Mir Supreme [2.6+] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Better server files than yours by miles, better coder than yours by miles.

But just lacks the content and ideas/Mir "Knowledge". That, and this GM has a full time job... but you wouldn't know anything about that would you Ben.
woah whats with the hate :O

im sure matt could do a lot of amazing things, hes just very lazy and unmotivated, but i cant blame him when we've been doin it for like 4years now, and most the people we do it for are ungrateful twofaced idiots such as urself lol.

just glad there are some nice people out there i guess!

ne way dont reply to this and check it every 10mins expectin a reply, as u may of noticed im not very active and spend my life on mir like u ne more!

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
Indeed. I and many people asked if the "no-drop" from a boss when it died on top of a mob could be sorted. He replied: No, it's not possible. I asked Judas the same question... he fixed it within hours.

Either stupidity or laziness, both are not good qualities any way, especially for a coder.

It's quite obvious files are far beyond what Ben & Matt has achieved. A working speedcap... hat off to Judas for that one. But, fair enough, back to the actual problem with this server: boredom.

@ the bordem comment, you are playing a 12 year old game, that you and everyone here has played to death.
short of completly revamping mir, your always going to get bordem, and since most server owners are lazy, and dont even bother to create there own maps, and still us bw (which ive spent a good 3/4 of my life looking at), your obviously going to get a sense of repetition and bordem.

Mir needs compeltly redoing (content wise), not just 5 new caves "damage stones" mw/sw (which have been done to death also), fresh idea's, fresh scenery, and a more hm whats the word, indepth gameplay?. rarther than, log on, kill 10000000 mobs get 10%, go kill a boss, wait for a drop, sit in bw and pk, occasionly pk over a boring boss which does nothing with ur guild, and repeat. the only problem is, the UC never support more indepth gameplay, so untill u can get every single person on 1 server, ur not going to get what your all looking for.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton

im sure matt could do a lot of amazing things, hes just very lazy and unmotivated, but i cant blame him when we've been doin it for like 4years now, and most the people we do it for are ungrateful twofaced idiots such as urself lol.

just glad there are some nice people out there i guess!

ne way dont reply to this and check it every 10mins expectin a reply, as u may of noticed im not very active and spend my life on mir like u ne more!

I've just come across this post... so, well done. Your 10min theory is out the window. I've been to work, gone out, you know - normal life things... oh wait, sorry. You don't. My bad.

Yup, ungrateful two faced idiot who has probably spent more on your servers than anyone else (bar the gold-lined pockets of the desperate power-hungry gaming arabs you seem to find these days) oh and, probably gave more a damn about your servers than anyone else, testing things, reporting things. Gee, I'm a twat aren't I?

Look in a mirror now and then, you're describing yourself, not me. I'm sure Matt could very well do a lot of amazing things. What a shame he doesn't.

I'll go ahead and join the "Anti-Ben" group and proceed to diminish what little "Mir reputation" you once had then, ye? Flame posts at the ready, troll's a blazing... or I could, just ignore you. Which I shall now do. Enjoy tending to the many, many, many cry babies of Mir for your life spendings. I'm sure you'll find some other idiot to replace me who thinks you give a crap about them. Seems you already have (+1 Mir Friend go you)

@ the bordem comment, you are playing a 12 year old game, that you and everyone here has played to death.
short of completly revamping mir, your always going to get bordem, and since most server owners are lazy, and dont even bother to create there own maps, and still us bw (which ive spent a good 3/4 of my life looking at), your obviously going to get a sense of repetition and bordem.

Mir needs compeltly redoing (content wise), not just 5 new caves "damage stones" mw/sw (which have been done to death also), fresh idea's, fresh scenery, and a more hm whats the word, indepth gameplay?. rarther than, log on, kill 10000000 mobs get 10%, go kill a boss, wait for a drop, sit in bw and pk, occasionly pk over a boring boss which does nothing with ur guild, and repeat. the only problem is, the UC never support more indepth gameplay, so untill u can get every single person on 1 server, ur not going to get what your all looking for.

Obviously, you've hit the nail on the head. Hence I no longer play Mir Supreme as it's worn thin like all Mir servers because, eventually, you get tired of doing the same thing.

Fresh ideas are exactly what I have and can come up with for Mir, combined with making Maps could potentially be fantastic... but there's one problem. Coding. It doesn't just need freshly re-vamped content wise it needs coding. Sadly nearly every single Coder I've come across doesn't give a damn about Mir or has much of a... willingness to do anything. Brand New AI's for boss's, working adjustable speedcaps/a built in speed adjuster so everyone can be the same speed, unique spells, Maps that have attributes when you "do" a certain something, multi-attribute maps and so many many more ideas including a proper, useful, built in PK system - all can't be done without some form of coding knowledge.

As it happens, more and more different server files are popping up, open sourced for people to try new things, but Mir is mostly full of degenerate idiots such as Ben who want to make a quick buck, which ultimately ruins Mir. When you find someone with good Mir Knowledge who cares about Mir and players, who has decent knowledge of coding, all packed into one human being, then you will have your perfect Mir server. Working as a team is an alternative but, it just never seems to... work? conflict of ideas and so forth.

Give it a few years... I'm sure many brilliant servers will come out that will be fun. Until then, lets go play some CoD/WoW/Rift :) After all, who'd want to play Mir in its current state when you can play much better thought out and developed games?

Cocopops

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 18, 2011
Servers boring now EM every 4 hours about it.

/Hasuki.

(Josh you play on xbox pal? if so add VIDICMUFC1993.)

Williams

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 18, 2007
Obviously, you've hit the nail on the head. Hence I no longer play Mir Supreme as it's worn thin like all Mir servers because, eventually, you get tired of doing the same thing.

Fresh ideas are exactly what I have and can come up with for Mir, combined with making Maps could potentially be fantastic... but there's one problem. Coding. It doesn't just need freshly re-vamped content wise it needs coding. Sadly nearly every single Coder I've come across doesn't give a damn about Mir or has much of a... willingness to do anything. Brand New AI's for boss's, working adjustable speedcaps/a built in speed adjuster so everyone can be the same speed, unique spells, Maps that have attributes when you "do" a certain something, multi-attribute maps and so many many more ideas including a proper, useful, built in PK system - all can't be done without some form of coding knowledge.

As it happens, more and more different server files are popping up, open sourced for people to try new things, but Mir is mostly full of degenerate idiots such as Ben who want to make a quick buck, which ultimately ruins Mir. When you find someone with good Mir Knowledge who cares about Mir and players, who has decent knowledge of coding, all packed into one human being, then you will have your perfect Mir server. Working as a team is an alternative but, it just never seems to... work? conflict of ideas and so forth.

deffo needs a decent server team to come 2gether and start on a new server. Dont rush it, do proper testing and have new ideas/maps/bosses ect.

all servers now seem rushed. same **** different day. no imagination at all. deffo need to find a coder that wants to be part of a server team that actually wants a decent server not just a old copy.

Cocopops

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 18, 2011
Make lvling skills for every class il play again untill then, i cba.

Emzie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 18, 2009
I've been playing this server a bit, only negative thing is player count. I don't mind the other issues.

Whenever im bored at work or feel unmotivated I just think of the decent money im earning, don't you and matt do the same?
If I could earn thousands of pounds from running a mir server I'd be motivated every day it was running, shame I don't have the time to attempt to learn such things. Maybe you just need to lose that income to appreciate it.

Not a dig at you but I find your comment strange.

Last edited:

Sammy11

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 4, 2010
but i cant blame him when we've been doin it for like 4years now, and most the people we do it for are ungrateful twofaced idiots such as urself lol.

you've made thousands of these servers you've made, and yet you cry about a MINORITY of players that moan, im sure you're really not that bothered seems as these servers you make are paying for your holidays/festivals.

Foopah

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 7, 2011
Livingston
deffo needs a decent server team to come 2gether and start on a new server. Dont rush it, do proper testing and have new ideas/maps/bosses ect.

all servers now seem rushed. same **** different day. no imagination at all. deffo need to find a coder that wants to be part of a server team that actually wants a decent server not just a old copy.

Seems like you just described the server am working on with a few friends. Taking it so slow and steady right now, don't wanna go into any real detail but...

New maps (created by myself in the worlds ****est map editing tool I have ever seen) so fresh and new areas

Good coder, so far made a few new skills and sorted a few issues.

100s and I mean 100s of ideas for quests, tasks and the like.

Give it a few months and we should have a server up and ready for a select group of Beta testers then soon after that the final release for the general public.

Will request server advert space in the near future... Keep your eyes peeled for our server. :P

holly

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Mar 26, 2003
Last week or so this server has died off I can understand why Seems to me theres a lil crowd of players (really good players btw) who hop from server to server race their mates to the top player positions, then leave when its get to be to much of a slog then theres a mass exodus to the next server to start the whole thing off again. They keep doing this killing servers and crushing owners with a load of bs critism in their wake. Any who hasnt played this server should give it a go

strapon

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 10, 2011
ITV 9.25am
The server died because of a lack of communication, GMs not listening, jp eventually going awol and the fact taos could 1 hit bosses and nothing was done about it....shame coz it was the best server I played in a long long time.

holly

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Mar 26, 2003
hmm i came in the wake of all this and havent read all the posts nor been part of any of the arguements and i dont doubt wot u are saying. Maybe i should move this to general discussion. But i do see what im saying with a lot mir servers and everytime its true to say " gms not listening,this spell to strong, this spell to weak, we need new caves blah blah" My point is stick with servers keep spamming gms till they do listen sometimes its not wot u ask its how u ask and a little appreciation for the server slid in to the asking goes hell of a way

holly

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Mar 26, 2003
This is maybe wot could be done to save server other than a miracle and all the other servers go down so this only 1 left. 1st solve few of the details pppl are on about. Then do an event cave that allows new players get to lvl 60 in few hours with event items dropping equivalant to lvl 70-80 items ...... this shouldnt put the already higher lvl players noses out of joint to much especially if Rebirth is added @ the same time and rebirth items out stat mir items

JohnBarny

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2003
Ya Mums
The thing is with this server we was promised updates and fixes, which never came then bugs started to appear which would take the gm a week or two to fix even though it was a 5minute job to fix.

holly

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Mar 26, 2003
I hardly ever post becos i hate getting into conflicts but been a lomcn member for a long time this server to good to go down the pan these guys got lot of respect GM its worth listening
The thing is with this server we was promised updates and fixes, which never came then bugs started to appear which would take the gm a week or two to fix even though it was a 5minute job to fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.