new server

smoochy boys on tour

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
im hoping for a high rate.....

I want something I can jump in and play for a few hours and not waste 6 weeks just to get a great axe and tdb.

Violent

Drinker Of Tea
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2008
Sheffield, UK
im hoping for a high rate.....

I want something I can jump in and play for a few hours and not waste 6 weeks just to get a great axe and tdb.
What if a server the server had such a huge veriety of items and spells that waiting for a great axe and tdb wasn't an issue? Does anyone really want to be grinding for the same old **** they have done before?

LOMValkyrie

Known Cheater
Oct 31, 2018
high rate, low rate, mid rate...

its just numbers it means nothing really what you see in game, it all boils down to the amount of content and activities in game during levels to make sure
the player doesn't feel bored.

Reactions: babygurl30

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND
high rate, low rate, mid rate...

its just numbers it means nothing really what you see in game, it all boils down to the amount of content and activities in game during levels to make sure
the player doesn't feel bored.

I've heard this being said 9000 times over the years and it annoys me every time I see it. Obviously it makes a difference. In terms of how it effects the general game play then no it does not matter, but higher rates create a sense of progression that is simply not possible with lower rates. This is due to the limitations in terms of what you can use to provide that sense of progression once character experience begins to hit a major slow.

LOMValkyrie

Known Cheater
Oct 31, 2018
isnt that what i just said? "it all boils down to the amount of content and activities in game during levels to make sure "

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND
isnt that what i just said? "it all boils down to the amount of content and activities in game during levels to make sure "

You're missing the point. At a certain stage on a low rate server you become very limited to the amount of content you can add which provides the same level of progression that you are able to provide on a high rate server.

ipwnu

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2015
problem with low rates is we are all used to having high skills now. No one has got time to level for 6 months to maybe get meteor strike when most servers aren't lasting that long

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Meh, progression being fast doesn't make a server a high rate, how Valk V1 had it was really nice where 80 was level 40 euro but all the HP / MP gain etc was all in-line with euro, the progression felt like a Med rate when in reality when pvping i was just pushing out level 35 numbers around level 70.

All down to people being lazy with their server's imo, fast progression does not have to mean high rate or med.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
On a high rate, it doesn't matter that much if the starting levels (for warrior until you get HM) are like on a stock client but for low, med rates that's deadly. Paradoxically, I found that high rate servers I played actually paid more attention to low levels item variety than many low, mid rate servers.

It is obvious, typical server owners find developing content (altering stock database) for starting levels boring. They develop for power players, for sharks, who muscle over those levels in their first short evening while for casuals like me it might take several sessions. Typically, I look around on a server I started on and see cost of pots @ stock client level, chestnut selling price stock, second bag tab purchase cost stock, tiger mount and related accessories @ stock client database, etc, etc.
Like at lower levels, when I still take some items back to town to sell, would it be too difficult to give items with added stats some extra markup in sell price?

Altering game parameters of this sort would at least give the impression that someone put some thought to server balancing or at least to make it interesting, even if its obvious, such balancing will likely have even worse results than shooting from waist. But even so, I would give the server owner points for effort.
I also wait for some new m2 server, recently tried to start on couple of those already running for some time and its no go on both for me.

Last edited:

Wummy

Majestic Mir 2
Dedicated Member
Aug 24, 2015
Majestic Town
ye erm played Chronicles 3 times, quit lol poop :), dont really like low rates tbh more of a fan of med-high

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
My main issue with HRs is it just always feels like the server is rushed (never played a good HR) and you tend to hit content walls pretty damn quickly, as you just storm through most things.