New Revolt Gaming PC! [Console Sized]

Join Discord

Voya

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 15, 2008
USA
iBUYPOWER Defines Next-Gen PC Gaming With the New Revolt
Elevate above the ordinary: iBUYPOWER is proud to be ushering in a new era of PC gaming lifestyle. Announcing a revolutionary new gaming experience: the Revolt. Designed to combat the stale black and beige box image of desktop PCs, the Revolt combines radical chassis design and re-engineered internal components to create the most exciting PC gaming experience in existence.

"We didn't look to the industry for inspiration when we were developing Revolt. What we looked for was the burning question of, what would we like to have on our own desks? We wanted to shake up the industry and make something beautiful. This is what Revolt is," said Darren Su, Co-Founder and VP of iBUYPOWER.

The Revolt is designed from the ground up to be the system you want to show off. Despite its unassuming size, there's nothing unassuming about it. Exclusively powered by the latest NVIDIA GeForce GTX graphics and the fastest Intel CPUs available, Revolt propels effortlessly through the most demanding games.

"iBUYPOWER is a leader in system innovation and we are thrilled to see our GeForce GPUs used in a truly unique gaming product like iBUYPOWER's Revolt," said Scott Herkelman, general manager of the GeForce business unit at NVIDIA."

Key advancements in system design include liquid cooling, compact and efficient power supply, advance component support and layout.

Designing from the ground up was just the beginning. The Revolt introduces a radically new overall design, focusing on both jaw dropping design on its exterior and interior. As sleek andclean as it is on the exterior, Revolt is equally well designed on the interior. iBUYPOWER throws out the old, and brings forward an integrated lighting system and aggressive chassis design to add an edge to the most hardened PC gaming bunkers. The Revolt's atmospheric lighting system is customizable in color and in mode, so gamers will have a blast integrating it into their lifestyle.

Efficient cooling design. True to iBUYPOWER's gaming and enthusiast roots, Revolt was designed with overclocking as a key design spec. The Revolt's cooling profile remains superior to many full-size desktops, thanks to a highly efficient design – all key performance components are cooled through specific airflow channels. The chassis structure also minimizes noise generation from excess fans common in standard gaming desktops. To maximize CPU overclocking ability, Revolt is liquid cooled with a full-size 140 mm radiator.

Elevate to a truly custom system. The Revolt demonstrates improvements beyond a custom chassis and layout. While still fitting most standardized components for future user upgrades, the Revolt includes a number of customized internal components designed to maximize usability, stability, and overclockability. The mini-iTX motherboard and internal peripherals are specially designed to enhance the functionality of the system, with user-installable upgrades and overclocking features.

Power up. The Revolt is powered internally through a redesigned server-class power supply. This server-based approach puts efficiency, reliability, and true power output at the forefront, opposing the cost-cutting and relabeling common in many consumer power supplies. The Revolt's power supply is made with advanced materials to enhance efficiency thereby reducing heat output and improving its cooling characteristics.

The Revolt is available for pre-order and will be shipping in February 2013.
Information was Found: Here

System Specs!

Revolt R320
Intel® Core™ i3-3220 Processor
4GB DDR3-1600 High Performance Memory
Intel® Integrated HD Graphics 2500
ASRock B75M-ITX USB3.0/SATA-III MB
500GB 7200rpm SATA-III 6Gb/s Hard Drive
SONY Slim Slot DVDRW
Windows 8 + Office 2010 Trial
Revolt Mini Tower Gaming Case
Price: 499$

Revolt R550
Intel® Core™ i5-3350P Processor
NVIDIA GeForce® GTX650 1GB
ASRock B75M-ITX USB3.0/SATA-III MB
500GB 7200rpm SATA-III 6Gb/s Hard Drive
SONY Slim Slot DVDRW

Price: 649$

Revolt R570
Intel® Core™ i5-3570K Processor
NVIDIA GeForce® GTX660 2GB
iBUYPOWER IBP-Z77E/S USB3.0/SATA-III MB
1TB 7200rpm SATA-III 6Gb/s Hard Drive
SONY Slim Slot DVDRW
Price: 899$

Also found: Here

Snufkin

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 27, 2011
I like the form factor but not the price. Oh wait it's in dollars...

Voya

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 15, 2008
USA
I like the form factor but not the price. Oh wait it's in dollars...

Yea :)
I'm American, this is an AMAZING deal from what I've been looking at.
The 659$ one is the one I'm planning on getting!
Say's that it will play BlackOps2 on Ultra..

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
Yea :)
I'm American, this is an AMAZING deal from what I've been looking at.
The 659$ one is the one I'm planning on getting!
Say's that it will play BlackOps2 on Ultra..

My phone could probably play Black Ops 2 on Ultra, shitty outdated engine.

Just build a desktop, this will only just out-perform a laptop - depending on what laptop.

Not to mention the cooling will be an issue - they can throw whatever they want at it but something packed in that small will have issues with a half-decent GPU (which a 1GB GPU will be outdated this year I expect so if you're desperate to buy one of these go for the 2GB 660).

Voya

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 15, 2008
USA
My phone could probably play Black Ops 2 on Ultra, shitty outdated engine.

Just build a desktop, this will only just out-perform a laptop - depending on what laptop.

Not to mention the cooling will be an issue - they can throw whatever they want at it but something packed in that small will have issues with a half-decent GPU (which a 1GB GPU will be outdated this year I expect so if you're desperate to buy one of these go for the 2GB 660).

That the good thing about it!

Revolt
- Up to 140mm
- 36% more cooling area Break the limits with Revolt's powerful new cooling system.
Despite its small size, Revolt supports a 140mm liquid cooler,
which has 36% more cooling area than a standard 120mm
liquid cooler. Run cooler, overclock higher, and get better
performance with Revolt's cooling system.

Look at the Features before bashing please :)
Comes standard with a 3yr warranty aswell..
And my budget is 600-660$.. So this is the best option for my pricerange.

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
Doesn't matter, something inside such a small case will have heat problems, heat needs to be dissipated correctly - especially in a system which will have a heavy load (I.E - gaming).

Heat from the GPU, CPU, PSU and the RAM inside such a small case with only 1 fan? No thanks!

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Windows 8 cost more then every component in that PC.

Custom build one.

I also agree with JealY about the heat.

Last edited:

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
I love how you say you're on a budget yet you're going with a pre-built Intel machine?

Turrican

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2012
UK
while i agree with building your own pc is more bang for your buck, its also good to see more company's working towards getting pc gaming back out there, with this / steam box (coming soon) the future of pc gaming is looking slightly better.

Voya

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 15, 2008
USA
Theres ventilation all over the PC... and i know nothing about building PCs and Win8/Win7 64 Bit comes free on this..

Foopah

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 7, 2011
Livingston
This looks like a great idea (at first) but what happens when you want to upgrade? Also the cooling issues that have been pointed out already... I bet you could find an equally powerful rig (or better) for the same price if you look around some computer parts websites, hell you can even find lots of company's that make pre-build rigs etc for less money and better specs.

My rig was a pre-build from Vi-box. £345 = 4.2 ghz quad core, 2gb HD GPU, 2tb HDD, 8gb ram... Oh and my case has loads of room for expansions and i have been throwing around the idea of getting another 2gb GPU and X-firing them once I get a more powerful PSU. At this moment in time £345 = $535.47 so well within your budget.

Look around, it's amazing what you can find.

Also, to me this seems like an attempt to get more people into pc gaming... Sorry (lazy console gamers) into pc gaming. This will probably fail, mainly due to the reason consoles don't come out every year... Who want's to spend £400-£500 a year buying a new console? (Or in this case "PC")

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Nice looking machine and price. but another contender has tobe the Alienware X51 http://www.dell.com/uk/p/alienware-x51-r2/fs .

Its more expensive but its like owning a £5.99 watch vs's £1000 watch both dose same thing but one look's damn sexier then the other...

For revolts top model its dearer then alienwares top spec. that's very strange alienware has always been expensive in the computer market

Last edited: