LOTR: Online

Join Discord

Sean

Developer
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
May 13, 2003
Inkeeping with my beta posts, here's some screenies from my brief time in LOTR: Online.
Basically the noobs opened it up to a closed "stress test" they got much more than they bargained for, their servers are rammed to hell, lucky if you get on.

Graphically there's not much to say, and gameplay wise.. i've just been running to mobs only for them to be killed by another, ranged, player (the swines!).

http://www.netwerx.co.uk/lotr/

Shard

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 12, 2003
Graphically it looks quite nice ;o

Blasteron :O He was on umm...oh oh oh, a Mir3 server, maybe Fantasy or Shadow ;o One of the first.

Miles

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 27, 2003
Pretty nice graphics seany =), and Blasteron was from Shadow server, along with places like MSRF etc - he's a nice guy.

/Miles

Link267

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 7, 2006
lotr online - meaning lord of the rings online i suppose. so erm,,, is it free?

Joopers*

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 10, 2006
Behind you
Graphics look awesome, but i don't understand how the LOTR storyline is right for an MMORPG, unless the story has nothing really to do with it

Dark12345

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 4, 2004
Portsmouth
i dont think it has , i read it somewhere , it was either it was or not i cant remember but i defo read about it lol.

And im guessing quests have some of the story stuff in it , like kill orcs in mordor or somthing and like super boss is like sauron , i dunno... just a guess

Sean

Developer
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
May 13, 2003
*apologies for being an LOTR noob*

One of the very first quests you do is to avoid one of those dudes on horses that are after the ring.. ring wraiths? - i can't remember :eek:

There's no PvP.. which is a let down, but that's something the story definetly didn't allow for. Hobbit vs Elves, who wins? you decide.

shorty606

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 10, 2005
You watch big brother too much. The swines? who wins you decide?
hehehe Ok Mr Brand.

ipixel

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 11, 2005
Northern Ireland
LOTR makes a pretty good base for an MMORPG, lots of lore, tons of characters, gives the developers infinite quest lines, dungeon ideas etc etc.

Sadly if there wont be any pvp it won't go far, but thats my personal opinion.

Most people just wont get by on grouping, pvp action is what makes online gaming alot of fun.

Atomicide

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 4, 2003
PvP should be a ****ing peice of cake, considering there are massive wars in the actual thing, Orcs/Goblins vs Evles/Hobbits **** like that.

Sean

Developer
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
May 13, 2003
PvP should be a ****ing peice of cake, considering there are massive wars in the actual thing, Orcs/Goblins vs Evles/Hobbits **** like that.

The point of it was those races got on, it was like middle-earth vs the bad guy kinda thing.
They'd have to rewrite the LOTR world to get PvP in :(
Oh and you can't play a goblin!

Human, Elf, Dwarf and Hobbit.

Atomicide

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 4, 2003
The point of it was those races got on, it was like middle-earth vs the bad guy kinda thing.
They'd have to rewrite the LOTR world to get PvP in :(
Oh and you can't play a goblin!

Human, Elf, Dwarf and Hobbit.

Atually in LOTR middle earthw as being attacked by the orcs, who were being armed/equipped by golblins.

Sean

Developer
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
May 13, 2003
Atually in LOTR middle earthw as being attacked by the orcs, who were being armed/equipped by golblins.

Hence, "bad guys" :tongue1:
Problem is you can't play those races :(

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
Inkeeping with my beta posts, here's some screenies from my brief time in LOTR: Online.
Basically the noobs opened it up to a closed "stress test" they got much more than they bargained for, their servers are rammed to hell, lucky if you get on.

Graphically there's not much to say, and gameplay wise.. i've just been running to mobs only for them to be killed by another, ranged, player (the swines!).

http://www.netwerx.co.uk/lotr/

why has this guy still got mod powers ? he been inactive for over a year :S ?