[Other] Mir iii - discussion

Josiko

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Apr 4, 2010
Spain
Hello everyone !

Since some time ago, in this forum the people never try post for help anothers.
Are always the same that support, and anothers oppen servers and not try to help or post anything ...

I think this should be changed or delete section mir 3, becouse LOMCN.ORG give support and advertising, but I remember that this is a forum FAQ (HELP).

I really like to have a couple of new servers and users, but many who have managed to add web statistics systems (guildmatchpoints, fps ... etz ...), anticheats and other interesting things, have never posted to help others.

This is my opinion but I would like to know yours, thanks.

P.S: I want to exclude from this people as: Relentless, Dan, Azura, DJDarkBoy, Kaori, Demonic ..

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
Hello everyone !

Since some time ago, in this forum the people never try post for help anothers.
Are always the same that support, and anothers oppen servers and not try to help or post anything ...

I think this should be changed or delete section mir 3, becouse LOMCN.ORG give support and advertising, but I remember that this is a forum FAQ (HELP).

I really like to have a couple of new servers and users, but many who have managed to add web statistics systems (guildmatchpoints, fps ... etz ...), anticheats and other interesting things, have never posted to help others.

This is my opinion but I would like to know yours, thanks.
What a pointless post... I notice your rep is at a 1 bar...

P.S: I want to exclude from this people as: Relentless, Dan, Azura, DJDarkBoy, Kaori, Demonic ..

Well done you 6 guys..

Upvote 0

Josiko

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Apr 4, 2010
Spain
@Idabiga if u think this, MIR 3 is dead... can see in other sections as everyone helps and post a scripts and new things.

Upvote 0

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
You really have no idea, have you actually seen how much has been posted in these sections? We have no source code, and nobody in the Mir 3 world with the time and/or ability to write it.

Lots of people have helped numerous times with as much as we can in Mir 3 section.

Chimera, LightningStar, Coly, Gwayne and myself to name a very very few, and there are numerous others!

Scripts, Maps, Monsters, support programs, I even gave away a complete server setup with no work needed to put it online! All given away freely, help always given if people know the answers to the questions.

Mir 3 is dead you say, I tend to agree, but posting about it will not make everyone suddenly go "dam, I didn't realise, i better start helping out more!"

Like I say... pointless post, and me answering is even more pointless but negative people like you just annoy me!

Upvote 0

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
ida is right.

There is no mir3 development community anymore. I think everything that can be done with the files we have has been done, therefore it is stagnant

Upvote 0

Josiko

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Apr 4, 2010
Spain
You really have no idea, have you actually seen how much has been posted in these sections? We have no source code, and nobody in the Mir 3 world with the time and/or ability to write it.

Lots of people have helped numerous times with as much as we can in Mir 3 section.

Chimera, LightningStar, Coly, Gwayne and myself to name a very very few, and there are numerous others!

I dont post all names becouse i dont remember... obiusly i know chimera had in signature a forum thread, coly create a very good mapeditor and others, lightningstar same.
But i post it, becouse i write various post and never people reply, and never help... and you can see people post all time...
I want help the comunity and i wanted create a great guide but i cant put on my server.... all time had a problem with my pc and i cant open server :S . I post and anybody reply.

Upvote 0

Tovigo

LOMCN n00bie
Dec 9, 2014
I think you have been a little bit too harsh judging Josiko's post. He didn't mean to upset or disrespect anyone. From what i can see he's just little desperate fighting against all odds that stand on his way to set up his Mi3 and feels alone in the crowd. I know his feelings as I do experience same problems trying to build one and hitting pretty much the same walls as Josiko.

M3 certainly looks dying breed, new servers don't happen often and usually don't last long. But there is always a little chance that someone (it might be Josiko, you never know) will build a successful one and it will remain for long on LOMCN server list.

Problems such as lack of source code or non-existing developers community are not self-evident to fresh members and maybe putting sticky with all what idaBigA and Tai said above (not the patronizing bit, lol) would help people understand why some questions never get answered.

kind regards
Tovigo

Last edited:
Upvote 0

spartekas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 21, 2009
USA
There is 1 source being made, Its not in Mir3, but its mir3. Its an actual project. Projjects arernt in mir3 section, If you dont know this you wont see it.. How many actually login to main forum to see a single post..

http://www.lomcn.org/forum/showthread.php?91281-Mir-3-C-Client-Source&p=1012510#post1012510

btw you Must login to see this release

This in Releases, why not Make it a Project, and add it to a sub forum; solution not Problem

TAI I and others have asked source questions, and was ignored, in more than 1 section.. Not were is the source, but how do we downlad, and whats required Period.. simple question...

Kings isnt new source.. right or wrong dont really matter.. Reputation neither. Lmao how mnay uers from 2009 are still Here, or actually login, except to see projects, and mir2 open source.. How many time someone makes a post for help, and has a reply of 0, then someone helps and gets jumped for bumping posts( bumping posts in the blasted rules applies to Bumping your own Post) now i find out why I got a error

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Have you actually taken the time to read that thread? Or have you just seen "mir3 source" and jumped to make a post that there should be a section.
Its a map viewer, apparently labelled wrong. Not sure how that warrents it own section.

Simple fact is this section is dead, so if you want to get a server running you're gonna have to stop complaining you're not getting any replys to your help and actually do some work yourself and read the 10 years of help material already here.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

spartekas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 21, 2009
USA
Dd you actually download it??? or jump to a assume... So map viewers are CS files.. You bet I will... Yes I read all the way back to 2003..

I am not on here to brown nose.. And not looking for Acceptance from anyone.. If you get a point pm me. I am man/ big enuf to say I am wrong, doubt that applies to many

server online not advertising with this BS all the time.. And sub forums I voted for mir3, Popularity is for Highschoolers

FAR read it agan-- not glance.. d/l the file It is ok to be wrong shows Humility

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
i didn't look at it before no, but as i don't like being proven wrong - i just did.

It looks like someone started a week old source, that doesn't actually do anything yet. It has the map reading code, but whether or not you could even get in game to view a map is debatable. Nothing else is there. I wouldn't call this a project worth its section, it would take a year for someone to build this source up to a worth while point - and that's if the project is even active.

completely useless if you ask me. You might as well just use the Mir2 C# source and convert it to Mir3.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DjDarkBoyZ

Dev
Golden Oldie
Aug 11, 2006
127.Ø.Ø.1
mir 3 is not dead. im coding the holley emu to prevent ppl to make all the scripts and files again...

and for the source of c# its a basic start, for someone like to see and learn how mir works its good basic start i think.

Upvote 0

StuJnX6ry

Banned
Banned
Loyal Member
Jul 1, 2014
mir3 is not dead but mir3 coders are scattered by diverse programming language atm

as far as i know

jamie is promoting his c sharp code to mir3

DjDarkBoyZ is building his vb emu continuing unleashed project

coly turned to his own rendering engine and disappeared after he had abandoned delphi c3 code years ago? XD

some others are remaking mir2 ei ( initial version of mir3 )

"xiao yao" who coded the ei add-in for mir300 is going to remake ei

im also doing something with ei ( server side currently ) using cpp

so gl guys

long live lomcn long live mir3 XD

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Josiko

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Apr 4, 2010
Spain
This thread said : People didn¡¡t give his advances...
DjDark, be make a project and give all info for people can test and use it.

Another no, and for this mir 3 not its better.
For me aren't a problem, i dont need a scripts game, but there are web releases and anti-cheats... for example.

But it's ok, large live mir 3 (zentaur 0-6 users, darkside +40 [Why aren't other server] ... Mir 2 public releases +90 users arcadia, chronics....

Upvote 0

DjDarkBoyZ

Dev
Golden Oldie
Aug 11, 2006
127.Ø.Ø.1
mir3 is not dead but mir3 coders are scattered by diverse programming language atm

as far as i know

jamie is promoting his c sharp code to mir3

DjDarkBoyZ is building his vb emu continuing unleashed project

coly turned to his own rendering engine and disappeared after he had abandoned delphi c3 code years ago? XD

some others are remaking mir2 ei ( initial version of mir3 )

"xiao yao" who coded the ei add-in for mir300 is going to remake ei

im also doing something with ei ( server side currently ) using cpp

so gl guys

long live lomcn long live mir3 XD
i have abandoned unleashed a long time ago because i work alone.

In a middle of projects i have maked a simple server working with original mir3 client. But its a lot of work for no news in game... and this project are abandoned.

My mir3 emu are created new and started in august 2013 using my code.

First i have decoded maps, wils and created a map viewer & wil viewer, later i created the server and game using my own code time ago.

Thats all.
;)

Upvote 0

Baldasor

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2008
Yo creo que el Mir no esta muerto, este juego siempre sera jugado por la gente que ha amado el Mir. Simplemente no hay servidores.

----------------------------------------------------------

I think Mir is not dead , this game will always be played by people who loved the Mir.

There is simply no servers

Upvote 0

DjDarkBoyZ

Dev
Golden Oldie
Aug 11, 2006
127.Ø.Ø.1
Yo creo que el Mir no esta muerto, este juego siempre sera jugado por la gente que ha amado el Mir. Simplemente no hay servidores.

----------------------------------------------------------

I think Mir is not dead , this game will always be played by people who loved the Mir.

There is simply no servers

This comment makes me sense :P
Mir plays in heart!
im translating the love of mir to game again xD

;)
-------------------------------------------------

Ese comentario me ha puesto tierno :P
El mir esta en el corazon!
Estoy traduciendo el amor por el mir y creando el juego otra vez.. xD

;)

Upvote 0

Dibby

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 12, 2015
I love mir3, its so much better than any mir2. But it is a dead section, or stagnant which has been mentioned. If i knew anything about coding, source codes or anything else - id be working on it. But having to play mir2's due to the lack of progress with mir3 is painful. How would a novice go about learning to progress Mir3 files, is it a pointless exercise with no prior experience?

Upvote 0