said above... TESLA Accepted Bitcoin - does that make them a scam?
Does the value of the crypto for OldSkool fluctuate? If I buy £20 today, will I get the same value in your GS next week, could it be worth more or less or does it hold the exact same value? I don't have much knowledge on it, and certainly not in terms of integration with mir obviously.

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
Does the value of the crypto for OldSkool fluctuate? If I buy £20 today, will I get the same value in your GS next week, could it be worth more or less or does it hold the exact same value? I don't have much knowledge on it, and certainly not in terms of integration with mir obviously.

It would go up or down depending on the market within the crypto world. Completely out of your control or Gms

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
From my veeery limited understanding, it would be a case of if you want to buy GG, do it there n then if you don't want any risk?

If you want 10 quid of GG, buy 10 quid of crypto then buy the GG, if you sit on it, you're taking the risk of losing/gaining money like any investment in crypto.

Status
Not open for further replies.