New Mir 1.9 Server.

Compaq

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 10, 2006
I was just curious if a new legend of mir server 1.9 would be wise, I'd like to find torozor files to run, they are in my opinion fun to play. I can currently host 24/7 on a real dedicated server with plenty of ram and cpu power to run without lag.

I'm just curious if anyone would interested in playing..

My real name is Andrew couldn't think of a username on forums.

Also I used to play on the name 'MysticalWizzard' I believe.

So let me know if its worth it and if anyone would want to play, it would be up 24/7 without lag.

~ Thanks.

Endless-Networks Games.

Last edited:

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham
1.9 is very much obsolete now.

2.3/2.6 servers don't get many players anymore, so I'd imagine 1.9 would be very low indeed.

p.s. don't double post

Compaq

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 10, 2006
Was testing something on the double post, thought it was like other vB and could delete by advanced settings. So Legend of Mir is dead? Is that what I gather?

Even with an anti-hack blocking certain packets, etc.

liammc10

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
I would play it.. Been looking for a decent 1.9 ever since mass went down all that time ago *_*.

Andreas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 12, 2008
Timisoara
@Andrew dont listen to Gotrex hes a dick , legend of mir its not dieng , its still going pretty well and if u get some owrk on ur server u could get a decent 30-50 usercount

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham
@Andrew dont listen to Gotrex hes a dick , legend of mir its not dieng , its still going pretty well and if u get some owrk on ur server u could get a decent 30-50 usercount

Excuse me? Who the **** are you?

Mir has been dying for years and right now it's worse than ever...we're lucky to see 20 people on these forums at a time. Two weeks ago there was only 5 servers in the ads section.

lol @ 30-50 usercount you're clearly a ****ing tool.

Compaq

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 10, 2006

I hit 500 at peak on my other game, if peak is going to be 50 that makes it kind of pointless.

awadhero

EGYMIR Team Dev.
Golden Oldie
Mar 17, 2009
EGYMIR Lands
iam working on 1.9 server ... took some ideas from mass and add alot of new ideas from 2.6 servers.... server will be online soon..

/emperor

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Dead, no. Dying, yes.
To be fair u say that every year... its been dying for over 4-5years accordin to u, so almighty 1 that seems to know everything, could we have a predicted date of when u think it will actually die? :lol1:

on topic, if u want to run a server with a high user count, 100/200+ ud need to be able to code, and do something amazing and never done before

u wont accomplish that with 1.9 files, ud be lucky to get 10 users

Lone

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 15, 2007
lol @ dying ^.^ the moment something comes to life it starts dying so techinically were all on the long slow road to our death beds, its inevitable you cant deny it

as for mir dying thats not the case at all, forums may not be as busy as they used to be but thats simply because theres so many more before hand, Look at the situation 4 years ago there was 2 main forums to look for mir servers they were ragezone/lomcn and generally the entire community knew about them and would check them out al lthe time.

now we have so many servers that have been created over the years that the players are spread out, the chancers are the will be more people playing mir now than ever before, a quick count up of current server counts would go to show that, at i have 3 servers running, 1 with 29 people on it currently 1 with 11 people on and a test server with 3 people on, and its 11am on a friday tonight there will be at least 60-70 people on my servers alone, Im sure OldSkool (or four heros - i loose track) will have probably the same amount online on just 1 server so between the 2 forums there is 140 active users, which is about the peak that Euro mir used to have on Dragon when i was playing and then you need to consider the other servers that are out there too.

as for the advertising section i went to go and put up a post for my servers a few minutes ago and the rules that need to be covered although are fairly straight forward and good for the server itself its really bad for LOMCN because to start with you need to have kaori's signature in your post but i just spent 25 minutes using all manner of code combinations to get it working and it wouldnt work so theres no point in me even making an advert becuase it would be able to cover one of the basic rules and there fore wont be displayed.

bring back the days of people justy posting IP addresses and random 20 minute servers and you will see the forum coming back to life, But you will also see alot of crap appear too.

IMO Mir isnt dying at all, Its diversifying.

well thats my 2 cents

(and i was actually looking for a 1.9 server to play on over the weekend, I might put one up on my test server if i can ge tthe files sorted this afternoon ^.^)

kash12

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2004
lol @ dying ^.^ the moment something comes to life it starts dying so techinically were all on the long slow road to our death beds, its inevitable you cant deny it

as for mir dying thats not the case at all, forums may not be as busy as they used to be but thats simply because theres so many more before hand, Look at the situation 4 years ago there was 2 main forums to look for mir servers they were ragezone/lomcn and generally the entire community knew about them and would check them out al lthe time.

now we have so many servers that have been created over the years that the players are spread out, the chancers are the will be more people playing mir now than ever before, a quick count up of current server counts would go to show that, at i have 3 servers running, 1 with 29 people on it currently 1 with 11 people on and a test server with 3 people on, and its 11am on a friday tonight there will be at least 60-70 people on my servers alone, Im sure OldSkool (or four heros - i loose track) will have probably the same amount online on just 1 server so between the 2 forums there is 140 active users, which is about the peak that Euro mir used to have on Dragon when i was playing and then you need to consider the other servers that are out there too.

as for the advertising section i went to go and put up a post for my servers a few minutes ago and the rules that need to be covered although are fairly straight forward and good for the server itself its really bad for LOMCN because to start with you need to have kaori's signature in your post but i just spent 25 minutes using all manner of code combinations to get it working and it wouldnt work so theres no point in me even making an advert becuase it would be able to cover one of the basic rules and there fore wont be displayed.

bring back the days of people justy posting IP addresses and random 20 minute servers and you will see the forum coming back to life, But you will also see alot of crap appear too.

IMO Mir isnt dying at all, Its diversifying.

well thats my 2 cents

(and i was actually looking for a 1.9 server to play on over the weekend, I might put one up on my test server if i can ge tthe files sorted this afternoon ^.^)
Mir has started "dying" a lot quicker the past few months tbh, mainly due to a lack of servers. Just look back before christmas, MR HR was hitting around 100 users, MR Evo was hitting over 100 users, MR Extreme was hitting roughly 40-50 (rough guess) MR LR was hitting 20-30? (again rough guess) 4H HR was hitting over 100, and there was a couple of other backstream servers floating about. Granted there was probably a sizeable overlap of users on the MR servers, but still your looking at over 400 users daily, mabye close to 500.
Now we're talking 250 max i'd say in a day. Thats a 50% drop.
Several things can be easily done and a few not so easily done to improve this imo.

Someone code a decent set of 2.6 files and release to the public. (I beleive TD is working on 2.6 files)

Bring other games to LOMCN to increase traffic flow

Dont exactly know the ins and outs of things like this but, someone with a **** load of money buy the rights to mir, advertise it properly and get a proper good team of coders and server runners who have time on their hands and know something about mir (people like matt, jamieM,td,ben, preacher, lone, hell mabye even someone from project 69 but ive never looked at that server so dunno if its good or not, just know its been up ages. I know ben has said he won't work on another server when he closes 4H/it dies.

Hey, mabye i'm talking **** and all ive posted was a complete waste of time and the worst idea in the world but meh, its my opinion.

Last edited:

elohelMeight

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 8, 2004
Surrey
Lol'd @ this thread.

You can't say Mir isn't dying, just look at LOMCN ffs.

2/3 years ago there was a new server every other week, you're lucky to get a new server every month nowdays. As for the amount of users partaking in these private servers, I'm sure the number has atleast halved in the past 2/3 years.

Although, this doesn't mean a 1.9 server won't be as popular as 2.3/2.6. I'd play 1.9 purely because I loved Toro & other servers alike. The server would have to be rather good for me to stay there, but I would atleast give it a try.

Lone

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 15, 2007
Mir has started "dying" a lot quicker the past few months tbh, mainly due to a lack of servers. Just look back before christmas, MR HR was hitting around 100 users, MR Evo was hitting over 100 users, MR Extreme was hitting roughly 40-50 (rough guess) MR LR was hitting 20-30? (again rough guess) 4H HR was hitting over 100, and there was a couple of other backstream servers floating about. Granted there was probably a sizeable overlap of users on the MR servers, but still your looking at over 400 users daily, mabye close to 500.
Now we're talking 250 max i'd say in a day. Thats a 50% drop.
Several things can be easily done and a few not so easily done to improve this imo.

Someone code a decent set of 2.6 files and release to the public. (I beleive TD is working on 2.6 files)

Bring other games to LOMCN to increase traffic flow

Dont exactly know the ins and outs of things like this but, someone with a **** load of money buy the rights to mir, advertise it properly and get a proper good team of coders and server runners who have time on their hands and know something about mir (people like matt, jamieM,td,ben, preacher, lone, hell mabye even someone from project 69 but ive never looked at that server so dunno if its good or not, just know its been up ages. I know ben has said he won't work on another server when he closes 4H/it dies.

Hey, mabye i'm talking **** and all ive posted was a complete waste of time and the worst idea in the world but meh, its my opinion.

If TDs working on some 2.6 files that brilliant news.

As for woking with others on a server, I'd be happy to do it but its a matter of time, with our own servers out there at the moment everyones got their hands full.

with the recent addition of a test server to MMORPG Geek, Im also spending time helping my GMs learn how to code npc script and work with drop files/database etc so hopefully when they are fed up or being a GM on my servers they will be part of the new blood of players that break out away from players into the realms of hosting.

Also theres not a hope on earth that i would ever want to work with Jamie again, He stole from me and lied about me in the same way he did about Cronus/Hollywood and good knows how many other players.

also hes going to be busy looking for a way to make some money really, seeing as he had ploughed all his funds in to this magical new version of mir he was having coded and doesnt have enough cash to get it finished off, which is amusing really after the monumental claims that he used to make about his income. He is being taken to court by ClanPlanet due to still oweing them over £1000 for old hosting fees (the first i heard about it was when they cut off all MR servers, which is why i took out my own contract and recovered the servers before they were wiped.) I'm also 150% sure Ben wouldnt work with Jamie unless he was threatened with hot wooden spoons being poked into his eyes and tbh i think he would probably still not want to work with him.

buuuuut dont forget this isnt the first time there has been a lul in servers, not that long ago (just before LowRate opened) there was pretty much only MR and OldSkool.

and then the 2.6 files showed up and there was an instant flurry of interest and then people realised that recoding them is actually alot more time consuming and complicate than first thought and only a select few kept going (lol with all my knowledge of 1.4/1.9/2.3 i looked at the 2.6 and didnt have a clue where to start so i cant wait till TD gets a release out (is there anywhere we can go to thank him for the efforts??)

all in all i have a feeling things will pick up again, If theres new files being written then that means there will be renewed interest as soon as people realise they are now managable ;-)

has anyone ever done any research on what sort of servers people want??

i know that there is a Hardcore die hard fans of both Low rates and high rate servers (the trick is not to brand the Low rate servers as "Low Rate" which is why our low rate servers is currently being re done and will be relaunched with a whole new feel as Legend Reborn probably at the end of june ^.^ it is a 2.3 server so sorry to people wanting a 1.9 server. I've also had to tun my test server over to LR this weekend because it needs some extensive tests >.< so i dont actually have a spare server to host one on >.< so back to the searching lol