mir2forever

smoochy boys on tour

Timmix

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 20, 2009
Heres some info on the Server i only Stumbled across it last night too, it is Live tomorrow but dont know what time.

Mir 2 Forever is a Euro/USA/Korea hybrid clone that remains faithful to the official Mir's.

It is professionally run by the same person who has run the Mir 2 Resource website for the last 8 years. The goal of the server is to faithfully reproduce the real Mir experience with none of the ridiculous custom stuff seen on a lot of private servers. Everything has been carefully considered and tested to ensure that the game remains as balanced as possible and no class or items are overpowered. It will be run with a strict zero tolerance policy on cheaters and exploiters (those that ruined and ultimately killed off all offical versions of Mir with their actions).

The server will start initially as an open beta for 2 weeks. There will not be a server wipe unless something serious comes up during the beta. The GameShop will be launched when the open beta is complete.

Some highlights of the server:

• All official Euro maps and some of the unofficial/event maps like LLC, MLC, Battleground, OKS
• All official USA maps including Ancient Ruins, Lunar, Hell and Premium Dungeon
• New maps from Korean Mir (Swamp Cave, Troll Mines) not seen on any offical Mir before
• All Euro and USA mobs as well as new mobs from Korean Mir
• All 4 classes including the Assassin. All USA skills.
• Custom experience rates - roughly 3x faster to 40 then increased rates from then on so 50 is achievable by mere mortals
• Hero System
• Fishing System
• Refining and Crafting using USA system
• Quests - USA quest system with all official quests. Euro Gold and Holy Sword quests recreated using USA system

Exp Rate: Low - Custom - roughly 3x Euro from lvl 1-40 increasing to 8-10x after that
Starting Level: 1
Starting Gold: 0

EpicSin

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2012
here is some more info guys,

Here are some important differences that any players from USA Mir need to be aware of....

Items
Pots and Scrolls that stack in 20s cannot be stored
Ingredients that stack in 1000s only a max of a 1000 of each ingredient can be stored

Heroes
You have to be level 22 to hire a hero
There are no hero buff or ranks
Only one hero can be created and you cannot delete, seal or swap heroes using the Hero Tablet - your hero choice is final
Heroes do not attack or cast spells unless a mob is nearby
Resting your hero stops it from walking it doesn't stop it from attacking or casting spells
Taos cannot summon pets if hero is out - put hero away first
There are only 3 hero locks - levels 11, 26 and 40
Hero release scrolls work 100%, the type of scroll determines the number of skill slots and bag spaces opened up

GameShop
Long term buffs (a day or more) will "save" on logout and will restore again on login if not expired
All short term buffs will cease on logout
Jade Liquid does NOT stop you dropping on death. The buff gives Agi 2, Acc 2 and Luck 2.
Short term buffs will stack on top of long term buffs
Premium Dungeon exp buff will stack with long term buffs but NOT short term buffs (you are given the option when entering PD if you want exp buff or not)
All GameShop items are tradeable initially. Some items once used become non-tradeable (e.g. Fishing Rod, Premium Pass)

Fishing
You have to be level 22 to fish
Fishing can only be done in Bichon Province
Fishing items currently do not lose dura
Stackable fish and rusty items do not stack automatically in bag during fishing
To get Goby and Marckeral you need to go to the FishMonger and exchange SmalGoby and Tinker for them
Swamp Eel does not stop you dropping on death

Mounts
You have to be level 22 to use a mount
All mounts and mount items have level requirements - check the website before purchasing GameShop mount or mount items
Mounts only lose loyalty whilst riding
Mount items do not lose dura
In the GameShop window Mount loyalty shows as 0/0 and no levels are displayed. On some mount items the stats and/or levels aren't displayed in the GameShop window either

Skills
Protection Wall only gives AC0-8 not a percentage of your AC
Power Booster only gives DC0-x instead of x-x
Skill points on PW, PB and Ultima Enhacncer do not increase if buff from previous cast is still in effect
Magic Booster shows the wrong amount of time for buff
Poison Field works with any poison equipped (not just grey poison)
Plague does little to no damage to mobs
Energy Shield avoids damage from mobs but does not have healing effect and cannot be cast on other players
Trap works like Trap Hex trapping several mobs instead of just one
Dark Body doesn't attack players
Crescent Slash works like warriors Blade Avalanche instead of attacking mobs around you

Mentor and Lending Systems
These do not work - do not attem
pt to loan items or you will lose the item

EpicSin

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2012
yh should be i recon the guys over at mir2resource (whos running it) will do a good job of it n hopefully a few people will be on

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
I know everyones gonna jump on me for sayin this, but what makes u think they can run a good private server just because they've had a website online for a while displaying mir info?

Some of them skills seem kinda weird and dont rly understand why they've changed them.. espeicalyl when they are banging on about it bein such a euro copy?

also baffles me why ppl want heros in their servers, they are so unbalanced.. wonder if they are usin ruby or hero files

Last edited:

Andreas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 12, 2008
Timisoara
I know everyones gonna jump on me for sayin this, but what makes u think they can run a good private server just because they've had a website online for a while displaying mir info?

Some of them skills seem kinda weird and dont rly understand why they've changed them.. espeicalyl when they are banging on about it bein such a euro copy?

also baffles me why ppl want heros in their servers, they are so unbalanced.. wonder if they are usin ruby or hero files

thats ruby and they haven't changed the skills , thats how they were coded(bugged) by lil/kyn and there is nothing to do about them unless they fix them

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
thats ruby and they haven't changed the skills , thats how they were coded(bugged) by lil/kyn and there is nothing to do about them unless they fix them
Makes sense then. Just didnt quite add up that they were goin for a euro copy, but changed lots of things

EpicSin

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2012
it aint a euro copy its a mix of euro and usa with abit of Korean

also its live now sign up at - mir2forever.com

Sodslaw

Ol' Phart
Dedicated Member
Jul 13, 2010
Suffolk
it aint a euro copy its a mix of euro and usa with abit of Korean

also its live now sign up at - mir2forever.com

mmmmm - you have to think Eternal ?
- with that bugger it can't be bad ! just look at the times you have to go to
his site just to check
if others are doing it right .

SevenS1ns

LOMCN Leecher
Jul 31, 2012
Playing this server for 2 days now, it's slowly growing and I'm seeing more and more people online.

Coming from old euromir all these new changes are wierd to me (haven't played for years except a tryout server here and there) and so far it's good fun!

Reported a couple of bugs that got swatted as soon as I reported them, Eternal seems to be on top of things.

So far, I'm really enjoying myself!

PS: Yes 1st post, no I did not make the account to post this, I made the account to download the server files and muck about. Have been lurking LOMCN since it's inception :P

Ulitma

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2005
So far so good,quests are fun to do when not grinding,i like the mixture of USA,could do with more fixes such as refines,etc but its only in open beta atm so, i rate is good worth playing so far.

bayya

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 19, 2012
Fishing was the worst thing about USA and its here. Many left euro cos "gems spoiled the game" and now here's fishing so you get them afk without risk. Good idea
Heros were 2nd worst. The euro experience was mostly about the team work and playing in a group. Few could solo bosses or solo level efficiently. Heros changed that too.
USA changed the levels so the poor lil customers could could get a sense of achievement more often(level faster) so soon everyone was a high ish level and soloing everything in sight that worked. (EM didnt work)
Why would you want to repeat that?
The high user count there was because
no body drops so it was chatroom with something to do
no pk so obsessive compulsives could "just level" in peace
but mostly because it was an official server even though it was obviously a scamming cash cow run by incompetents
So you arent going to get the "it's the community" players cos of the body drops, you won't get the "I never play private servers"
That said
Good luck with it

Snufkin

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 27, 2011
Joined this and played it properly today and got to level 16.

Gameplay is smooth
Doubleslash animation works (unlike the stupid fourheroes)
Heroes are nerfed, passive and have been slowed down
It's based on official Mir so it's all got the correct naming conventions, maps, mobs and has rid itself of all that "low quality" custom crap however the decent stuff i would like to see if it's suitable.
Provinces are no longer safe zones so PK away in bichon if you like
Levels 1-60

Dunno if body drops are on yet

Looowwww user count so it could do with a bit of advertising.

Snufkin

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 27, 2011
They're not even advertising here so talk about clueless
"so it could do with a bit of advertising"

but i'm sure there will be an Ad for it.

@Ben you make it easy to hate you.:lol

Last edited:

Eternal

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 9, 2012
UK
They're not even advertising here so talk about clueless

Wow nice attitude Tai :)

There's a good reason for not advertising it just yet as the ruby files are still a bit unstable so rather than have 300 people on crashing the server every 5 mins driving everyone away never to return I thought it might be an idea for the problems to be sorted first.

And since when is average online user count of 70 a low user count? - By all account that's doing better then 4heroes atm just from word of mouth and no advertising :)

---------- Post Merged at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:00 PM ----------

Makes sense then. Just didnt quite add up that they were goin for a euro copy, but changed lots of things

Any changes are down to current limitations of the ruby files.

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
Actually played this a little bit after the brother kept going on about it.

The user count is FAR from low, I've experienced low, this is going good from what I see. People are not just standing around in SZ, they're all out hunting for their lives....

Game play is pretty good, love the low rate.

Probs will be around lvl 20 for the duration of the server because I never play but it deffo gets a thumbs up from me.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
And since when is average online user count of 70 a low user count? - By all account that's doing better then 4heroes atm just from word of mouth and no advertising :)

---------- Post Merged at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:00 PM ----------

Any changes are down to current limitations of the ruby files.
i dont really care, but a dig is a dig, so ill dig back.

4heros has an avg of 90 usercount, which last time i checked is higher than 70!