MoonX Mir 3 - Coming Soon™

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swoosh

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jan 24, 2017
London
glowing wings, oh dear god i thought the mir community had grown out of that phase lel

Mythra

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 6, 2015
Reactions: Vaeborg

Voya

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 15, 2008
USA
These are all old 3.55 kit/armors.
Do they appear same as outside visual?

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania

tridan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 2, 2012
When you say early to middle of the month do you mean this month (March) How long will beta run for and will it be a wipe or continue?
Thanks
Raistlin / Starbuck

Mythra

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 6, 2015
Balance changes.

• Taoist:
    • Infection: Damage nerfed (reason in original post)
    • Empowered Evil Slayer / Talisman: No longer have CD

• Assassin:
    • Maximum lifesteal they can obtain is 27% up 16%.
  • Warrior
    • Maximum Life Steal they can obtain is 15% up from 10%
Post automatically merged:

When you say early to middle of the month do you mean this month (March) How long will beta run for and will it be a wipe or continue?
Thanks
Raistlin / Starbuck

We're very careful with what we're doing and everything is being extensively tested so the beta will not last much. I was thinking 2-3 days of closed beta to make sure PvP is balanced then we will wipe and launch the server in open beta (at this point everything will be finished) as a trial mode and everyone will be able to log in and play without issues (there will be no wipes when the open beta ends unless something goes HORRIBLY wrong with gamebreaking bugs/exploits)

Last edited:

Vaeborg

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
  • Assassin:
  • Warrior
so i have understand here will sin too OP ? :D because he have more lifesteal from warrior ?
I'm not talking about hits from sin ...

tridan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 2, 2012
Balance changes.

• Taoist:
    • Infection: Damage nerfed (reason in original post)
    • Empowered Evil Slayer / Talisman: No longer have CD

• Assassin:
  • Warrior
Post automatically merged:

We're very careful with what we're doing and everything is being extensively tested so the beta will not last much. I was thinking 2-3 days of closed beta to make sure PvP is balanced then we will wipe and launch the server in open beta (at this point everything will be finished) as a trial mode and everyone will be able to log in and play without issues (there will be no wipes when the open beta ends unless something goes HORRIBLY wrong with gamebreaking bugs/exploits)

So early to middle march (this month) are you thinking?

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
@Mythra Just reread the main post since you have edited it and it seems good with open beta on it's way I wanted to ask a couple of things.

1. How are Wizards/Taoists looking from the PVP side of things in testing?
The reason I ask is because on Zircon these classes had a clear edge over the melee classes due to spell lockouts and small maps that made it possible to block pathways with tempest making it impossible for Assassins and Warriors to engage in direct PVP with them.

2. You have Buffed the Warriors damage and Implemented a Nerf to the Assassins ability to kill bosses, Care to elaborate on the change to the Assassins?
I am asking this because if you have made the warrior able to DPS at almost the same level as the Assassin but taken away from the Assassin it could effect the desirability of players wanting to play the Assassin class.

3. Can you cover the Lifesteal change in a little more depth please?
What I mean is that the Assassins on Zircon had access to Two passive spells that granted them a Total of 30% Life steal at 3rd level on both. This ignored the 4th and 5th level spells and Life steal that was obtainable by Items and the Taoists buff Spell. So how will it differ on MoonX?

4. Have you made any changes to areas to allow for Different element builds?
Always loved the Wizard class but it always seemed a bit of a waste to get so many cool looking spells that just drop off their spell bar late game would be nice to see area's where other elements give the class a reason to use them.

5. Have you made any changes to some of the less used spells from Zircon?
Like Might was hardly ever used because Defiance was just so much better because it matched Low end to high end.

6. Have you revisited the aspect of the Taoists supporting spells?
I mean things like the AC, MR, DC, MC, SC buffing spells they get, In my opinion they fall off the Taoists spell bar very quickly as the slight bonus they provide is so minimal that Taoists see it as a waste of there time to cast them.

To that end if you haven't implemented any change to them as of yet I will offer you the same suggestion I made to Jamie back from when I played Zircon. Make them Scale off a % of the Taoists SC and if needed put in place a cap so they don't get too out of hand. By doing this you also offer them a way to make their pets stronger and able to tank a little better.

Last edited:

Mythra

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 6, 2015
@Mythra Just reread the main post since you have edited it and it seems good with open beta on it's way I wanted to ask a couple of things.

1. How are Wizards/Taoists looking from the PVP side of things in testing?
The reason I ask is because on Zircon these classes had a clear edge over the melee classes due to spell lockouts and small maps that made it possible to block pathways with tempest making it impossible for Assassins and Warriors to engage in direct PVP with them.

2. You have Buffed the Warriors damage and Implemented a Nerf to the Assassins ability to kill bosses, Care to elaborate on the change to the Assassins?
I am asking this because if you have made the warrior able to DPS at almost the same level as the Assassin but taken away from the Assassin it could effect the desirability of players wanting to play the Assassin class.

3. Can you cover the Lifesteal change in a little more depth please?
What I mean is that the Assassins on Zircon had access to Two passive spells that granted them a Total of 30% Life steal at 3rd level on both. This ignored the 4th and 5th level spells and Life steal that was obtainable by Items and the Taoists buff Spell. So how will it differ on MoonX?

4. Have you made any changes to areas to allow for Different element builds?
Always loved the Wizard class but it always seemed a bit of a waste to get so many cool looking spells that just drop off their spell bar late game would be nice to see area's where other elements give the class a reason to use them.

5. Have you made any changes to some of the less used spells from Zircon?
Like Might was hardly ever used because Defiance was just so much better because it matched Low end to high end.

6. Have you revisited the aspect of the Taoists supporting spells?
I mean things like the AC, MR, DC, MC, SC buffing spells they get, In my opinion they fall off the Taoists spell bar very quickly as the slight bonus they provide is so minimal that Taoists see it as a waste of there time to cast them.

To that end if you haven't implemented any change to them as of yet I will offer you the same suggestion I made to Jamie back from when I played Zircon. Make them Scale off a % of the Taoists SC and if needed put in place a cap so they don't get too out of hand. By doing this you also offer them a way to make their pets stronger and able to tank a little better.

1. Reduced damage to critical strike (that caused numbers to sky rocket) and bigger health potion should prevent Wizards from killing melees even before they get close. Also the maps we're currently working on are mostly open areas, as for preventing wizards from spaming tempest on choke points... that is hard to deal with without screwing the class over (at least I haven't come up with a way to avoid that).

I have a general idea of how things will develop now that damage numbers been tuned down to reasonable levels so as we go into closed beta and receive feedback from the players we'll be able to make more adjustments should they be needed. Plus we've made it so it's easier to buff or nerf certain aspects of the classes, even if something manages to fly under the radar as long as players notice and report it we'll fix it very quickly.

2. As of now, warriors have better sustained AoE damage than Assassins but Assassins have better single-target damage and when stacking lotus spells they have a big AoE burst that can nuke down a lure but overall they're equally fast when it comes to leveling. Assasins might actually be able to level slightly faster if they have enough gear to fish for lotus chains while warriors will have an easier time (less potion consumption, will be able to lure more mobs and less gear dependant).

Against bosses, Assassins will be better at dealing damage but they will reeceive extra damage from bosses while warriors have less single target damage but they're tankier. Against low tier bosses it's not much of an issue but this was intended to force players to actually group up with other classes instead of bringing a couple assassins and a tao to kill bosses.

P.S: The warrior damage buff applies only to PvE because they were the worst of all classes when it came to leveling. Now that damage has been tuned down that damage increase is noticeable but not gamebreaking.

3. Life Stealing is giving me a massive headache to be honest, even as I write I'm looking for ways to find that sweet spot and I'm sure today I'll have to do even more changes to it (I'm actually planing to reduce it again to 10-16% and look for alternatives to help melees survive in PvE, I already have some in mind but we'll see about that later tonight)

As for how it works? Life Steal works properly and you will always heal yourself the % of Life Steal you have however the amount of Life Steal % you can obtain has been reduced.
I.E: You mentioned the Assassin skills that grant Life Steal, at lvl 3 both will give you 3% each (for a total of 6%) and you won't be able to raise their lvl past 3.

4. I do have some ideas but it's to early to mention. I have, however, reduced the elemental ADV to certain elements to encourage Wizards to use more than just tempest.

5. Not yet but I want to. I never liked the idea of Defiance being universally better than Might in all situations.

6. Not yet but same as above. It's something we talked but didn't go in much depth but changing the way those spells to be % based should be fairly easy.

Reactions: peszek

Zordon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 26, 2008
Manchester, UK
have a big AoE burst that can nuke down a lure but overall they're equally fast when it comes to leveling. Assasins might actually be able to level slightly faster if they have en

How will warriors consume less pots when Sins have higher lifesteal available?

pijakus

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 6, 2011
Poland
from me, war and sin should have the same lifesteal because then it will be even ... the error on these files is that sin hits after 100k
the wizard uses only Asteroid on there files ...

Mythra

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 6, 2015
More balance changes related to Life Steal... good lord I hate this stat.

- Life Steal is back to 10% for warriors and 16% for Assassins. Life Steal felt like it wasn't enough at lower levels so instead of increasing it we're just going to make it easier for players to get 20 comfort early on.

There seems to be some misconceptions about Life Steal and why Assassins have more than warriors... well, because warriors have more HP, they have higher sustained AoE damage which translate in more HP stealed per second (even if they have 6% less life steal), they have more AC/MR, they have Defiance AND potions health more. This life steal gap only makes a difference singletarget encounters, which makes sense because Assassins are squishier, specially when there are ranged mobs or wizards shooting at them (which there will be).

P.S: No one is going to hit 100k hp per hit, not even close.

Last edited:

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
To be perfectly Honest the way the English version of the Assassin class works is completely different to how they work on Korean. If you watch any of the videos they don't really use Lotus combo they use Puppets and Dragon Repulse and some other Chain spell like Dragon Repulse to kill Groups.

But there is Defo something out of wack with Warriors on the Zircon files. I have been playing on Zeds Test server and I've got over 350 PVE damage on a warrior yet my spells hit for like 15k Max. On my Assassin on Zircon my Assassins gear was sub par and had at best 150% PVE yet he was hitting 15-25k crit's.

Last edited:

Amrod

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 7, 2009
poland
sin and war have same ac and mr m8 :) they can tank better that war ;p that was see on zircon or on hells server

Reactions: Spartacus

pijakus

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 6, 2011
Poland
sin and war have same ac and mr m8 :) they can tank better that war ;p that was see on zircon or on hells server
I agree with this gentleman ... Warrior and Sin as they have the same AC and MR is SIN is stronger than the warrior

Swoosh

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jan 24, 2017
London
Do you not like a walking disco? because I have Oprah right here giving away glows, wings and auras to everyone!

P.S: Brotherhood weapon from FFX /orgasm

^ click for video

As you can see... we like shiny & over the top stuff lmao.

Oh dear lord make it stop please :D nah personally not a fan, if i logged on your server id log straight back off seeing these fairys running round BW.

• Haha
Reactions: zedina
Status
Not open for further replies.