Need help with Graphic Card

checkra1n

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 30, 2006
My friend using graphics card NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT, problem started few days back when PC starts to reboot / restart it self, now he noticed that the grapic card is heating alot (there is no fan on graphic card). Can any one help me out why his graphic card is heating so much all of a sudden & is that any thing to do to solve this problem ?

Thanks

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Whats the cpu temp? No fan on the graphics card? there should be and check to see if it's working.

Karl

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 8, 2004
Gloucester
Maybe the fan dropping off is the cause of his problems! 9600GT should all definately have a fan on them. I did check to see if any came with heatsinc instead but cant see any that did.

When his computer restarts, get the error that bounces up on his blue screen and check the hardware error logs in event viewer this will give more of an idea.

Just because the gfx card is getting hot doesn't necissarily mean that it is that causing the problem.

checkra1n

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 30, 2006
Whats the cpu temp? No fan on the graphics card? there should be and check to see if it's working.

How can i see CPU Temperature ?

Yes there no no fan on graphic card

Maybe the fan dropping off is the cause of his problems! 9600GT should all definately have a fan on them. I did check to see if any came with heatsinc instead but cant see any that did.

When his computer restarts, get the error that bounces up on his blue screen and check the hardware error logs in event viewer this will give more of an idea.

Just because the gfx card is getting hot doesn't necissarily mean that it is that causing the problem.

When PC restarts He dont gets any blue screen its just like a normal restart.

Karl

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 8, 2004
Gloucester
CPU temp can usually be seen in the bios or you could download CPU-Z its a hardware monitoring tool.

Still check event viewer for errors. just click start and type event viewer in the search box will find it.