NEW Live Launch Date

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayer1985

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 20, 2014
i dont like starting with an afro on my character and deleting him means i cannot us the name :(

• Haha
Reactions: Tai

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
i dont like starting with an afro on my character and deleting him means i cannot us the name :(

1585669822345.png

i thik it was @Tai that mentioned other servers have used hairstyles as GS items, at first i was shocked, then i though, well if others have done it, why not me.

plus on here you can always earn hunttokens while playing without having to pay and save up for your new hairstyle!

Reactions: deano13

mirman118

LOMCN Member
Dec 19, 2014
Was really looking forward to this server but after playing for a hour and started to notice mobs do not give any exp i logged off. Quests should be optional for perks or for just something else to do. Quests for lvls aint my cup of tea but i wish you the best of luck!!

Akaras

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Jan 14, 2014
You do get exp for killing mobs... not a lot obviously and quests do seem to give a nice chunk of exp at low levels but I bet it evens out later on when mobs start to give a bit more exp per kill

Reactions: Belle

vanjambles

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 2, 2013
having an issue when attempting to install the game on my laptop, i have it installed fine on 2 pc's but attempting to put it on my dads laptop for him and it downloads to 99% closes the launcher then reopens and starts again in an unending cycle, any advice?

vanjambles

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 2, 2013
thanks for the speedy reply man :) now that new client you linked says it cant get the patch info :( gonna be one of those days isnt it...

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
Was really looking forward to this server but after playing for a hour and started to notice mobs do not give any exp i logged off. Quests should be optional for perks or for just something else to do. Quests for lvls aint my cup of tea but i wish you the best of luck!!

Grinds me when players say a GM should be doing stuff their way.

From what it sounds like the quests are there to give a tutorial aswell as gameplay and your encouraged to do them in order to experience the work and effort the GM has put in.

If you want a server that’s full of crazy ass killing loads of mobs with no quests go OS, if you want a well crafted server with tonnes of things to do and make it last a while then open your mind and play ER.

In an earlier thread you was asking for files...so are you even a player?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: deano13 and Sanjian

vanjambles

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 2, 2013
could it be that its installing on an external drive? wouldnt run off of a pen drive i copied from my pc either, did the same thing, but i know his lappy runs mir, its all he ******* does on it, hes the silent hero u see on every server going XD

Sovereign

Krootox
Dedicated Member
Jul 11, 2007
Kent
Struggling to start the download, I'm **** with PC's, I get this message as soon as I click it:

This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Apps Settings page. ??

• Wow
Reactions: deano13

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Grinds me when players say a GM should be doing stuff their way.

From what it sounds like the quests are there to give a tutorial aswell as gameplay and your encouraged to do them in order to experience the work and effort the GM has put in.

If you want a server that’s just mindless killing mobs with no quests go OS, if you want a well crafted server with tonnes of things to do and make it last a while then open your mind and play ER.

In an earlier thread you was asking for files...so are you even a player?
No he doesn't like OS either and says that server is ****.

I'd really like to see this guy make his own server and realise how much blood sweat and tears goes into making a server.

I'll be the first one giving "constructive criticism" on his server.

Well done on the release Sanj looks really good and great to see you got such a high user count. Just goes to show there is still a healthy usercount on Mir if you add all the online users up.
Whilst someone is going to reply and say "ye but wouldn't it be great if it was all on 1 server" - no it wouldn't and that'll never happen.
Private servers came about because people found euro boring.. its fantastic to see variety and each server owners creative side.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Great server so far, by the way.

It's very slow paced, so don't ex[ect to be level40 in a day.
Also don't expect any special gear for a while.
But this all said, thee's loads of low levels grouping together to hunt BC, ZT etc.
A BlackRing with added slow/aspeed actually gets you a tad exited...!

After your LOF was a bit of a flop (UC wise, the server itself was brill), it's great to see you get the UC your work deserves Sanj.

• Love
Reactions: Sanjian

Bountyhunter

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 20, 2003
Not bashing it as it's clear your passionate and time and effort was spent ensuring it was as polished as possible but it just reminded me of a slower euro clone? I think it's the same game as it was 15 years ago, with the difference being even slower progression with a modified AI(?) and crafting features. Isn't all the items, mobs and caves identical?

Good luck with it either way , much better than these zircon / mir3 servers coming out

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Think of actually moaning about how your hair comes out on Mir, ******* weirdo's.

@Sanjian Is fishing an option on here to level? Recently broke up with my Missus and left my Gaming pc with her so playing a shitty HP laptop which i'm not sure if it will run ER properly or not, AMD R4 graphics ( intergrated ) so was wondering if i could fish for a little while until my new PC gets here.

@Hercules C'mon bro... Give Sanj his props for sure as hes worked his ass of like he always does but don't slander OS, it's had it's problems but there's a reason hes still pulling 250+ UC at 1am, people love his fast paced server's, Bon's first server was on 1.4 Files which was 8-10 years old at the time there was 2.3 files out at the time, ( oldskool 1.4 ) which actually holds the record of any english usercount ever ( from a hacker haha ) think it was 5000+ then the spawned a RME to wipe the hacker out but it held a steady 150+ UC maybe more i can't remember so remember you have to compete with that whilst giving all these littles dig you're giving to OS, if you didn't like that it that's fine, just keep quiet.

Last edited:

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
@Piff1 - fishing and all crafting can eventually be used to gain exp but would take weeks of lvling them before they yield even a single exp point and would need to venture into higher caves to lvl them so would need to lvl up first to lvl the professions to the stage you would be looking for. Main lvling source is grind but there are tons of groups together which is nice to see running constantly via the newbie guild chat.

You could potentially lvl in bichoin forest to 7-10 then just chop trees to lvl woodwork a bit which wouldn't hurt. Give it a whirl and see. It is mir after all not that demanding spec wise

Status
Not open for further replies.