Mir Atlantis Closing

hershire

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 5, 2004
Heyas all first off i would like to thank everyone for the year in which theyve played my server its really been fun for the most part, unfortunately i cannot afford to bankroll the server into the new year as of right now it is costing me over $500 monthly to have it online and the donations i do get mayyybe on average equal $20 a month.
So it saddens me that i must tell you the server will be coming offline in february when our contract expires with the hosting company. There really is no good time to make an announcement like this but i thought that it may be a “good” time for you to find new servers during christmas events.
Perhaps if someone knows of a good stable server you can feel free to post links on the facebook group so you lot can all still play together.
This has nothing to do with you guys youve been great to me, financially however it was my own mistake for trying to get too big too fast which in turn inflated my overhead costs through the roof
icon_sad.gif

All your information and passwords will be cleared from my files upon termination of service form the host so you dont have to worry about your information such as passwords and email addresses.

hershire

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 5, 2004
main server 200 , test server 119 , coder 200 , website and fileserver 20 each thats dollars not pounds

Ilsta

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 20, 2012
Stop paying the coder, stop the test server that would cut costs alot.

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
hahaha such bull ****. 200 for a dedi, what did u do google "dedi servers" and pick the first random link ??? and a test dedi again stop being stupid and set it up on ur own pc

why are u even playing a coder. stop being lazy and learn ur self ??

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003

Why do you buy clothes from a store? stop being lazy and manufacturer your own jumpers.

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
Why do you buy clothes from a store? stop being lazy and manufacturer your own jumpers.

This made me lol :P

On topic, $500 for all that is too much, I'm sure you could find cheaper.

Scorpian

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 8, 2003
Manchester
hahaha such bull ****. 200 for a dedi, what did u do google "dedi servers" and pick the first random link ??? and a test dedi again stop being stupid and set it up on ur own pc

Thats two posts I have seen from you and in both you have called server owners lazy.

So, tell me about your awesome self and please don't be modest and miss out any exciting details :)

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
again with jumped up nobs on here trying to be funny.....

My point was clear. Maybe he doesn't want to learn to code because he doesn't want to. Just like executive game producers hire coders, because they don't have the time, skill, or desire to want to code as well as do everything else they do.

so when you come to buy your next jumper, take a minute to think, do i have the time to learn the skills to knit my own jumper.

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
What are the specs of your servers ?
RAM, cores etc.
Your prices seem extremely high for a server to run Mir 2, in any of its guises.
You have plenty of time between now and Feb to negotiate with your current suppliers or preferably find another with far cheaper otpions.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
im guessin ur server didnt have over 40 usercount, so u didnt need a £200 dedi.. u could run it on a £50-100 dedi EASILY lag free.

200 for a coder? jesus, did he even do ne thing good on the files?

120 for test dedi? u shoulda just used that as ur main dedi, and tested on ur own pc!!!

jesus, 500 a month, ur insane

Scorpian

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 8, 2003
Manchester
http://www.gamingdeluxe.co.uk/dedicated-servers/Intel-Duo-E6600

That will run a 30-40 usercount absolutly fine, what i used for Ayndril 2.3.

So just cut your costs down by £460.

If your usercount doesnt support a coder, dont have one.

And **** knows why u'd pay £120 for a test dedi? Seriously...... were the **** are you getting your prices from, i think there's some Captain Bullshit going on here.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=w...sugexp=chrome,mod=11&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

:D

Reactions: Tom27

Foopah

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 7, 2011
Livingston
im guessin ur server didnt have over 40 usercount, so u didnt need a £200 dedi.. u could run it on a £50-100 dedi EASILY lag free.

200 for a coder? jesus, did he even do ne thing good on the files?

120 for test dedi? u shoulda just used that as ur main dedi, and tested on ur own pc!!!

jesus, 500 a month, ur insane

Well, he has an offer to set up server on a tower on a 100mb line that has run servers on before lag free so that should remove 99% of his running costs.

As per the coder... I'll be damned if he did anything to warrant getting a month salary... Pay the coder per job not per month.

If it were me, I would take the tower option, cancel both servers, fire that god damn scriptwriter I mean coder and just take your time working on the server.

That's just my opinion on the matter but letting a good server die off is always a shame.