Magic DB help

XonGeaR

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 20, 2004
Any one got a good solution to my big time problem about why "some" skillz auto removes after log out then login ?

i followed Demonics help but it didnt help.
i even re-added ALL db's into sql but got same problem's. i also tested to remake whole server and still got the problems with the magic.

>im using the LS job files.<

if you have an DB that wont auto -remove and want to share it then i will be glad or if you have a nice solution for my problem.

//Sundh a.k.a XonGeaR

Last edited:

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
Now thinking Back to my Problem, it was due to the server name I'm sure. When I had it set as LiquidSilver - although it worked in game etc, i got errors on the various gates and this was also the time I had disappearing magic. I shorted my Server name to LS and problem went away.

Upvote 0

XonGeaR

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 20, 2004
well my server is only named with 4 chars. maby i should reduse to just 2 chars insted?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
In any of the these cases, it hard to pin donw 100% what the problem is, what you need to look for is any errors on the db srv and first program you run, as this gives a clue as to what is wrong.

When I had the problem - I used to have the server named LiquidSilver, then as I was getting errors on the gates (SQl Type errors) - i changed the name on the database - it was about this time the wierd bug came in that basically made me loose one or more of my magics at very random times.

Something like this was uber hard to pin down and figure out - in the end i got a original chinese db (one supplied with first ever job files) and restored that - then my problem went away.

I very much doubt a single person on here will be able to tell you a quick answer why it is happening to be honest, myself you see, i run a sql anylsier on the database and see what is happening but I feel this is out of your League. A lot of people downloaded LS files and you are the only one so far to say you have this problem, so the files themself are fine as are the databases I supplied. I would go over everything again and even start from scratch until you solve the problem tbh...but thats just me !!

Upvote 0

Kaori

LOMCN MiR3 Queen!
VIP
Jun 3, 2004
Canada
is it just missing skills? how about items and exp?

how many skills did you have? does it happen when you only have 1 and it goes to nothing?

how does your skill db look like. empty? or something is there?

Upvote 0

dazman

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 11, 2004
aldershot
i'm not getting a error with my magic just with sabuk wall times they disapper when i reboot the server. and i do get an error in my datebase but i just not look at it

Upvote 0

XonGeaR

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 20, 2004
well its like this . first i installed whole server etc using default setting with changed ip's etc so the server ranned on local mode. then i changed to network mode. then i changed name on server and added 1 gm wep. then when my brother went to map named z010 where a npc is placed where you as gm can get all skill books. so he learned almoste all books from each class. then he relogged and saw that some of the skills was auto -removed. can it be that u as "gm" cant have all skillz ? can that be the problem who causing this error ? . i checked the logs etc in db server and didnt find any error at all. All db's seems to run fine. i also tried readd all db's again. so i think i will start srv over again and check whats happening if i only use all skills for only 1 class and not all like my brother did when he tested the server.

Upvote 0

XonGeaR

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 20, 2004
ok i starting to test Char's . I tested to Make one char who only used tao skills (healing and 1 more lost when i had the bug). Now it works when i only used all skills for one class, gona test to make 2 more chars who is warrior and wizard. maby that works fine to. Maby the magic gets bugged during when 1 char has all skills from all 3 classes. gona try it later need some rest now.

Upvote 0

XonGeaR

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 20, 2004
ok i didnt got time to rest i needed to see if it workt and it did.
I made 3 chars.
Warrior
taoist
wizard
Used all skills for each class. And that worked. So the problem must be that when i use skills from each class something gets wrong or so cant realy say why. but it seems ok if i dont use skills from each class at same char.

Upvote 0

Kaori

LOMCN MiR3 Queen!
VIP
Jun 3, 2004
Canada
oh... the db does have limit number of magics... not sure how many... ei has 19. not sure about job.

query your db and check how many you have.

Upvote 0

Babyhack

Devilsoul Owner
VIP
Feb 4, 2004
Dublin, Ireland
is this not the same as mir2 where a char (even GM) can only hold a certeen amount of skills

eg you can log in and learn them all then when you relog you find that you only have 20 spells saved on your char

its a simply case of there being a limit to the amount of skills a char can hold

on mir2 afaik a wizzard can hold 20 spells and a warr/taos can only hold 15

BH

Upvote 0

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
We are probably confusing problems here to be honest, my problem was even as a char, i lost random skills, even when i had just a couple, this was server name + db problem, resolved be restoring GAME1 (as thats where it stores the skills).

I have never tried all the skills at once as tbh a GM does not really need the Noob ones anyhow such as fireball etc. Knowinng Wemade they probably programmed in a limit but a very quick way to check this is simple, why go to the trouble of getting books? Edit the game1/magic database, and get type in char name, MAG ID level 3. This way Im sure you can have all the skills from every class without it disapearing like.

Upvote 0