smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
I've openly told everyone running costs and how I intended on retaining funds for long-term hosting and external development costs (LCD etc).

If we was in it for the money, we would be running on around 1p per hour for the time we've put into the server. Mir2 is a hobby for us, not a business. If I wanted to do this for a business, I would just get a better job.. :ROFLMAO: However if people wish to do this as a source of income, they are stupid or desperate.

Also good to see you have no clue about our server, thinking the 25% VIP EXP bonus is so essential given how a Newbie obtains 250% catch-up upon starting the server and we have LEVEL CAPS to prevent access gaps between players.

But you are free to your opinion, no matter how stupid it makes you appear. I will let my players make the decision if we are P2W (y)as it's them, who support the server and have the true opinion. Your players have already given you some great feedback on your systems and 'Business' plan.

Our 'Business' stemmed from a group of friends wanting a corrupt free server, so we burned hundreds of hours into something that we all enjoy.

Good luck with your Business.
so tell me what do you do with the excess cash you make? And before you say it gets reinvested etc, i said EXCESS. If you tell me you've never received a single penny from the server and made zero profit maybe I'll change my mind (or just think your lieing)

I have nothing against server owners making money, think I've made that pretty clear.
For me its the way you try act like your some stand out good guy that doesn't want peoples cash - if that was the case you'd have no shop/sub/whatever and pay it out of the goodness of your own heart and pocket.

Just stop trying to be so high and mighty its lame

Last edited:

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
One final thing on crypto, if you buy it there n then and straight away flip it to gg, isn't it only Bon taking the risks accepting crypto with the fluctuations of value?

Yes :D

As long as you buy what you want/need and transfer as is, you will see no value loss at all and know exactly what you are getting.

The only difference is the crypto is the "Mir Gold" and the uneducated fools can't understand that. The problem comes if you buy 10,000 and have it sit in your account for 6 months, the value COULD dip...but just don't do that lol.

The other side of it I guess, is if the MATIC value increases, and Bon changes the values essentially giving more for your money...then i'm sure some people will complain and say they deserve that extra 10 game gold lol

StormHero

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 19, 2015
Hey everyone, creating this thread on the back of a discussion held on a server discord channel last night.

Essentially, the discussion point was about what needs to be done moving into 2023 to preserve the game we all love to keep it alive for many years to come. What changes can be made as a community, through LOMCN, and what do you feel is damaging to the game?

Share your thoughts below!
You have 8 pages of replies, I hope you found your answer xD

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
You have 8 pages of replies, I hope you found your answer xD
8 pages of Bon clutching at straws trying to justify his crypto acting like he's single handily propelling Mir2 into "the future of gaming" 😂 hurls insults at anyone who has concerns and gets defensive when questioned about it

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
Think at this point stable coins and extra options just confuses a community that’s still very new and uneducated to crypto. I mean you’ve read some of the posts on here by people with such false and ridiculous claims.

Stable coins get complicated because if you have USDT, you could have it on multiple networks like etherum polygon solana avalanche etc, and depending on the network you need that coin also for fees.

So someone might transfer 1000 USDT to their wallet on ETH network and it’s stuck because they won’t be able to transfer as they’ll have no ETH for gas fees. Obviously it ain’t stuck as you can then convert USDT, but ETH and you’re done. But becomes complicated.

That’s why we wanted a token on its own network with low fees and MATIC was a good fit for us. Eth fees are just too high altho would have preferred that
I think DAI is a stable coin on MATIC network - otherwise yeah fair a lot of skeptics here so limiting barriers to use is a fair shout

eternalpain

Banned
Banned
Apr 5, 2014
What frustrates me the most, is people complaining about owners making money from their servers.

What people do with their money is their own business

Lose

Banned
Banned
Aug 13, 2020
so tell me what do you do with the excess cash you make? And before you say it gets reinvested etc, i said EXCESS. If you tell me you've never received a single penny from the server and made zero profit maybe I'll change my mind (or just think your lieing)

I have nothing against server owners making money, think I've made that pretty clear.
For me its the way you try act like your some stand out good guy that doesn't want peoples cash - if that was the case you'd have no shop/sub/whatever and pay it out of the goodness of your own heart and pocket.

Just stop trying to be so high and mighty its lame
Sorry Mr Ambassador..

I'll copy paste my first sentence again, that answers your question.

"I've openly told everyone running costs and how I intended on retaining funds for long-term hosting and external development costs (LCD etc)."

Reactions: Valhalla

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Sorry Mr Ambassador..

"I've openly told everyone running costs and how I intended on retaining funds for long-term hosting and external development costs (LCD etc)."
think he wants ur bank statements mate

StormHero

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 19, 2015
Far from it to be honest, but it's been an interesting read so far!
Discord has its pro's n con's but if you remove that, others just speak in other channels anyways so it doesn't achieve anything not using it, but I feel trying to make people use a forums (most probs cba anymore as discord is much quicker) but forums allows people to actually read and put in proper input instead of spamming what they think and drawing in an argument over it instantly.
I know forums has running costs, but maybe some sort of reward for servers who divert x amount of traffic here, even if its just a free banner for a week, it may persuade some GMs to divert users here. Regarding this, id like to see a package which offers a couple of email shoot out (pre live), banners for x amount of months (i know this can be purchased seperate, but a offer to advertise a server pre launch bundle could be good).

Would like to see a limit on how many servers 1 GM can advertise within a certain time frame, 3 servers in 6 months shouldn't be allowed.

Would like to see the UC table on here go off IP connections, but all servers would have to agree to that, dnt see a issue why someone wouldn't agree to it tho, as people do follow servers based on the UC nowadays.

Other than that, i would like to just see the GMs who are still making servers, continue changing them up, win with HD mobs, sanj/hank with more HD, ben with his crypto/nft, jamie with his codex. All these are different features, some may work, some may not, but without testing, who knows? Also shows that these GM's do actually spend time in making their server, instead of a pop up server thats basically done within a couple of days just changing stats/images and stuff.

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
I think potentially if the Euro Reborn project is a success and we have files that look better than original Mir2 then there is potential for bringing in new players.

Mir plays in a fairly unique way, one I've not managed to recapture in other games. The graphics are complete ****, I was in denial about that for a long time but coming back to mir after a few years I really struggled for the first few hours just getting used to the jittery & binary movement.

I've tried to get friends into Mir, complete hardcore gamers but they write it off immediately where the nostalgia pulls me in long enough for the thrill of pvp, boss hunts etc then keep me for a while.

Omnibus

Banned
Banned
Dec 9, 2021
I think potentially if the Euro Reborn project is a success and we have files that look better than original Mir2 then there is potential for bringing in new players.

Mir plays in a fairly unique way, one I've not managed to recapture in other games. The graphics are complete ****, I was in denial about that for a long time but coming back to mir after a few years I really struggled for the first few hours just getting used to the jittery & binary movement.

I've tried to get friends into Mir, complete hardcore gamers but they write it off immediately where the nostalgia pulls me in long enough for the thrill of pvp, boss hunts etc then keep me for a while.
Please keep posting about Euro Reborn.

It should be the spiritual successor after Euro and USA Mir both went.

Very passionate to try Reborn.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Sorry Mr Ambassador..

Ok openly tell everyone your running costs and monthly income, if its not about the money I'm sure you'll be happy to share that right?
Openly show everyone how you spend their money on development costs "etc".

Your just so full of **** its hilarious making out like not a single penny goes into your bank account and you don't do it for the money :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Fact is, you and other server owners are attacking me because you don't want to lose that income. Kinda sad considering I've not attacked any of you.
And just to confirm I don't care if u do or dont make money, or if its £1k or £20k a month (I'd estimate its around £5k-10k pcm), I think thats probably pretty reasonable for the time, effort and **** you have to put up with... for me its the attitude you have.

I think DAI is a stable coin on MATIC network - otherwise yeah fair a lot of skeptics here so limiting barriers to use is a fair shout
I did look at DAI but same problem, if u use ETH or MATIC network users will have to hold ETH or MATIC to be able to send it, and i think most of the community is already going to be confused enough and I think its a step too far right now lol.
I can handle the fluctuation in MATIC, its not that big a deal.
What most people dont understand is everything fluctuates.. like GBP has dropped massive in this year from highs of 1.4 down to 1.08.. and those same ppl will say i dont care i dont need or use USD, but fact is USD is the global currency of the world and its what everything is priced in.
If your currency (GBP) has dropped, then everything in price goes up and thats why bread, petrol, etc etc is all more expensive now.

So ye Crypto might go up and down, but news flash, so does your British pound.
£10k back in January was worth $14k, then in Sept it was worth under $11k, and now its worth $12k... oh but only crypto goes up and down right

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: zedina

Lose

Banned
Banned
Aug 13, 2020
Ok openly tell everyone your running costs and monthly income, if its not about the money I'm sure you'll be happy to share that right?
Openly show everyone how you spend their money on development costs "etc".

Your just so full of **** its hilarious making out like not a single penny goes into your bank account and you don't do it for the money :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Fact is, you and other server owners are attacking me because you don't want to lose that income. Kinda sad considering I've not attacked any of you.
And just to confirm I don't care if u do or dont make money, or if its £1k or £20k a month (I'd estimate its around £5k-10k pcm), I think thats probably pretty reasonable for the time, effort and **** you have to put up with... for me its the attitude you have.
😂 you think we have 500-1000 subscribers a month... fairyland.

Most people have no reason to buy VIP as they are pretty much at cap, with nothing else to gain from it.. which is fine and I'm happy for people to not pay for VIP, as we have a reasonable amount of future funds.

Are you requesting a full statement of accounts? Getting a bit desperate.. unless your interested in switching to a subscription system?

You think I'm gonna waste my time showing you all my taobao payments, payments to LCD, lomcn adverts, Facebook ads, server costs, web hosting, FTP hosting and remaining future funds... to YOU?

We haven't even made 10k in our servers entire life span 😂 and I have nothing to prove to you.

Lose

Banned
Banned
Aug 13, 2020
If I wanted money, I would just do some overtime at work and generate 10x more.

Your only a bum if you do this as a business.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

😂 you think we have 500-1000 subscribers a month... fairyland.

Most people have no reason to buy VIP as they are pretty much at cap, with nothing else to gain from it.. which is fine and I'm happy for people to not pay for VIP, as we have a reasonable amount of future funds.

Are you requesting a full statement of accounts? Getting a bit desperate.. unless your interested in switching to a subscription system?

You think I'm gonna waste my time showing you all my taobao payments, payments to LCD, lomcn adverts, Facebook ads, server costs, web hosting, FTP hosting and remaining future funds... to YOU?

We haven't even made 10k in our servers entire life span 😂 and I have nothing to prove to you.
Bit defensive ain't we?
Once again you miss the point, its obvious you don't have 500-1000 subscribers a month but nice to get a reaction from you.
If VIP is pointless, why have it? Thought you did it out of the goodness of your heart. Its a hobby right? You have a job right? Why don't you cover all costs yourself like you would any other hobby.

I don't want a full statement of your accounts (as I said, I dont care), its just fun to attack you back because you seem to want to attack me for no good reason.

Made less than £10k? Thought you didn't want to disclose earnings :ROFLMAO:
Lomcn adverts cost £5, clutching at straws to list that.
Facebook ads highly doubt you've spent much.
FTP is £5 a month
Dedis are less than £100 a month.
I know nothing about your server but seems basic from advert so poor LCD probably hasn't made much.

Guess the rest is in your bank account, guess you are making money from the server :rolleyes: Seems your no different to the rest of us :sneaky: only difference is I don't hide it.

oh how little you actually know about me...
There you go again making out like you don't do it for money... classic

Omnibus

Banned
Banned
Dec 9, 2021

If your job involves an out-of-hours rota and you are on it, then you generate a bit more, even if you get no call outs.

I miss doing that.

I would get a better paying job if I could lol.

Lose

Banned
Banned
Aug 13, 2020
Bit defensive ain't we?
Once again you miss the point, its obvious you don't have 500-1000 subscribers a month but nice to get a reaction from you.
If VIP is pointless, why have it? Thought you did it out of the goodness of your heart. Its a hobby right? You have a job right? Why don't you cover all costs yourself like you would any other hobby.

I don't want a full statement of your accounts (as I said, I dont care), its just fun to attack you back because you seem to want to attack me for no good reason.

Made less than £10k? Thought you didn't want to disclose earnings :ROFLMAO:
Lomcn adverts cost £5, clutching at straws to list that.
Facebook ads highly doubt you've spent much.
FTP is £5 a month
Dedis are less than £100 a month.
I know nothing about your server but seems basic from advert so poor LCD probably hasn't made much.

Guess the rest is in your bank account, guess you are making money from the server :rolleyes: Seems your no different to the rest of us :sneaky: only difference is I don't hide it.

oh how little you actually know about me...
There you go again making out like you don't do it for money... classic
Nice to see you posting idiotic stuff that you have no clue about. 👏

"Why don't you cover all costs yourself like you would any other hobby." - Genius..

Why can't we all be as smart as the Bon Bon.

"I know nothing about your server" - Bon.

1672733796596.png

• Haha
Reactions: zedina
Status
Not open for further replies.