Mon Wil Extention

smoochy boys on tour

happypuppy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 15, 2003
BC, Canada
I am curious if it is possible to have all monsters inside one wil file like HUM and Weapon... because this would be more easier to understand and what monster ID it will have... and how do we even know what IDis next if all monsters are set already .. because i loaded up Diamonds monster Database and liam's MON files.. and most the new monsters are messed /screwy and do not play proper ... HELP maybe ? i dunno i would like 1 mon file and i will even import all monsters into Mon.wil if i have too as long as someone can maybe help me figure out how to made database read that mon.wil file as there will be like 100+mobs maybe set the wil file to be having alot of ID's ? how is it even possible.. . .

understand me?

Senture

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 8, 2004
I get what you mean. But the work involved would be out of this world. The client would have to be rewriten for the magics to be read from different places in the file, not to mention the time involved to chop appart 23 files and recompile it as 1.

Liandrin2

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 14, 2004
You could do that, but so many mobs would make it an issue searching through it.

If your using my mon files with the Diamond client simply rename

L-mon1 = Mon31
L-mon2 = Mon32

And so on, and then tell the client to allow the extra wil files. That way they should all work.

Senture

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 8, 2004
That is a good way of doing it. But if your stuck at the point of figuring how to build a mon file and work out the appr, then surely coding a client is going to be a nightmare.

Babyhack

Devilsoul Owner
VIP
Feb 4, 2004
Dublin, Ireland
I have codded a Diamond client that will read the L-Mon files without having to rename or edit them (I just have to test it)
The appr will be the same also so no DB edits

as for all mons in the one .wil files thats just pointless and a waste of resources
The appr for mons is easy to work out there are plenty of posts on here about it and even an app that will work it out for you

BH