ok this here eiserver and mir exe's fixed

smoochy boys on tour

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
well i got past that, by simply renaming the new mir.exe to mir4.exe, and i get to login screen. but now i cant get past there. i enter user and pass, when i click enter i loose a letter off my password, and it just keep flippin back and forth through ID and pass boxes..

any ideas lol?

25gee

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 6, 2003
that usually happens if ip or names wrong when i try playingprivate servers on net and lan but apart from that not sure cause im newish to ei soz=/

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
my ip and names correct coz it works when i simply change the exe. ;)

Bane

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 30, 2004
You need to disable the SSDP Discovery Service and it should work.

where would i find this

Bane

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 30, 2004
well my prob is i get as far as when the notice is suposto come up and you click it and enter all i get is a black screen

Sesshoumaru

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 15, 2003
Tryed with these new ei server exe thingys
when I do, gate refuse to open, or open close in a micro second after a loooong wait

so for now, I run with the old ones, but would appreciate if someone who runs with it, would post both the guranteed to work, and explanation of any changes needed (tryed eralier explanation in post, still didnt work)

Edit:
Just noticed somethin funnie.
Original size of EI server exe 1,12mb. This server exe 1,15mb
That be correct???

Last edited:

halflife

lol ripman ur server is the worst server ever made!

u gave items to your mates lmfao u even admited it on forum but uve delted that all now

well he didnt admit it he said 'his fiends hacked him' his friends? so why didnt u check the logs, also why havnt u banned them nd delted the items nd exp they made

cos ur a crap gm crappest ever!

logic3

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 17, 2003
greymouser said:
Logged into game and created a test char (wiz)... All the items in game show with !! before the name like !!candle. The wooden sword has WAY wrong graphic in inventory and same graphic when in hand. (think its a judgement graphic but no clue really cause I'm new to mir totally) I understand the graphic could be client side since my client has been patched for mirworld exclusively...

i have the same problem however my client hasnt been patched at all. Any ideas?