Mining (an idea)

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
That's precisely the point.
For it to have any real value there needs to not only be an opportunity cost but also limiting factors on supply.
As is stands now, that limit is simply the number of clients you can be bothered to log in AFK 24/7.

That then passes over to the value of refines/crafting, etc.
So make Ore bound to a characters/account :)

Lilcooldoode

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 10, 2003
Yes
What if you added a junk item to mining? Say "Stone" and you bag fills up with them quite quickly. Would mean you could only semi-afk mine as you'd have to empty out the junk every 5 minutes
Post automatically merged:

Or if you're stood in the same spot for X minutes send a horde of zombies your way

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
What if you added a junk item to mining? Say "Stone" and you bag fills up with them quite quickly. Would mean you could only semi-afk mine as you'd have to empty out the junk every 5 minutes

Or if you're stood in the same spot for X minutes send a horde of zombies your way
Yeah good idea.

Also the problem with Tao's mining with pets - Surely it's easy enough to code that if pick ace is equipped pets do not attack?

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
All the ideas on here are brilliant to better define Mining rather than just a multi client afk bot target.

For me it would be a combo to make it an actual interesting system (also requires crafting/refining to make it actually worth doing):
Mined Ores are Player / Account Bound
Mining can do a similar thing to Fishing and trigger a random event *cave in* (potentially you fall down a hole into an empty ghoul cave and need to speak to an npc to get out)
Have Living Stone which you can kill with a pickaxe for trade-able ores (as you can't afk kill them)
Give all ores a low sell value, making mining and gathering ore solely about refinement and crafting.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa

This is what Valkyrie done, it worked pretty well could of done with some adjustments but you'd just mine " rock " with no material value and like 100Gold per piece non-stackable. I quite liked this system, especially if you coded it so more Rock would be mined if you've mined X amount of good ore.

Swoosh

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jan 24, 2017
London
Not played any of the latest servers since Valk but usually refining is superfluous now, its all for gems for items as weps jump up massively in stats to make refining redundant.

Also you shouldn't bound it to characters as some of us do legitimately use mining as a way of making gold still :cool: