OldSkool Mir (v2) - Release 20th January 7pm

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Important
Recent reports of user count alterations (Under review 08/04/23)

Item selling fees have increased to 20% from 10% at launch.

Belle

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 25, 2019
Auto is such a good feature but actually playing yourself will always be best obviously.

Reactions: Vyse

Peter_Hoff

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 22, 2010
just thought id create a bit more drama, been a bit dry recently since Win got banned :cool:

Honestly doesnt matter what I say... just proves people will think what they want and make their own assumptions, at least the usual people anyway.
Funny that the usual people baited right into that one tho :ROFLMAO:

Its pretty clear from some of the posts on this thread that there is NO changing peoples minds.
Its apparently a pyramid scheme - regardless of how idiotic that is, there is no proof
Apparently I'm corrupt and sell items - but no proof
Apparently this server will have exploits and bugs - because past servers have
Post automatically merged:

has the salt got worse since your usercount dropped more? QQ
Nice save, once you realised you'd put your foot in it 👍

Reactions: mistodon

ibby

I'm a massive prick
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2017
Honestly at first I really disliked the feature because of fake inflation of bots.
But then I realized it most probably put to dirt (I really hope so) those levelers that literally ruin mir servers with their 1.5gbp/hour 24/7 rotation.

Not bad...
This auto combat is a life saver, I don’t need a lvler no more it’s actually really decent, not broken too as u can die etc run out of pots

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
I love the auto, tao is working really well, no paid lvlers which is great for Mir.

Please add to all servers 😎

Wummy

Majestic Mir 2
Dedicated Member
Aug 24, 2015
Majestic Town
Timeline:
OS announced with auto combat
Thread posted to get OS banned for auto combat
Abuse given to OS for "ruining mir"
OS launches
positive feedback about auto combat + high usercount
... 1 month later
all servers now have auto combat
:cool:
We all knew a few whos gonna copy auto combat… 🤣🤣

• Haha

theduke

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 5, 2006
quite a chilled fun server i cant stop playing. Would happily buy plenty of GG but no chance im messing about with the crypto shite

James

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 31, 2010
I don't see the buzz of auto combat, whats the point of playing? basically might as well be @level whatever and get gave kit?

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
I don't see the buzz of auto combat, whats the point of playing? basically might as well be @level whatever and get gave kit?
Not really though...

You still have to log on, you still have to check inventory (if using pig to collect stuff), you still have to check if pots are running low and if you die, you still have to set back up, go to a cave and enable Auto.

It's a good exp/quest grind - That's it really.
It's not something you use to get good kit or kill bosses.

Reactions: Belle

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda

It purely takes the grind away while your not at the PC.

It’s much faster to manual lure and kill.

You can only auto loot a bags worth then you would need to disenchant, codex etc.. manual is better here too.

You will 100% die or be pked if in an area above your limits.

It’s a good..no il say it..it’s the best QOL feature to come to a private server for years.

Reactions: Vyse and Belle

Belle

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 25, 2019
Like herc says auto is a very good feature, for just a casual player who has a life it helps a lot.
Manual will always be better.
Post automatically merged:

The codex is also a good feature, I know Jamie had this too but I never played that.

Last edited:

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
It purely takes the grind away while your not at the PC.

It’s much faster to manual lure and kill.

You can only auto loot a bags worth then you would need to disenchant, codex etc.. manual is better here too.

You will 100% die or be pked if in an area above your limits.

It’s a good..no il say it..it’s the best QOL feature to come to a private server for years.

Thats a perfect summery of why its a nice QOL and doesn't defeat the purpus of playing manual. Honestly Bon played Mir4 with belle and the rest of us their is a number of quality features within that game that could transfer well into both mir2/3 server and a lot of freshness to a community thats gotten a bit toxic and stuck in its ways when it comes to change.

But look at the UC on this server sure some of it will be alts but its probably the most active server I've seen on here in years. Hopefully MirM contains further systems that would transfer over to Mir2/3 to further customise the server.

Heck if Bon wanted he could totally do a reputation codex using Monster Booty its about time that booty had an actual function in the game other than selling it for a pittancy to the shop. 😂

Reactions: Belle

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Auto Play has really surprised me to be fair.

Thought I'd take a look at the server and get some ideas to take back my own (always do!)

Auto Play doesn't take from the game at all; it just acts as a great 'casual enhancer'.
I can't actively play mir much as life, my own server etc take over.

I'm nearly 71 with good kit atm (as when I get chances here n there, I can pull items, gun for bosses/pvp, maintain my piggy to pickup stuff).
You get PKed depending on where you auto play (as it's mir) and obviously pvp is all about being at the keyboard!

Depending on the work involved, definitely a feature I would be highly considering.

@Bon Thanks for proving my thoughts completely wrong on Auto-Play, happy to admit when my initial reaction was off the mark!

(P.S. I had the codex on my server already, we stole that from Mir4!)

Reactions: Bon

Grumpycookie

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2004
same old people moaning i see

my thoughts about OldSkool

Auto combat isn't what its knocked up to be, it has its pros and cons. Always wake up dead or after n hour (popping to shop come home dead) cause every map has a sub or boss which owns your arse no doubt later game that wont be a issue. or get PKED with 400+ ACTIVE users. ur arse is getting handed 2 u. has a tao player i dont find Auto combat that useful :/

u gotta actually work to get level 1-70 taken me 3 days with NO exp pot. leveling paragon is a whole different story that's gonna take me a little longer

can only buy 1 2x hour EXP A DAY 100G. thats not even a quid... and u can buy GG with gold from people. only people thats reaching 80+ are paid levelers
so leveling isn't P2W(u get paid levelers on every server thats not BONS fault)

pets u can get for free. everything on game shop is gold if not u can buy with cash like pads 4quid or gold 4M.. cheapest server i ever played for pads lol

u got plenty of content to chew thru so many leveling areas, instances, boss raids,

only thing i don't like about OldSkool is

I CANNOT DONATE I WANT GAME GOLD :( and i arent messing around with crypto i dont want nothing to do with it.. but that's just my personal opinion people love it people hate it. and im in the bracket of hating it :ROFLMAO:

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
I CANNOT DONATE I WANT GAME GOLD :( and i arent messing around with crypto i dont want nothing to do with it.. but that's just my personal opinion people love it people hate it. and im in the bracket of hating it :ROFLMAO:

So on the Mir4 P-server their are Agents who will basically do the crypto side of things for you if you paypal them the money but obviously you would need bon to find someone trustworthy to handle that if he was ever to imploment it.

Other option is a friend who has crypto who you trust may do it for you if ya send them the cash first.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
same old people moaning i see

my thoughts about OldSkool

Auto combat isn't what its knocked up to be, it has its pros and cons. Always wake up dead or after n hour (popping to shop come home dead) cause every map has a sub or boss which owns your arse no doubt later game that wont be a issue. or get PKED with 400+ ACTIVE users. ur arse is getting handed 2 u. has a tao player i dont find Auto combat that useful :/

u gotta actually work to get level 1-70 taken me 3 days with NO exp pot. leveling paragon is a whole different story that's gonna take me a little longer

can only buy 1 2x hour EXP A DAY 100G. thats not even a quid... and u can buy GG with gold from people. only people thats reaching 80+ are paid levelers
so leveling isn't P2W(u get paid levelers on every server thats not BONS fault)

pets u can get for free. everything on game shop is gold if not u can buy with cash like pads 4quid or gold 4M.. cheapest server i ever played for pads lol

u got plenty of content to chew thru so many leveling areas, instances, boss raids,

only thing i don't like about OldSkool is

I get it. I mean you could jsut do what others are doing and sell items to get crypto into your wallet and then buy gg that way.
Someone sold an EXP Shard today for $20 was quite surprising lol.

Anyway if you ever need some help about it just ask on discord. Been many people not sure about it but have figured it out.
Quite a few people offering to buy crypto for people as well if you bank transfer or paypal friends & family etc

Nice to see someone saying its "cheap".. guess that proves the haters wrong that it aint a cash grab.
And nice to see positive comments now they've experienced stuff, other than the idiot that says its like @level.. honestly.......