ok this here eiserver and mir exe's fixed

smoochy boys on tour

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
this one doesnt work at all for me. jus comes up with windows error. you dont even get to the window bit. Anyone else hav this problem?

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
ye for sum reason it had put itself back on lol.

you got this eiserver to fully work?

Ging3r

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 18, 2004
Yeah
There still a prob with Sabukwall tho.

oh and the reason for SSDP Discovery Service restarting was prob because you didn't go in the Log on tab in properties and select disable which will stop it from restarting every time you log on.

Last edited:

Nightwolf

Developer
VIP
Jul 16, 2003
Manchester, UK
ok here what you got todo in RunGate folder and in the mirgate.ini change the port from 5010 to 5000 then in
D:\Mud3\Mir300\Notice\ change !Notice!.txt to eiserves.txt then the last thing change in
D:\Mud3\Mir300\ make a folder call Market then add them 3 other folders in
market_saved market_prices and market_upg

DarkFX

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 15, 2003
ok so exactly what's different with these files compared to the old ones? do the new spells work? insant run? what...

mauldor

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2003
I found a bug in the anti cheat and so far found this on all latest server - either translated or not so nothing Nightwolf has done - phew). If you stick on Att Speed Kit and start hitting something - then the server says [11000 - Hit] Name and on the client side, you stop for a milli second and then continue hitting. SO basically it is seeing att Speed as a speed cheat and is stopping you dead...

Now onto Sabuk - It says as you enter the castle WARZONE - great so it fixed that bit if nothing else. You go kill your doors and you Still cannot enter the damm palace.

Now i did my testing as GM, would this make a difference? Does it matter how many walls you place? I mean by this i had main doors, left, center and Right wall out - no guards or archers at this time.

Certain Server Have this running fine and from what i could tell this happened (sorry to turn this into a Sabuk Thread but it needs answering i guess) - they have 3 Walls - which are not called walls but Solid Lions. Once you kill the lions THEN you can enter the palace. I saw no reference to doors - im guessing they made a mob called SolidLion and put that in every line instead of Walls.

Can ANYBODY who has it working give us a clue as what the hell you supposed to do - so that people can have a war?

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
still cant get in :(. just keeps saying wrong version of mir.dat and cuts out. Any ideas? and yes, i am using the same mir3.exe with mir3.dat

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
still nothing. i downloaded that mir3.exe, i download your fully translated eiserver. i put mir3.exe in the mir200 and do the !setup.txt thing to it. I moved all the market things and the notice thing u said. i change the rungate port. But it still when i go in game it comes up with red writing and cuts me off.

mauldor

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2003
Definatly works cos im using it also. All you got to do is make sure the MIR3 EXE runs on the client side and the very same MIR3.EXE is reference in the Setup file as said and is on the server side in the MIR3 Directory.

Is it only you thats having this problem or people trying to connect to your game (if you are running a Live server that is)?

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
im running it on 127.0.0.1 ip, and my 2 .exes are exactly the same lol, to even make sure i set the mir3.exe in !setup.txt to read from my client folder. Still same thing happens. I didnt use a different db. does that make a diff?

greymouser

this works for me just as described, but I get some oddness... all of my files are MSRF2.9b except for this eiserver.exe and mir3.exe, as well I loaded the MSRF2.9b database into sqlserver.

Logged into game and created a test char (wiz)... All the items in game show with !! before the name like !!candle. The wooden sword has WAY wrong graphic in inventory and same graphic when in hand. (think its a judgement graphic but no clue really cause I'm new to mir totally) I understand the graphic could be client side since my client has been patched for mirworld exclusively...

Now the biggest oddness of all... My level 1 wiz has 1109 HP!!! I'm like WTF? hehe Could this be something hexed in the server exe?

Could someone point me to a DB more recent & complete than the MSRF2.9b one? Please? :) TIA

mauldor

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2003
I have fixed the Wizzy / TAO starting at Stupid Ubder HP/MP - see my post on 2004 version (though you already have this Now GrayMouse) - the !! at the start of the Items is wierd and as yet aint got around to looking for that and fixing...

mauldor

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2003
farril said:
im running it on 127.0.0.1 ip, and my 2 .exes are exactly the same lol, to even make sure i set the mir3.exe in !setup.txt to read from my client folder. Still same thing happens. I didnt use a different db. does that make a diff?

I dont think the Server takes any notice to be honest of the setup file in reference to the MIR3 CLient your running - as proven on MSRF 2.9 where people where getting in Via the INstalled MIR3.exe as comes with client - these version i think have XXX number of Bytes at the end to match the client used (size of).

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
I have just found out why it isnt working for me.
For some reason even if i load mir3.exe, it automatically runs off mir4.exe and when i take out mir4.exe it wont let me run it as it says its missing the needed file. Is there anyway to fix this?

buzznett

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 11, 2003
Has anybody found whats causing that [11000 - Hit] problem yet?

mauldor

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2003
One guess could be :

HumLimit=30
MonLimit=30
ZenLimit=30
NpcLimit=5
SocLimit=30
DecLimit=10
UserFull=150
ZenFastStep=300
SendBlock=1000
CheckBlock=8000
AvailableBlock=50
GateLoad=0

The avil block on mine was oring 300 - maybe it was trying to send out too much data for my connection?

thedeath

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 26, 2003
farril said:
I have just found out why it isnt working for me.
For some reason even if i load mir3.exe, it automatically runs off mir4.exe and when i take out mir4.exe it wont let me run it as it says its missing the needed file. Is there anyway to fix this?
tried running -u?
my guess is your exe first runs autopatch which is configured to use mir4.exe instead of mir3.exe :p
so mir3.exe runs autopatch.exe and closes itself
then when autopatch is finished opens mir4.exe and closes itself