Release My OWN Maps (I Made) And Updates To Them

Join Discord

SoulForge

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 18, 2004
This is an update for my Floating Islands map i started making and never got it finished but ive started finishing it and its now at this stage so will release when its done :).

-----
Palace and Cave Entrance Map from a forest area.

Download: http://www.mirfiles.co.uk/upload/files/get/Fkh3PEQ_WO/corrwoods.map
-----
Palace KR or Large Room with 2 Doors.

Download: http://www.mirfiles.co.uk/upload/files/get/D-weCMZIy0/corrpalace.map
-----
A Small Lava island with no visible doors so teleporting would be best way to enter this map. :)

Download: http://www.mirfiles.co.uk/upload/files/get/rh2ABnQpCH/lavaisle.map
-----
This is map 13 originally but instead i added a town to it, enjoy.

Download: http://www.mirfiles.co.uk/upload/files/get/mFGE9AFzGz/13.map
-----
Lookout Map renewed on a bigger map surface so the tile repeating shouldnt happen now hopefully when you go near the edges of the map. (I dont know if the map will be white when in game or black background so only time will tell when someone tests it out :) lemme know please). Enjoy everyone!

Download: http://www.mirfiles.co.uk/upload/files/get/xeqA-UgwrJ/newlookout.map
-----

More to come soon.

-----
Should you come across any issues or bugs please lemme know about them with screenshots and ill fix them and repost fixed map files. Thanks :)

Last edited:

Amenovis

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 9, 2006
Germany
i love the first i hope it will be not only a water version ... a heaven version would be also great i mean between the land island parts

the second i downloaded and look if i find a use and the 3rd mhh dunno what to do with it at present but thx anyways

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
what map editor have you used for these? the only one i've found reasonable is coly's editor, but even that you have to build houses tile by tile - and font/back tiles dont work properly.

And i cant believe you made the larger maps by tile without using an object set.

Edit:

Just looked at your other thread and see that you have actually used colys. has he fixed the front/back tile issue? i found that certain objects that are meant to be front tiles (so your player goes behind them) never worked so you would just talk over them. And same with back tiles your player would often go behind them.

Last edited:

Churchill

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 9, 2011
Great work yet again and I owe you a rep for this @SoulForge

Front/Back tiles I thought were for matching corners or basically adding 2 tiles in 1 area?

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
yes they are. so you can have a back tile to stand on and a front tile to go in front of you. like a wall. most of the time I could only have one or other and wouldnt let me place both on the same tile

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk

SoulForge

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 18, 2004
The way i map is like this, you have tiles which are basically the size of 4 front or back tiles these are usually grass paths mud sand etc, Then you have front and back tiles which are things like buildings cliff edges hill sides trees etc, I cannot say ive ever had issues of my character going infront of tiles when they should go behind them I usually put things lilke cliff edges and teleport platforms etc on back tiles and stuff like trees rocks and houses etc on front tiles.

O and yes i use Coly's amazing map editor :) Ive never had an issue with it at all as far as i remember, it works flawlessly for me. Thanks for Amazing program Coly!

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
lovely work, I love the first & second map. Not sure if i ever seen that palace entrance before but it looks good!

+rep

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
I thought this too. what maps is that entrance from do you know?

Sejanus

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 14, 2006
Perfect maps, very unique:)

Love the last one with my favourite number 13>>

SoulForge

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 18, 2004
The tiles i used for the palace place, I believe i got them from Churchill or Chinaboy dont remember which :)

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
theyre in official client but cant find what map its officially used on :(

Churchill

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 9, 2011
I have pretty much every map I can find and I have never come across that cave entrance before so can only assume they are really old or I am missing maps.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
its not an old map def. ive gone through every map I cam find from snow up to tarzan and cant see it, it looks like it would match the hindu temple entrance, but official entrance for that is a snow map.

might not be im use yet, unless we'r both missing the map and its not in the release client

Churchill

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 9, 2011
Tbh I've not even come across them in the files so kudos for spotting them SoulForge,
I will be having a little look later again to see if I have missed anymore doors.

SoulForge

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 18, 2004
lol I spent hours scrolling thru the files to find it and i must admit i never seen it before myself thats why i made a entrance for it, makes my map more unique hehe

File they are in for me is 66 - Forest - Dungeonsc, Img Starting Number 4056.

Hope this helps someone somehow :)

Reactions: Far and Churchill

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
really helps thanks. was gonna go through the objects tonight to find it but you saved me a job lol. gonna see if i can successfully add it to an existing map.

---------- Post Merged at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:44 PM ----------

just checked the map editor and i cant find it where you mentioned - all thats there are the indoor temple bits to it , the wil ends about 3500.

Edit:

for some reason colys editor is only going up to 3817 on this file - however i can see it fine in the wil viewer. anything i need to change to allow me to see the rest?

Edit edit:

solved it. had to convert the data to colys .iix format to see it for some reason - might have ran out of memory

---------- Post Merged at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:44 PM ----------

woop. finished my new map.

treepath now has an entrance to the temple

2014-02-21 21_25_09-Legend of Mir.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: SoulForge

SoulForge

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 18, 2004
Looks nice m8 well done, it is one of the nicest doors ive seen tbh :)

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
it is. i do like it when they make new entrances, instead of using an npc to teleport in, or just using the standard cave entrance.

its an old one, but i also love the mir3 mine entrance

SoulForge

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 18, 2004
Yea i love the beam supports entrance for mines also :) just wish there was more versions of stuff like that then just 1 for right facing and 1 for left facing :(