New Server Underway...

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
I have been granted the facilities that I require by the FourHeroes Team, Project Updates will initially be posted Here how ever I shall be updating this thread for the time being.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Why dont you just use a free wordpress blog or something.

I am unfamiliar with what it is. I don't have to manage anything other then two small sections, and I believe people are more comfortable on a forum with polls / threads.

Kani

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 8, 2007
Lol, great work so far, like others i cant help but check forum every other day to see your process. Hope you don't get bored half way through!

same, im interested in the updates he gives even though i don't understand code :P

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Progress Update [07/04/2010]

Completed
Create character - Server side
Send Character List to client (Server Side)
If another user logs on to your account, you are disconnected with a message of what IP disconnected you.
Anti Hack/Error messages in place.
Character List - (Client side)
Logout Button working.
Create Character (Client Side)

MutantlX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2004
Newcastle
I have been granted the facilities that I require by the FourHeroes Team, Project Updates will initially be posted Here how ever I shall be updating this thread for the time being.

Say bye to the files now peeps. Four heroes are edging in on them.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton

Please take your useless, off topic opinion elsewhere, thanks.

Keep up the good work Jamie don't take notice of these Baka's ;) - You should know what that word means :P

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003

tbh i think matts files are better off.

yes jamie has done nice work but nothing like trusting your own coder,never who can code backdoors or what not

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Me and 300 of my Mates in BW.
[youtube]YN0c3WQoEsw[/youtube]

And no The files will be public when I've attempted to run a server with them, We won't know how good/useless/crap they are until then.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Connection Test

I have just had a successful connection test over the Internet, Preacher Kindly took his time and had some patients with me, after a few attempts we gave up and I was led believe my router was the cause.

I then spent 130 quid for a new router and next day delivery before 10AM, first 5 minutes of the router set-up Preacher again let me his time had connected made an account and character, Result.

I may look at future connection tests.

Kani

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 8, 2007
Connection Test

I have just had a successful connection test over the Internet, Preacher Kindly took his time and had some patients with me, after a few attempts we gave up and I was led believe my router was the cause.

I then spent 130 quid for a new router and next day delivery before 10AM, first 5 minutes of the router set-up Preacher again let me his time had connected made an account and character, Result.

nice :O

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
Connection Test

great work!

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
I am using Network stream with tcpClient/ tcpListener .

With strict data size, making packet editing quiet tricky.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Users can Delete Characters.
Option to disable Characters from being deleted (Server Owners).
Began coding the start button. (Character Data from the server, Map Name, Location, Direction etc.. etc.. etc..).

The complex thing I was working on yesterday, although nothing visible yet. It looks promising for me to use Official Mir 3 Maps, and a strong possibility of Mir 3 Spells, Armours, Mobs.

When I get around to doing more of the Mir 3 side I will let you know more.

When I have finished the character data, I will move on to the in game stuff such as what moved when and where etc.. etc.. etc..

after that I will look at getting a few people in game together at the same time.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
i think he means packets, but in any case i dont think it made sense :P

Status
Not open for further replies.