Myth Of Soma | Blade Of Heaven

smoochy boys on tour

WildGirl

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 26, 2013
Ethernet
I played some first days when it was officially launched but then I returned to mir. Guess I'll let BlueNet know about the Soma server. he should be happy.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
looks to well made for a p server.

Looking at something that has been under development for like 6 years lol.

Not sure if SD have the license for Soma, i been told they do but others say they don't, sure they will post on here soon.

somadev

LOMCN n00bie
Aug 26, 2010
Hi guys,

Indeed we are launching on August 31st. Hope to see a few of you there.

Thanks

Fan made trailer
[video=youtube;xuu_wqGArTE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xuu_wqGArTE[/video]

PRIMO

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 18, 2006
Nottingham
gunna give this a try is any1 from lomcn still playing? never played soma before so should be interesting lol.

strapon

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 10, 2011
ITV 9.25am
Never played Soma. Not sure I have enough 'Ruthless Dilligence' for it XD.
Will try this though best of luck!

Xragon

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 17, 2010
May give this a shot, played it on Euro for a few weeks but never had time due to Mir

Kimbo

LOMCN n00bie
Aug 1, 2013
I've been waiting years for the official launch. Will definitely be playing along with all my old grade school friends.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Goodluck with the Server SomaDev.

Shame MythOfSoma doesn't have a big user count like it did when EURO first went down.

Xragon

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 17, 2010
Goodluck with the Server SomaDev.

Shame MythOfSoma doesn't have a big user count like it did when EURO first went down.

The count on Euro was never massive though, Yes it had a nice little boost from the Mir Community during the initial launch but it massively declined afterwards.

Even more so when GN dropped almost all support for it (Until that big patch)

Karl

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 8, 2004
Gloucester
Soma really was such an under appreciated game imo.

Leveling system in it can't be compared to anything else on the market.

Kimbo

LOMCN n00bie
Aug 1, 2013
Soma really was such an under appreciated game imo.

Leveling system in it can't be compared to anything else on the market.
Hey Karl! Some of my fondest Soma memories were had on the Alpha Omega server that you and badgerr developed. Good times. Soma was a large part of my teenage years. I started in beta back in 2002. I remember playing Soma with friends everyday after school and LANing it with friends every weekend. I still remember all my friends being mad that I stayed home from school to get enough axe skill to equip the great battle axe :D. As Xragon said, the community even on the European server was never massive. It never really got past 1000 users online (I remember seeing 800 online), but it didn't really need to. There was only one server to choose from and the game itself (map sizes etc) is pretty small. The small community gave it a very unique feel that I haven't experienced in another mmorpg. It felt like everyone knew who everyone was in the community. It was very easy to make a name for yourself (good or bad).

If you've ever played Soma in the past, you owe it to yourself to check out the Somadev server when it launches on August 31st. This is the closest thing to an official server that we'll ever have. Finito and iSylver have been developing this server for years. It doesn't use the standard Soma server files that are out there. They have implemented a bunch of new features such as the rested experience system, a dueling system, sacred stone event, and a new constitution system (mix INT and STR levels with no effect on HP, you can do CON at any level without negative effects on HP). You are no longer limited to 800x600 resolution. You can now set custom resolutions as high as 1920x1080.

Advertising will begin in the next few weeks, with banners going up on various forums and mass emails being sent out. The Chinese and Korean Soma communities have also been recruited for launch. And if you've never played Soma, but you're a fan of Isometric graphics and open world PVP then give it a shot. Soma is all about the PVP.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
I remember Omega, didn't it open twice? was good though but D5 still down for the best server for me.

Karl

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 8, 2004
Gloucester
I remember Omega, didn't it open twice? was good though but D5 still down for the best server for me.

It did, the first time some nasty corruption happened that pretty much destroyed things.

Second time was doing really well, was peaking at over 200 users, unfortunately people found exploits that basically ruined Soma servers as they stood without major patching.

Couldn't be bothered with things after that :D