OldSkool Mir (v2) - Release 20th January 7pm

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord
Important
Recent reports of user count alterations (Under review 08/04/23)

Item selling fees have increased to 20% from 10% at launch.

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
#HanysLifeMatters

You lot ever concidered that Ben is busy IRL Ya know working and stuff last I spoke to him he said he was swamped with work so of course he is going to get irate with people constantly bitchin on his discord at him to do this do that and its probably why Hany has been picking up the slack. (if their has been any)

Vaynes

Banned
Banned
Mar 4, 2022
#HanysLifeMatters

You lot ever concidered that Ben is busy IRL Ya know working and stuff last I spoke to him he said he was swamped with work so of course he is going to get irate with people constantly bitchin on his discord at him to do this do that and its probably why Hany has been picking up the slack. (if their has been any)

You ever considered that he runs a game he earns MONEY from, his users are entitled to opinions and if you was honest with yourself, he was lazy as ****. How slow were the changes he made? He did an update, and took 8 days to do the second part of the update. Your excuse is invalid, he earns money and people spend on it, they are customers and have every right to question/criticize changes. Nobody gives two ****s if he gets irate, if he was running a free to play server then fair enough, no obligation to answer for his stuff. But he isn't is he? If you went out and bought something, I'm sure you would have some level of expectations in regards to support/changes.

He literally decapitated his own UC by 60% by being small minded, he's just a typical god complex person. I doubt he's ever held down full time employment for long, a man of his age whose run numerous servers but so insecure that he has to lash out when people voice their opinions on his changes.

So what you call "bitchin" is paying people annoyed at his lack of effort, if you earned over 60k in 2 months on something you'd think you would sink so much time into it, but Ben is a a short term thinker. And incase you haven't realized mate, Ben is a glorified IT teacher and Hany does all the actual coding and work.

Regardless of all this, none of it justifies him taking my 400 mil because he can't handle criticism. And to the comment before yours, I quote Ben "TDB is the same as double slash" - that's the moment I realize, I was dealing with a low IQ individual. His TDB was hitting people for 9k :sleep:

• Carrot
Reactions: Vyse

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
I'm not defending him specifically here just want to say...

Yes players are entitled to their opinions and to voice them, doesn't give them the right to be toxic and abusive (regardless of who is running the server).

While this doesn't encapsulate everyone, when I did play OS (and was still in the discord) quote often the 'opinions' and 'feedback' had very little evidence to back them up, and some were just down right rude/abusive (and he responded in kind)

I know its repeating the same thing said for years; but try be constructive with feedback, don't be abusive, if they don't handle the feedback well, perhaps that's your answer on whether the GM is worth the time of day.

Reactions: blazee

blazee

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 3, 2012
Your excuse is invalid, he earns money and people spend on it, they are customers and have every right to question/criticize changes. Nobody gives two ****s if he gets irate, if he was running a free to play server then fair enough, no obligation to answer for his stuff. But he isn't is he? If you went out and bought something, I'm sure you would have some level of expectations in regards to support/changes.

I didn't read the entire essay cos I don't play OS and quite frankly couldn't care but this bit caught my attention.

It's free to download/login no? So in essence it's Free To Play if people decide to swipe credit cards that's their issue

Before any noise about having to pay to keep up that's a different argument to the 1 stated above there's no pay wall to download and play = F2P

Edit: I also completely agree with what light said above it's the way the keyboard warriors provide the feedback I think out of all the moans I've only ever seen 1-2 constructive posts about what the issue and how it can be resolved etc the rest is people being dicks

Vaynes

Banned
Banned
Mar 4, 2022
I didn't read the entire essay cos I don't play OS and quite frankly couldn't care but this bit caught my attention.

It's free to download/login no? So in essence it's Free To Play if people decide to swipe credit cards that's their issue

Before any noise about having to pay to keep up that's a different argument to the 1 stated above there's no pay wall to download and play = F2P

Edit: I also completely agree with what light said above it's the way the keyboard warriors provide the feedback I think out of all the moans I've only ever seen 1-2 constructive posts about what the issue and how it can be resolved etc the rest is people being dicks
You haven't played but if you did, you would understand there is an actual barrier that makes it P2W. You're talking in regards to principle but not reality - And I agree with LightBringer, but this isn't about anyone being toxic or insulting. And what blaze said makes zero sense, if you have a business which his server essentially is, you're absolutely within your right to an OPINION about what you're putting money into? It's literally the real world, I cannot believe people defend Ben. Like It's clear you were not in his discord, you shouldn't really have made any comment without knowing the context of it all.

My original point stands, he should not be stealing his own players gold due to criticism of his server. I never once insulted him, called him any names. I was actually very calm and logical in my feedback, by the way feedback that the majority in that discord agreed with. He banned many people out for not agreeing with him. But I care little about his fragile mind, and more about him not stealing from his own community for no justified reason.

And your argument to "F2P" is just a silly non realistic one. If I told you that you could pay 8 GBP per month and level 30x faster than if you didn't pay it. This is a barrier, so let's not talk technicality and talk reality.

Lose

Banned
Banned
Aug 13, 2020
You haven't played but if you did, you would understand there is an actual barrier that makes it P2W. You're talking in regards to principle but not reality - And I agree with LightBringer, but this isn't about anyone being toxic or insulting. And what blaze said makes zero sense, if you have a business which his server essentially is, you're absolutely within your right to an OPINION about what you're putting money into? It's literally the real world, I cannot believe people defend Ben. Like It's clear you were not in his discord, you shouldn't really have made any comment without knowing the context of it all.

My original point stands, he should not be stealing his own players gold due to criticism of his server. I never once insulted him, called him any names. I was actually very calm and logical in my feedback, by the way feedback that the majority in that discord agreed with. He banned many people out for not agreeing with him. But I care little about his fragile mind, and more about him not stealing from his own community for no justified reason.

And your argument to "F2P" is just a silly non realistic one. If I told you that you could pay 8 GBP per month and level 30x faster than if you didn't pay it. This is a barrier, so let's not talk technicality and talk reality.
Sounds like everyone's running away with the conversation into some sort of P2W conversation.

1. He currently holds 400mil of your gold that you spent £ on his server to generate to which you've reported and kindly asked for it back.
2. He won't response and blocked you as a result?

Theft. It's fairly simple, unless he responses telling you no or gives you what your owed, then it's currently theft. You've given him an opportunity to respond and requested it in a friendly manner.

But as we already know with LOMCN, there's no policing here or rules that anyone needs to abide.. so it's a free for all (unless you annoy an admin).

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
But as we already know with LOMCN, there's no policing here or rules that anyone needs to abide.. so it's a free for all (unless you annoy an admin).
Mad Salt GIF by Brimstone (The Grindhouse Radio, Hound Comics)

Vaynes

Banned
Banned
Mar 4, 2022
Sounds like everyone's running away with the conversation into some sort of P2W conversation.

1. He currently holds 400mil of your gold that you spent £ on his server to generate to which you've reported and kindly asked for it back.
2. He won't response and blocked you as a result?

Theft. It's fairly simple, unless he responses telling you no or gives you what your owed, then it's currently theft. You've given him an opportunity to respond and requested it in a friendly manner.

Exactly. I can even post a screenshot from a conversation of a friend asking to sort it (I couldn't as he blocked me) and Ben just replying with a laughing emoji and stating "shouldn't have been so critical" then saying Hany would sort it - clearly had no intention of this, and it's been over a week now lol.

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
You’re talking about rules that were created back in 2005, with minor adjustments since then.

The landscape of Mir or any game for that matter is forever changing and adapting.

I’m happy for you to write up a new set of rules for server owners and ping it over. I’ll have it checked by other staff members and we’ll go from there.

However,
I do personally see this as Theft if there is no terms of service/use for the server which directly address players gold/credits.

I’ll edit this post as I’m going to see if I can find any TOS.
Also for anyone claiming you can’t put a TOS in a Mir server, you can. It’s been done

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
@Vaynes

Did you buy gold within his site marketplace?
I may have missed it (don't mean for you to repeat yourself)

I know his marketplace did sometimes get transactions 'hung', I had a couple transactions 'stuck', which they did sort.

Again I don't support his reactions to you either, if you are owed 400mill, you should receive it (irrelevant of his opinion on you and vice versa)

Vaynes

Banned
Banned
Mar 4, 2022
@Vaynes

Did you buy gold within his site marketplace?
I may have missed it (don't mean for you to repeat yourself)

I know his marketplace did sometimes get transactions 'hung', I had a couple transactions 'stuck', which they did sort.

Again I don't support his reactions to you either, if you are owed 400mill, you should receive it (irrelevant of his opinion on you and vice versa)
No worries, will explain again.

When his server went to ****, I quit. I had 400 mil or so and put it on his market place, alongside a character I wasn't playing anymore. I put the gold up on my sin, which I still own. During this, he banned/blocked me on discord for stating my opinion. Sure anyone in the discord can see I never insulted him, was just making logical arguments and people were agreeing with me. So guess he just wanted to get rid of me - don't particularly care about this.

After a week or so, realized the gold wasn't selling. So I withdrew it off the market place, into the NFT storage. Then returned it to my character, it never came and got stuck - which hasn't happened before.

Obviously at this point, I couldn't ask for support with no access to the discord. I got a few people to mention it in his chat - he ignored it. So I got another mate to message him privately. His response to this was a laughing emoji followed with "He shouldn't have been so critical" then said Hany will sort it. This was well over a week ago.

If I'm being honest, the golds irrelevant, his servers trash and it'll die out probably in couple weeks. but the principle that a GM can legit just rob his own players cause he dislikes their opinions is retarded to me. So thought I'd call him out here, so everyone is aware of it. More than happy to post the discord conversation with his response to my mate when asked if he could sort it. It isn't news that Ben is a socially inept potato. But never really heard of GM's doing this in the various servers I've played.
Post automatically merged:

Also just like you lightbringer, last time I withdraw and it got stuck. They did sort it. Funnily enough they didn't sort this one though lol.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
No worries, will explain again.

When his server went to ****, I quit. I had 400 mil or so and put it on his market place, alongside a character I wasn't playing anymore. I put the gold up on my sin, which I still own. During this, he banned/blocked me on discord for stating my opinion. Sure anyone in the discord can see I never insulted him, was just making logical arguments and people were agreeing with me. So guess he just wanted to get rid of me - don't particularly care about this.

After a week or so, realized the gold wasn't selling. So I withdrew it off the market place, into the NFT storage. Then returned it to my character, it never came and got stuck - which hasn't happened before.

Obviously at this point, I couldn't ask for support with no access to the discord. I got a few people to mention it in his chat - he ignored it. So I got another mate to message him privately. His response to this was a laughing emoji followed with "He shouldn't have been so critical" then said Hany will sort it. This was well over a week ago.

If I'm being honest, the golds irrelevant, his servers trash and it'll die out probably in couple weeks. but the principle that a GM can legit just rob his own players cause he dislikes their opinions is retarded to me. So thought I'd call him out here, so everyone is aware of it. More than happy to post the discord conversation with his response to my mate when asked if he could sort it. It isn't news that Ben is a socially inept potato. But never really heard of GM's doing this in the various servers I've played.
Post automatically merged:

Also just like you lightbringer, last time I withdraw and it got stuck. They did sort it. Funnily enough they didn't sort this one though lol.

Aye sorry, I diverted OP going down a specific point before.

Hopefully it gets sorted.

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
You’re talking about rules that were created back in 2005, with minor adjustments since then.

The landscape of Mir or any game for that matter is forever changing and adapting.

I’m happy for you to write up a new set of rules for server owners and ping it over. I’ll have it checked by other staff members and we’ll go from there.

However,
I do personally see this as Theft if there is no terms of service/use for the server which directly address players gold/credits.

I’ll edit this post as I’m going to see if I can find any TOS.
Also for anyone claiming you can’t put a TOS in a Mir server, you can. It’s been done

Aye the rules were made in a different time before cash shops and discord were about since then this community has been on a downward trend and usually you can point fingers at the players who create all the drama on the discord and make the comunity more and more toxic, same with server creators who are just in it for the money Jesus was a prime example.

And well I agree with the consensus that if a server takes money then they should be obligated to provide a reasonble customer service and work to improve the gaming experience of all users that really isn't up to the community it all comes down to the owners.

what doesn't work is spamming them none stop or trying to get every other class your not playing nerfed and your own class buffed which is one of the main reasons I think most got banned off his discord well that and cheating/explioting.

as for what a reasonable time frame would be to respond who can say I had tickets in MIR4 that didn't get a responce until like 8 months later and that is a proper game not a P-server.

Anyway one thing is clear to me this forum doesn't have many years left imo too much toxic gamer mentality and entitlement unless we get the Mir4 files in the next few years I cannot see the remaining server creators bothering to make anything because the community just destroy the motivation to work on the server.

(anyone who plans to run a server in future I'd advise against using discord full stop not worth the headache).

Vaynes

Banned
Banned
Mar 4, 2022
Aye the rules were made in a different time before cash shops and discord were about since then this community has been on a downward trend and usually you can point fingers at the players who create all the drama on the discord and make the comunity more and more toxic, same with server creators who are just in it for the money Jesus was a prime example.

And well I agree with the consensus that if a server takes money then they should be obligated to provide a reasonble customer service and work to improve the gaming experience of all users that really isn't up to the community it all comes down to the owners.

what doesn't work is spamming them none stop or trying to get every other class your not playing nerfed and your own class buffed which is one of the main reasons I think most got banned off his discord well that and cheating/explioting.

as for what a reasonable time frame would be to respond who can say I had tickets in MIR4 that didn't get a responce until like 8 months later and that is a proper game not a P-server.

Anyway one thing is clear to me this forum doesn't have many years left imo too much toxic gamer mentality and entitlement unless we get the Mir4 files in the next few years I cannot see the remaining server creators bothering to make anything because the community just destroy the motivation to work on the server.

(anyone who plans to run a server in future I'd advise against using discord full stop not worth the headache).
Sounds like a whole lot of "I played Mir4 with Ben" to me.

Stop trying to justify thieving your own players. 8 months on an actual game with 1000s of players vs Ben's server that has about 100 people now. Get a grip, it's wrong. If you want to talk about the state of mir2 servers, do it in your own post.

Reactions: zedina

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
Sounds like a whole lot of "I played Mir4 with Ben" to me.

Stop trying to justify thieving your own players. 8 months on an actual game with 1000s of players vs Ben's server that has about 100 people now. Get a grip, it's wrong. If you want to talk about the state of mir2 servers, do it in your own post.

Jog On Muppet you don't own this forum or tell me or anyone else where we can or cannot post.

Also I wasn't on the same server as Ben for 80% of my time in MIR4 and I was refering to Mir2/3 community as both are just as toxic as you obviously are. And I never said him not sorting your issue out was right I was just pointing out that he is very busy IRL.

Vaynes

Banned
Banned
Mar 4, 2022
Jog On Muppet you don't own this forum or tell me or anyone else where we can or cannot post.

Also I wasn't on the same server as Ben for 80% of my time in MIR4 and I was refering to Mir2/3 community as both are just as toxic as you obviously are. And I never said him not sorting your issue out was right I was just pointing out that he is very busy IRL.
Get your mouth of his rectum mate.

So he's "busy" irl therefore can keep peoples gold? You sound like an idiot, stop embarrassing yourself. Trying to defend the indefensible it's pathetic. Ben is plenty of things corrupt/small minded/low IQ but a thief is what is being discussed here. If I wanted a response from his personal assistant mate I'll tag you, otherwise go post on a mir4 forum.

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
Get your mouth of his rectum mate.

So he's "busy" irl therefore can keep peoples gold? You sound like an idiot, stop embarrassing yourself. Trying to defend the indefensible it's pathetic. Ben is plenty of things corrupt/small minded/low IQ but a thief is what is being discussed here. If I wanted a response from his personal assistant mate I'll tag you, otherwise go post on a mir4 forum.

Again as I said you don't tell me what I can or cannot do end of the day you obviously know you did something to get banned off the discord and personally after replying to you and your childish responces on here I hope they don't sort it out for you because quite frankyly you sound like a right bellend.

fact of the matter was I ignored your first jab at me earlier and was talking to Jev not you and you took that oppertunity to have another pop and continue to do so its no wonder your account was only made in 2022 let me guess you got banned off here too for being a complete tosser as well? Keep it up and watch as they ban you again for it.

@ me again and I'll respond again its as simple as that and I'll keep responding for as long as I feel like it.

• Haha

Vaynes

Banned
Banned
Mar 4, 2022
Again as I said you don't tell me what I can or cannot do end of the day you obviously know you did something to get banned off the discord and personally after replying to you and your childish responces on here I hope they don't sort it out for you because quite frankyly you sound like a right bellend.

fact of the matter was I ignored your first jab at me earlier and was talking to Jev not you and you took that oppertunity to have another pop and continue to do so its no wonder your account was only made in 2022 let me guess you got banned off here too for being a complete tosser as well? Keep it up and watch as they ban you again for it.

@ me again and I'll respond again its as simple as that and I'll keep responding for as long as I feel like it.
1) Never got banned on here, just really haven't posted on LOMCN grandad
2) As I said, anyone is more than welcome to check that discord and see what I got banned for

And you've just proven that you think there's a world that exists where can just steal his players items or gold. And please learn to spell it's difficult to read, and you ignore auto correct - not great traits in a personal assistant for Ben. And I told you before, I don't even care if he gives it back or not. But now everyone know's this is the type of GM he is not like people rated him anyways but still lol.

I don't care if you keep typing mate, you're probably twice my age. This is embarrassing for you, not me. I'll reiterate the same point I've been making. He banned many people off that discord for the SAME reason - simply he doesn't like their opinion. So no it isn't "obvious" I got banned from his discord for doing something, but let's say for arguments sake I insulted his mother (I did not) does that give him the right to rob his players? Surely ban me in game if I did something so horrendous (He hasn't banned me in game at all).

Let me break it down so your pea sized brain can understand what you're trying to defend:

I bought up valid concerns about his server (many people agreed) > he got emotional and blocked me then banned me from the discord (alongside several people) > I sold my gold on his market place, it didn't sell so I withdrew it and it got stuck > My mate messaged him and he laughed, saying "shouldn't have been so critical of the server"

His response alone clearly shows I didn't do anything wrong. So clean your mouth, get off your knees old man.

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
1) Never got banned on here, just really haven't posted on LOMCN grandad
2) As I said, anyone is more than welcome to check that discord and see what I got banned for

And you've just proven that you think there's a world that exists where can just steal his players items or gold. And please learn to spell it's difficult to read, and you ignore auto correct - not great traits in a personal assistant for Ben. And I told you before, I don't even care if he gives it back or not. But now everyone know's this is the type of GM he is not like people rated him anyways but still lol.

I don't care if you keep typing mate, you're probably twice my age. This is embarrassing for you, not me. I'll reiterate the same point I've been making. He banned many people off that discord for the SAME reason - simply he doesn't like their opinion. So no it isn't "obvious" I got banned from his discord for doing something, but let's say for arguments sake I insulted his mother (I did not) does that give him the right to rob his players? Surely ban me in game if I did something so horrendous (He hasn't banned me in game at all).

Let me break it down so your pea sized brain can understand what you're trying to defend:

I bought up valid concerns about his server (many people agreed) > he got emotional and blocked me then banned me from the discord (alongside several people) > I sold my gold on his market place, it didn't sell so I withdrew it and it got stuck > My mate messaged him and he laughed, saying "shouldn't have been so critical of the server"

His response alone clearly shows I didn't do anything wrong. So clean your mouth, get off your knees old man.

I just spoke to him he never stole anything the reason your gold didn't go back onto your account was your own damn fault personally If I was him I'd have told you to jog on but looks like he is willing to sort it for you.

But my point stands that your still a bellend that will most likely get banned on here at some point.