New league .... lots of fun!

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Love me some bow builds. Mirage archer bodyswap completely changed archers for me. Before those two skills, yup, couldn't have cared less.

I DID make a very fun EK Nova shieldcharge build with lightpoacher helmet that went around lightning proccing everything with impalsas, that was fun as **** actually but super dangerous to play in HC lol. It also sadly got nerfed (the lightpoacher)

Last edited:

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Not terribly impressive (As AW i usually go it right after A10 Kitava) But it's getting there.
Main issue is getting my weapon out at the start of the fight, i can't work out how to do it. Worm jar isntenough to proc the rampage.

HKXZQh.jpg

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
AW just absolutely owns bosses though so no real surprise you're not as fast as that. Stat stick Champion AW is frankly disgusting lol. Unkillable AND tauntkills bosses... whilst you're nowhere near it.

Not sure how to help you tbh, never really did summoner.

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
My first Delve boss. First boss that actually felt like a real boss in PoE... not just the usual avoindthe tlegraphed **** on the floor stuff.
Most fun I've ever had in a boss!

Build is definetely coming on.
6raGzy.jpg

---------- Post Merged at 03:23 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:20 AM ----------

AW just absolutely owns bosses though so no real surprise you're not as fast as that. Stat stick Champion AW is frankly disgusting lol. Unkillable AND tauntkills bosses... whilst you're nowhere near it.

Not sure how to help you tbh, never really did summoner.

I'm not a summoner! Thats why I'm loving this build (never liked summoner playstyle) With this i jump in smacking stuff, the zombies are just there, taunt & meat shield, the apes just spam cast shout giving me power/frenzy charges. They take no tending too really only odd one dies on bosses.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Single handedly the best build ever to play was

Worm Blasters!

I have never had so much fun running around spamming 1234 in my entire life; its a shame it kept getting nerfed and by the end, it was dumpstered :(

watch from 1 minute in
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_t49sm6arV4

honestly not missed a build so much in my entire life

Last edited:

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Single handedly the best build ever to play was

Worm Blasters!

I have never had so much fun running around spamming 1234 in my entire life; its a shame it kept getting nerfed and by the end, it was dumpstered :(

watch from 1 minute in
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_t49sm6arV4

honestly not missed a build so much in my entire life

Never trtied it, tho I'm sure even 'nerfed' you could still make something similar viable?

boothy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 23, 2007
Really enjoyed this game but don't like starting a new league every few months. Is there much point to starting over on new leagues? Don't really understand it tbh.. Is it just fun for trying out new builds and such? Are there new items etc on league before standard?

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Really enjoyed this game but don't like starting a new league every few months. Is there much point to starting over on new leagues? Don't really understand it tbh.. Is it just fun for trying out new builds and such? Are there new items etc on league before standard?

New items, new mechanic to explore, nerfs/buffs to certain skills, new skills, but most importantly: a fresh economy.

boothy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 23, 2007
Yeah I can see why a new league is needed for the economy, currency is probably useless on standard now... Might give it another go as it was really fun! So this league will last til around Christmas time I take it?

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
yeah around that time, then because it's so popular it'll become part of the core gameplay in someway, i.e Zana map addons or w.e and we'll get our next expansion.

Pretty insane how they can keep coming up with things every.. 4? months for so long. Admittedly not every expansion is great (looking at you bestiary) but they've done well this time.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Never trtied it, tho I'm sure even 'nerfed' you could still make something similar viable?

The amount of target nerfs the build took I think it was trashed haha
I need to log into PoE and level up my RFer! haha

boothy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 23, 2007
Crazy how they can come up with content every few months for a free game, but I guess they make their money back from cosmetics etc! I love these type of games.. I'm really looking forward to Lost Ark (If it ever gets released in EU lol, probably about 5 years...) Guess i'll play this for now!

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
The amount of target nerfs the build took I think it was trashed haha
I need to log into PoE and level up my RFer! haha

I see now.

At present i would need to run 4 of them (I need 15 mob kills to activate my weapon) to do the 'big bosses' on this build, which is kind of sucky. but still loving it for mapping/delves.

Guess I'm levelling an arc trapper again to jump on for guardians/bosses :)

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
Deffo gunna give this another try , any recommendations for “fun” builds ? I’m not interested in minmaxing , just want something I can slay through masses of stuff with

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
There are too many options, and they play quite different, e.g the bows comments prior. Personal preference is always going to be the case.

Personally, I'm loving the new spell Concecrated path, I also always enjoy a good Nagamahu Cyclone build, easy and scales well into endgame with a little effort.

So just decide on a spell you like the look of, as thats what you will be seeing for the near future. Then look for a build using that, there ill be dozens.

Almost finished leveling my Arc trapper already :)

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Going for a tornado shot deadeye ranger build .. looks fun
Pretty safe choice.

One think that irritated me a bit after making this Trapper last night was that the mine is per character' so I'd have to dig back down to 300~

Funnily enough i capped 2500 suphite just doing the act quests, and have been sat in the mines for hours now. Insane how long it lasts doing lvl60 delves at 20-60~ a pop.

Then i read this: Expected mid- next week https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2217850
- We are implementing a change where your deepest Mine is shared across all characters on your account
- We will also make map item quantity bonuses affect Sulphite gain. We want it so that playing harder content is always worthwhile.
- We will also cap the Sulphite costs per Delve past depth 1000 so that it doesn't require exponentially more map play in order to progress as you delve really deep.

I must say, this league is just getting better and better.