New korean mir2 patch

smoochy boys on tour

Primal

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Jun 28, 2004
Well he's ignored my PM so far and my resposne here. Possibly they are on the right track and just haven't cracked it and aren't willing to share now they are close? just my 2 pence worth. I'll have it done eventually when I get time to look into it. Just got the maps so I'll have a look.

probs with how people r these days on here lol

kyndigs

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Feb 19, 2009
Reading, UK
Nah shorty its done, hes ignoring your PM's cause you would just take the info and claim you did it as you did with wis.

capturejwh.png

images00.jpg

images01.jpg

Last edited:

shorty606

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 10, 2005
I never claimed I cracked Wis. Every post I referenced your help. Sigh.
Edit: Oh and I was right...you have cracked it and just don't want to share. Fair enough. I won't be sharing 16 bit client modifications. And if you've already done that, let's see some proof?

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
dont think kyn is worried about 16bit atm

as there is many other things to code in

shorty606

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 10, 2005
Yeah...he would be if he'd found what I had. Tbh I really couldn't care less any more, I don't think much of him after that sarky comment about claiming praise for the wis file format. We didn't actually use anything found by Kyn, we just went with a wis editor that came out of china instead.

kyndigs

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Feb 19, 2009
Reading, UK
Yeh who cares, if i wanted 16 bit id do it, not that you would share anyway.

If lil wants to share its up to him, he finished it off so technically he done it. I dont mind, just saying nothing is appreciated here.

Im not going to get into an argument over this, you can keep your 16 bit modifications I wouldnt use them anyway even if you did release.

shorty606

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 10, 2005
That's fine, I'm not going to get into an argument. That's why I didn't have any hostility until your little comment. I'm not bothered if you wouldn't use 16bit, seems strange why you wouldnt though as you can use existing 8 bit graphics but incorporate particle engines into the client, best of both worlds. You might as well put them in, and I've never said I wouldn't share, just noones asked.

Nightwolf

Developer
VIP
Jul 16, 2003
Manchester, UK
couldn't we just share everything ? :)

any chance at least having some converted korean maps posted so that we could use them aswell?

allot of things did used to get shared all the time but people try to claim it as theres etc... and always expect things handed to them on a plate and never give anything bk in return.

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
why should they share when ppl talk crap about them

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
Out of intrest what map editor is that?

Its an old old old map edit, found in my map edit resources post as a source not a useable map edit. Doest basic stuff, but still heavily bugged, im helping lil fix his up, spent 2 nights on getting tiles to display correctly, still got some issues though :(

link to orignal post
http://www.lomcn.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=48937

Last edited:

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
I can remember the catapults from when I started back in the early days. Nothing new there. Just never implemented.

As for all the *****iness in this thread about sharing stuff, funny really. It's not Lomcn's stuff in the first place is it or individual members, simply stuff from Korea that eventually gets ripped/hacked and used in the next server that comes along. How people claim ownership because they were the first to get in is almost beyond a joke.
There's clearly a lot of talent moving around these boards, it's a pity that the level of talent isn't matched by intellect and personality.

Come on people, pool resources and get a better result.

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
Just taking a look at the new SW, its on its own map, and orignal SW is left the same.

Map does look cool, has two walls to be destroyed at each end of front wall, with the new canal will be more interesting, 3/3 possible entrances, 5 canal crossings, 1 castle.

There is also catapult spots for the 2 walls and gate :D

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
there nice maps

new objects from 15-18 with new trees building and details

jl6yc4.jpg