Mir2 Annihilation - Opening Friday 23rd 8PM UK time.

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

MonoxideLenny

Adwaa
Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
Re: Mir2 Annihilation - Opening Monday 19th 8PM UK time.

Its back online but @home dosnt work anymore and there are no pet Npc's in town now

Wummy

Majestic Mir 2
Dedicated Member
Aug 24, 2015
Majestic Town

i tried to come online and test things. i didn't start @ level 7 i started at level 1. i relogged and nothings happening

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011

Hey Bayside.

Something to fix before Monday please :)

- I've had about 10 dc, sc stones in the past 15 minutes of playing. They sell for 15-25k each. seems a bit high.

- Med pots are weight zero

- 25 gold per one amulet - I dont mean per 100 bundle I mean 25 gold per one amulet use

- I can summon 5 skeles at a time

Last edited:

tibz

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 25, 2014

I see this now on first post

[h=2]Mir2 Annihilation - Opening Friday 23rd 6PM UK time.[/h]

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012

Hey Bayside.

Something to fix before Monday please :)

- I've had about 10 dc, sc stones in the past 15 minutes of playing. They sell for 15-25k each. seems a bit high.

- Med pots are weight zero

- 25 gold per one amulet - I dont mean per 100 bundle I mean 25 gold per one amulet use

- I can summon 5 skeles at a time

Yo, what IP are you using to connect? Just running the exe my connect attempts just stick on 1 and don't go up

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011

My army of the undead took over the server :p

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014

Thought I'd have a peek.

It's stuck on 800x600 no matter what res you choose, both config and launcher.
Allow for higher res in the sever config maybe?

tibz

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 25, 2014

I changed my res to 1366 in config and test 1h ago

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014

The UI at the bottom doesnt even alter, it is stuck in 800x600 or 1024x as the height is the same

1vC8Mm.jpg

---------- Post Merged at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:38 PM ----------

On another note, from the 2 minutes i was ingame, those npc's make my eyes hurt.
As you see in the OP, not sure what your intention is for all the lines and symbols but its looks really 'bad'

This:
2SI1mY.jpg

Last edited:

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011

soooo was that just a stfu post or some constructive feedback with suggestions? lmao

tibz

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 25, 2014

Damn, i was annihilated by Woomataurus!

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011

Just now bud? Serv is down for me

tibz

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 25, 2014

Just joking, the server is down for me to

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014

I'm a bit confused, fancied killing random stuff for a bit of a change.
Is this supposed to be up? As you said reboot 2 mins after i logged on and it is still down 2 hours later.

You closed the 'beta' post, and this post states live on the 23rd. Whats the intent inbetween?

bayside12

LOMCN Member
Feb 5, 2018

Sorry back up i corrupted the drop file so had to go through them all, plus had to R/L stuff to do. Yes will be full whip on the Friday opening...

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Not entirely sure what i expected to be fair, tho 'Beta' a few days after joining pretty much sums it up.
I'm all for giving people a chance, and happy to help if you actually want to give it a real go but yeah, this is no where even close to playable.

After a couple of hours half-heartedly playing; not even trying to level, just did a few quests and some bosses. I reached level 40 with 1 1/.2 stash tabs full of warrior gear lvl 40-80. Including all the important spells. (FYI Unless you have coded in COH, trying to use that book will crash the server, wasn't going to try myself :P)

The crafting seemed like it could have been OK as a time/item sink, except the rare versions drop well before you get close to enough of the normal version + mats to craft the rares, making it obsolete.

Any real testing will be pretty much none-existant when you give people free 2x 'endgame bosses' as pets.

- XXCheques seem to serve no purpose at all(?) I imagine you just vendor them in which case pcking up hundreds of w.0 200 gold 'items' that then need to be sold seems pointless, just drop the gold.
- Writing on a bunch of quests is unreadable. (Goes over the pixel line count)
Note: I only actually found about 8 quests total, which is rather dissapointing, on the noticeboard no less.
- Quest items drop even when not on the quest. Resulting in unusable items filling space.
- No indication of where you even hand in some quests (20 mins running round insect cave AFTER killing 400 mobs, before i gave up looking)

- Instant tele to every KR(?) means 1 person will kill every single boss in a few minutes. Never a good idea.
(I killed pretty much every boss on the list)

- Tele to cave > take exit takes you to default crystal maps with default mobs/drops. It seems like you intend for people to use only that first starting spot and tele everywhere from that single npc...
E.g insect caves takes you to WW(S) with korean labels and HexagonRing dropping omas... you can then run around all the default connected maps/provinces.

Additional notes: Not really 'that' important but stuff i noticed.
- When i looked, the lighting on the maps is off. (E.g The light on torches in the caves need to be (X-1 Y-1).
- Your client contains all of the Assassin/Archer data, along with some other random stuff which is completely unnecessary if your not using them.

- Most mobs seem to be using default 0 AI.
- 'Troll' Boss frames are wrong, runs backwards and no attack/struck animation making it invisible.

Probably lots more 'issues' but in all honesty i stopped paying much attention rather quickly.

TLDT:
- You spawn next to an npc that teles you to every leveling cave, kr, even shop etc..
- Exp is far from even med rate. (Level 40 in a couple of hours of messing around)
- Items drop far too frequently, 5-10 mins in each cave i had a bunch of the items, including rares, legendaries, boss cave scrolls etc.

If 10 people logged on here for 1 day, they would be 40-50 and drowning in gear upto level 80, thats pretty much the bottom line here.

Last edited:

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
good feedback bud

---------- Post Merged at 08:02 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:36 AM ----------

The exterminator quest and clearing the path quest both work fine and hand in as they should

---------- Post Merged at 08:45 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:02 AM ----------

Few more things:

- I've had a ton of books and items in the past half hour, psc mainly and above. 4 Curse in 30 mins.
- I can hide from anything, even mobs that are next to me hitting me.
- Have not found soul shield or blessed armour yet

bayside12

LOMCN Member
Feb 5, 2018
Not entirely sure what i expected to be fair, tho 'Beta' a few days after joining pretty much sums it up.
I'm all for giving people a chance, and happy to help if you actually want to give it a real go but yeah, this is no where even close to playable.

After a couple of hours half-heartedly playing; not even trying to level, just did a few quests and some bosses. I reached level 40 with 1 1/.2 stash tabs full of warrior gear lvl 40-80. Including all the important spells. (FYI Unless you have coded in COH, trying to use that book will crash the server, wasn't going to try myself :P)

The crafting seemed like it could have been OK as a time/item sink, except the rare versions drop well before you get close to enough of the normal version + mats to craft the rares, making it obsolete.

Any real testing will be pretty much none-existant when you give people free 2x 'endgame bosses' as pets.

- XXCheques seem to serve no purpose at all(?) I imagine you just vendor them in which case pcking up hundreds of w.0 200 gold 'items' that then need to be sold seems pointless, just drop the gold.
- Writing on a bunch of quests is unreadable. (Goes over the pixel line count)
Note: I only actually found about 8 quests total, which is rather dissapointing, on the noticeboard no less.
- Quest items drop even when not on the quest. Resulting in unusable items filling space.
- No indication of where you even hand in some quests (20 mins running round insect cave AFTER killing 400 mobs, before i gave up looking)

- Instant tele to every KR(?) means 1 person will kill every single boss in a few minutes. Never a good idea.
(I killed pretty much every boss on the list)

- Tele to cave > take exit takes you to default crystal maps with default mobs/drops. It seems like you intend for people to use only that first starting spot and tele everywhere from that single npc...
E.g insect caves takes you to WW(S) with korean labels and HexagonRing dropping omas... you can then run around all the default connected maps/provinces.

Additional notes: Not really 'that' important but stuff i noticed.
- When i looked, the lighting on the maps is off. (E.g The light on torches in the caves need to be (X-1 Y-1).
- Your client contains all of the Assassin/Archer data, along with some other random stuff which is completely unnecessary if your not using them.

- Most mobs seem to be using default 0 AI.
- 'Troll' Boss frames are wrong, runs backwards and no attack/struck animation making it invisible.

Probably lots more 'issues' but in all honesty i stopped paying much attention rather quickly.

TLDT:
- You spawn next to an npc that teles you to every leveling cave, kr, even shop etc..
- Exp is far from even med rate. (Level 40 in a couple of hours of messing around)
- Items drop far too frequently, 5-10 mins in each cave i had a bunch of the items, including rares, legendaries, boss cave scrolls etc.

If 10 people logged on here for 1 day, they would be 40-50 and drowning in gear upto level 80, thats pretty much the bottom line here.

To be honest, yeah it’s not flawless and I don’t really care I’venever done it before I can tweak and change things as I go, I have a full timejob and family so don’t have hours and days to keep going through things, I'vegiven it a shot and some people seem to like it and that’s all that reallymatters.

when things come up I can change alter them when required, it’snot a game people are having to pay for so I’m sure they be understanding etc.and most game that are released today that cost an arm and leg are normallybuggy and glitchy as hell.

I upped the drop/exp loads and gave everyone 2boss pets as alaugh so they could just go through and see it before I wipe and reseteverything. I handed out exp 30/50%'s and gold as well so people could just getthe teleports to caves /Kr

The idea on cheques is they drop 200 1k 2.5k it’s up to theplayer if he wants to pick them up for the extra cash compare to another playerbut they will add up quickly and as everything in game requires gold it wouldgive him a bigger advantage

I hate servers where you have to run to all the caves etc, soI made sure you don't on this one but it’s not cheap, to use the KR teleportwill cost.

---------- Post Merged at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:40 AM ----------

and actually i wasnt even meant to be up, as i was going through all the smaller stuff, but alot of people asked me to keep it up un till the Friday.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014

To be honest, yeah it’s not flawless and I don’t really care I’venever done it before I can tweak and change things as I go, I have a full timejob and family so don’t have hours and days to keep going through things, I'vegiven it a shot and some people seem to like it and that’s all that reallymatters.

when things come up I can change alter them when required, it’snot a game people are having to pay for so I’m sure they be understanding etc.and most game that are released today that cost an arm and leg are normallybuggy and glitchy as hell.

I upped the drop/exp loads and gave everyone 2boss pets as alaugh so they could just go through and see it before I wipe and reseteverything. I handed out exp 30/50%'s and gold as well so people could just getthe teleports to caves /Kr

The idea on cheques is they drop 200 1k 2.5k it’s up to theplayer if he wants to pick them up for the extra cash compare to another playerbut they will add up quickly and as everything in game requires gold it wouldgive him a bigger advantage

I hate servers where you have to run to all the caves etc, soI made sure you don't on this one but it’s not cheap, to use the KR teleportwill cost.

---------- Post Merged at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:40 AM ----------

and actually i wasnt even meant to be up, as i was going through all the smaller stuff, but alot of people asked me to keep it up un till the Friday.

The fact you don't really care has already stopped me wanting to try and play this, as its solidified the fact that this will just be a quick pop up server.
But Kudos for designing a server how you want it!

Just to let you know knee jerk changes are generally a horrendous way to approach things (sometimes it cant be helped) but if a few people get amazing loot from a few boss drops, then you tweak it so it becomes insanely rare, it will then create a huge gap to catch up to them.

Chalice's feedback seems super constructive, wish more people beta tested and returned results like that!

Status
Not open for further replies.