Mir 5 Trailer

Join Discord

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
With UE 5 being released last week it was only a matter of time.

“Wemade's new game, "Mir 5", is a high-quality open world PC MMORPG based on The Legend of Mir 2 IP,”

Reactions: Pusha

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
1711555569243.png

I think at this point in time its safe to say this probably won't be like Legend of mir 2/3 and they're just using the name Mir for a new game.

Been playing it for a few days now
1711555674894.png
not in-game mind.. just watching the video. same thing though.

Pusha

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2017
England
It does say it's based on the Legend Of Mir 2 IP?

Would be nice but still doesn't change how ****ed up the P2W will be.

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
It does say it's based on the Legend Of Mir 2 IP?

Would be nice but still doesn't change how ****ed up the P2W will be.

What IP though? Town/city names. story line? Could be any part of the Mir2 game.. do not forget WeMADE & Shanda up until 2023 were still in court over Mir2, so it could be something linked to that.

It already says it'll be using wemix...

• Haha
Reactions: Martyn

Pusha

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2017
England
What IP though? Town/city names. story line? Could be any part of the Mir2 game.. do not forget WeMADE & Shanda up until 2023 were still in court over Mir2, so it could be something linked to that.

It already says it'll be using wemix...
Yeah very true, and the WeMix **** goes right over my head lol.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
That mir5 trailer doesn't show anything about the game itself, it might as well be a spruced up trailer for mir2 it it wasn't for the digit 5

I never got why pple get excited by game trailers since besides the game story line it never shows anything what the game will be like. And irony is that once you get to play the game, the storyline is irrelevant for the gameplay.

And that Y mir has nothing to do with mir2 or 3 except that they call it that and some items and their names might be those from mir.

marloner3224

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Oct 10, 2018
I think this is mobile again it's a backup if the Nightcrows game will be dead like they do on mir4 after juicing the players

Belle

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 25, 2019
if it’s anything like mir4 it will be successful, unpopular opinion to many here but mir4 is a very good game people can’t get their head around auto combat…..

Wemix is just their crypto coin like bitcoin for example but different price Ofc, and can be used to buy nft characters and ingame goods.

NightCrows it’s absolutely terrible but that didn’t stop wemade makin $10m 3 days after launch.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
That mir5 trailer doesn't show anything about the game itself, it might as well be a spruced up trailer for mir2 it it wasn't for the digit 5

I never got why pple get excited by game trailers since besides the game story line it never shows anything what the game will be like. And irony is that once you get to play the game, the storyline is irrelevant for the gameplay.

And that Y mir has nothing to do with mir2 or 3 except that they call it that and some items and their names might be those from mir.

nxwile

LOMCN Rookie
Dec 29, 2023
maybe they can be disgraced again by making a stupid nonsense game like night crows, I think they are now more fond of the p2w aspect than the playability aspect :D

Reactions: Jev

ventus

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 17, 2013
Hopefully no auto stuffs, then maybe it will be good. (Big maybe)

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
That's because when the game is 3d with movie like graphic qualities, it becomes almost like a movie and can be incorporated into a game movie trailer.
I think some old mir trailers also had snippets of actual game play incorporated in them, so you can always argue. Point is, I have never played a game or watched a movie because its trailer presentation made it look tempting to try.

Mind you, 3d game is not really a mir game anymore. Mir game is defined by isometric game view and for example, mir3d Eternal barely qualifies (not because you can tilt game view to FPView but because mobs are 3d models which has consequences on gameplay). After working on mir3d Eternal game for some time, whenever I return to mir2, it is like coming home from foreign lands.

Fully 3d games cater to a whole different game players, never mind that some pple play both 2d and 3d. Very basic difference is that in mir game the map orientation is fixed while in all 3d games the map rotates.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
That's because when the game is 3d with movie like graphic qualities, it becomes almost like a movie and can be incorporated into a game movie trailer.
I think some old mir trailers also had snippets of actual game play incorporated in them, so you can always argue. Point is, I have never played a game or watched a movie because its trailer presentation made it look tempting to try.

Mir trailers never had any gameplay and they are exactly what attracted me to the game way back when :)