No sins on mir3 yet???

johnyl1

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 24, 2003
Portugal
Been a wile since mir3 was updated, last version i hosted was 3.55, is this the current most up to date working version?
Is there any version with the sin's on?

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
Been a wile since mir3 was updated, last version i hosted was 3.55, is this the current most up to date working version?
Is there any version with the sin's on?

I believe there is not, however Sam's shown that using his AM2 files they use for chronicles its possible too create a mir3 server using that they have. Which i think would actually be a nice idea.

reecew

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 23, 2010
Newcastle
ye it would be really nice to see sam make a mir3 server with sin's i can see this getting mir 3 back into gear its about time it got some attention with someone like sam he could really get the ball rolling but wouldn't chronicles get in the way of the project but if he is really dedicated then i could see it going along way with easy 300+ players

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
the main problem is we only have 1 coder that is interested in mir3.

we have enough past server admins still around that would be willing to help with the info needed. is Azura still working on the Delphi code still ?? it might be better if sam could give us a hand and get him in on the mir 3 side of his engine am sure things would move a lot faster

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
So we are prototyping the idea at the moment...

The Engine (Which could potentially change name if we continue with the project) already supports much of what a Mir3 server would require to run... The main things that would really need doing are:
  • Skills (from what I can tell, many are actually very similar to mir2 skills with slight alterations).
  • Element system (There is an element system already in the AM2 Engine, but its not the same).
  • Recoloring of Armours (This is potentially the hardest part... Doing it without effecting FPS).

Other than this you have smaller pieces of work e.g. interface, refinery, daily quest (although this is very much something I would like to add to Chronicles M2), etc.

Mobs are done, Shadows generate, Hums display correctly and in actual fact and this is something we hadn't appreciated... Chronicles actually feels much like Mir3 (we did a comparison of how it "felt" and there was very little difference once we have swapped to Mir3 Armours).

So there could be something on the horizon if there are people out there who want to play?

Sam

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
So we are prototyping the idea at the moment...

The Engine (Which could potentially change name if we continue with the project) already supports much of what a Mir3 server would require to run... The main things that would really need doing are:
  • Skills (from what I can tell, many are actually very similar to mir2 skills with slight alterations).
  • Element system (There is an element system already in the AM2 Engine, but its not the same).
  • Recoloring of Armours (This is potentially the hardest part... Doing it without effecting FPS).

Other than this you have smaller pieces of work e.g. interface, refinery, daily quest (although this is very much something I would like to add to Chronicles M2), etc.

Mobs are done, Shadows generate, Hums display correctly and in actual fact and this is something we hadn't appreciated... Chronicles actually feels much like Mir3 (we did a comparison of how it "felt" and there was very little difference once we have swapped to Mir3 Armours).

So there could be something on the horizon if there are people out there who want to play?

Sam

I would play o/

And I'm sure there is plenty others who would. However I would rather it didn't have archer >.<

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
I would play o/

And I'm sure there is plenty others who would. However I would rather it didn't have archer >.<

Don't think Mir3 have an archer? I think if we was going to choose a version to go with it would be WeMade's lol... Learning from that mistake at the moment on Chronicles.

Sam

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
there was a post not to long ago about some files but they wanted something silly like 30k euros

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Don't think Mir3 have an archer? I think if we was going to choose a version to go with it would be WeMade's lol... Learning from that mistake at the moment on Chronicles.

Sam

I'd hazard a guess archers come to mir3 within the next 6-8 months. They're due their next patch soon, and were about a year behind mir2 adding the assassin class. I'm hoping they do add archer as mir3 could do with another decent patch.

Sedge

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 27, 2009

Sam

I can imagine you would have a lot of people willing to play a Mir 3 server with the assassin class, players are crying out for it!

ventus

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 17, 2013
If you are going to eventually get an mir 3 server up Sam, chronicles will most likely die out. Do we stop playing chronicles and wait for this new project? Feels like we are at a cross roads. Id rather you spend all your time on just one project, If this mir 3 project is up and coming I think it maybe time to stop investing time into leveling on chronicles.

If it is on the horizon, I would definitely play over mir2.

Last edited:

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
If you are going to eventually get an mir 3 server up Sam, chronicles will most likely die out. Do we stop playing chronicles and wait for this new project? Feels like we are at a cross roads. Id rather you spend all your time on just one project, If this mir 3 project is up and coming I think it maybe time to stop investing time into leveling on chronicles.

If it is on the horizon, I would definitely play over mir2.

Well.. Chronicles is up and will stay up as long as players will play, this project is a prototype and my commitments to Chronicles come first.

I would like to say I could dedicate myself to it, but, Chronicles will come first.

Sam