New Eden V2.

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
I hope there’s none of the caves you used last time here , would insta ruin a lot of them as people still have all the doors written down

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
I hope there’s none of the caves you used last time here , would insta ruin a lot of them as people still have all the doors written down

Of course there is, took me 8 months to make them maps last time, man ain't doing that ever again.

The base caves use the same maps, but the location of them may of been changed a bit, with the odd floor added in, so while the cords 1F->2F will be the same, Any hidden/secret mazes are different, and if they are the same map (as most of them were just basic 20x20 rooms in terms of mazes) , all the coords have been changed and the entrances are in different places.

Bear in mind, there is no "wilderness" in V2.

I've changed 99% of what I've re-used that much that the coords won't really be much use. Plus, I'd be highly surprised if people still have the co-ords 1 year on.

Last edited:

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
Yeh, people say "Low-Rate" then you log on your level 40 in a few days, which is not Low rate to me...

So thought I'd clarify...
Dont really understand what is the point, every game is borring at the start and I feel we did this couple of thousands of times in 10+ years no ? So why add new features, spells, caves and have to play 1 year to get to them ?

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Dont really understand what is the point, every game is borring at the start and I feel we did this couple of thousands of times in 10+ years no ? So why add new features, spells, caves and have to play 1 year to get to them ?

Players confusing low rate servers with that type of servers with lack of content and exp low as hard. But if they got enouh to do at low levels, you wont feel the how low exp is advancing.

Example : i been playing this morning the official mir3 kor for 2 hours and i done only 2 levels from 15 to 17, but i had much to do, like quests, exploring content i never seen(yep at low level LOL) and other game features ^^

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
Players confusing low rate servers with that type of servers with lack of content and exp low as hard. But if they got enouh to do at low levels, you wont feel the how low exp is advancing.

Example : i been playing this morning the official mir3 kor for 2 hours and i done only 2 levels from 15 to 17, but i had much to do, like quests, exploring content i never seen(yep at low level LOL) and other game features ^^
Its **** everyone has done for the past 10 years, nothing new....the new cool and end stuff happens at the endgame not noob levels

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Its **** everyone has done for the past 10 years, nothing new....the new cool and end stuff happens at the endgame not noob levels

I agree the cool stuff does happen end game, but people wont get there if they get bored to death of the low end stuff; my main gripe with a lot of private servers is that they literally only pile in end game content and dont look at low level stuff (as casuals will be here a lot longer than the hardcore players); I get it, there isnt as much of a reward for effort put into it as end game content, but it has a huge impact for 'first experiences and casual players'.

For me, you can use the same maps, but make people have a reason to explore them / add new things into the maps etc.

but back on track
Goodluck with this mate, your server was class first time a round, hopefully you have learned from your first server and make this even better!

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005

You must start from something and its not about "**** every one done for the past 10years..", you can add a simple thing to build on the main game scene and players would already enjoy it.

And if you did the same progress for 10 years, why didnt stick to a server that you done it for first or second attempt?

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
Or just keep the low rate and concentrate on content for 0-40? Not difficult to work out is it

not like he’s gunna bang it on euro exp rate and be like right off you go lads omacave is calling you

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham

This is not a euro clone, you are not going to log in Border village, and have to spend 4 weeks levelling in OmaCave/PSC to get halfmoon.

As i agree, no-one wants to do that **** for 10,000 time.

Even at level 15-20 there is mazes to explore, trials to do, group scenarios to conquer and quests and new spells and boss AI's.

All the euro spells levels have been moved down to level 20-25, so you'll have flame field @ level 16 for example and TDB @ level 13.

The reason for this is because I wanted a low-rate, and when people usually do low rates 0-40 is cloned from euro and rushed in a couple of hours/days and the new content is 40+ Which usually ends up in the server actually turning into a medium rate within 6 months.

Low rate but level 40 start? Takes 2 months to get 41

Start level is 1. Oo

You made me trip out then, had to re-read the add 4 times to make sure I hadn't put that in there.

The beta is going to be quite extensive, so hopefully get a lot of useful feedback from that.

Last edited:

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
You must start from something and its not about "**** every one done for the past 10years..", you can add a simple thing to build on the main game scene and players would already enjoy it.

And if you did the same progress for 10 years, why didnt stick to a server that you done it for first or second attempt?

Sorry for oftopic but...did you hear about a game called World Of Warcraft? Hearthstone ? League of Legends? people move on

kevin87

Night date without obligations, one night only
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 11, 2005
Usa
Sorry for oftopic but...did you hear about a game called World Of Warcraft? Hearthstone ? League of Legends? people move on

i think u just mentioned three games this community dont really give a **** about mate.

*kick this **** down the hole* THIS IS MIRRRR

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
Well up for this. ETA on the down to the load?!

Hopefully by end of the week, I really want to start the first Beta phase by Saturday Morning.

It's all ready to go just need to sort out the hosting and build a quick WP website.

Beta will be done like the below

Phase 1 -
Stage 1 - Level 0-20 - 2 days
Stage 2 - Level 20-30 - 2 days
Stage 3 - Level 30-35 - 2 days
Stage 4 - Level 35-40 2 days.

If we need more phases they will follow the same pattern. The reason for the stages is without it no-one would ever really get to test the level 30+ content within a realistic time frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.