OldSkool Mir (v2) - Release 20th January 7pm

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord
Important
Recent reports of user count alterations (Under review 08/04/23)

Item selling fees have increased to 20% from 10% at launch.

Grumpycookie

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2004
not saying my data's been leaked or sold on to 3rd parties. but since u all brought up this advertised email. im wondering what will happen with ELITES data when server shuts down. will u use it for EliteV2? its sensitive data. data i didnt wanna share but it was the only way to recharge :unsure:
Post automatically merged:

the payment service is only linked to the site so it doesn't retain the data, it validates the cards details automatically via the service used so there is no risk to your data unless the payment service (not Elite) was breached
Ok cool thanks for putting my mind at rest have a coffee :coffee:

James

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 31, 2010
not saying my data's been leaked or sold on to 3rd parties. but since u all brought up this advertised email. im wondering what will happen with ELITES data when server shuts down. will u use it for EliteV2? its sensitive data. data i didnt wanna share but it was the only way to recharge :unsure:

Ok cool thanks for putting my mind at rest have a coffee :coffee:
Elite never required legit data for account creation in the way Apoc V2 did as you had to validate your email. All if it will be wiped as it is in the accounts DB and would be pretty pointless to retain that. If the website needed wiped the database would be deleted as well, allowing people to sign up fresh again. Win paid for advertising before so no harm in doing it the right way again.

Helloyou

LOMCN Member
Aug 9, 2020
no one should be sharing anyones infomation even if its just email.
its something you should need to opt in for... iv heard some sketchy stories in my time about LOMCN selling emails to x people when the big launches happen.

then again the amount of money greedy GMs that run mir servers i shouldnt expect much more, and they wonder why the game is a dying breed because there bleeding the community dry.

better still while playing mir you get constatly spammed about sharing info yet we see lomcn/GMs sharing our info?

Last edited:
Reactions: James and syke

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
no one should be sharing anyones infomation even if its just email.
its something you should need to opt in for... iv heard some sketchy stories in my time about LOMCN selling emails to x people when the big launches happen.
There's no reason for @Tai to literally sell the email list to someone when he can earn a pretty penny with the advertising campaigns (which obviously helps keeping LOMCN up and running).
I think what Mampi and Win got mad for is the fact that Hany said that he left the project here however somehow he got the Apocalypse emails from users db.

Honestly I think the bad has been done already on Apocalypse, and this emails given from Apoca to OS just makes the server owners of Apoca look worse which they don't really need after all the issues they got.

If its really true as in the end theres just speculations no real facts.

Reactions: syke

StormHero

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 19, 2015
Wish all I had to worry about was my email being leaked and receiving a email to play OS. But I still ain't had one... maybe the cons of not playing apoc, who knows.

• Haha
Reactions: Grumpycookie

Helloyou

LOMCN Member
Aug 9, 2020
There's no reason for @Tai to literally sell the email list to someone when he can earn a pretty penny with the advertising campaigns (which obviously helps keeping LOMCN up and running).
I think what Mampi and Win got mad for is the fact that Hany said that he left the project here however somehow he got the Apocalypse emails from users db.

Honestly I think the bad has been done already on Apocalypse, and this emails given from Apoca to OS just makes the server owners of Apoca look worse which they don't really need after all the issues they got.

If its really true as in the end theres just speculations no real facts.
i heard about the email things long before win and mampi mentioned it dont worry.
and it doesnt just taint one server. there all as bad as eachother.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Wish all I had to worry about was my email being leaked and receiving a email to play OS. But I still ain't had one... maybe the cons of not playing apoc, who knows.
Im sure I did play it and didn't get an email :'(

I think I may have used one of my other email accounts I can't remember the logins for haha

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
what im more worried about is when i charged they only allowed to use credit card which requires my Address, real name, email adress and on top of it my credit card details. if i used paypal they'd only get to see my nickname+paypal address. but its on there website so everything i wrote is saved?.

i couldnt use a fake ADDRESSS, NAME or EMAIL ADDRESS

whats gonna happen to my data? :/
If you send someone a payment on paypal etc you're already giving that person your info, home address etc?
I mean thats why

Here you go, send it to yourself.
OSMirBannerJan
Introducing "OldSkool Mir", a brand new MMORPG (massively multiplayer online role-playing game) that will take you on a nostalgic journey through a world of fantasy and adventure. Available exclusively on PC, this game offers a vast open world filled with mysterious ruins, dangerous creatures, and hidden treasures. Join thousands of players online as you create your own character, choose your class, and embark on a journey to uncover the secrets of OldSkool Mir.
Experience the thrill of real-time combat as you battle monsters and other players. Forge powerful alliances with other players and take on challenging raids and dungeons. The game offers a variety of skills, weapons and items to discover, which can help you to customize your playstyle. With stunning graphics, immersive gameplay, and a constantly evolving world, OldSkool Mir is the ultimate online gaming experience for those who love the nostalgia of the old-school MMORPGs.
One unique feature of OldSkool Mir is "Pay to earn" - the ability to buy and sell your in-game items using crypto currency, specifically, Polygon's MATIC. This adds an extra layer of excitement to the game, as players can now trade valuable items and equipment with other players using a decentralized, blockchain-based currency. Mark your calendar, the game will be launched on January 20th, 7 pm. Be ready to join the adventure and trade items with crypto, and don't miss out on this epic launch!
Join our discord: https://discord.com/invite/uCMx4GHXmU
Download the game: https://oldskoolmir.com/Downloads
Thank you,
OldSkool Gaming Team

Features​

Item Enhancement

Upgrade your items with Enhancement stones to boost their stats! Better quality stones and using more will greatly improve the success chance!
tpIBiuLpCHr5u-GiGpNhw9zsF3F6U6Gly5q3h4mLwJ5-AWNYrzPWlSHkP9ufUYCEFQBH8X1xwG63KUXKesZoaXYDbYpRWza8k8wugND5cjLXivNxv0aUVJSJLF76m94Ns_eu0PmUv76fyKcQI3BaVzmWKtPxKdsIyhb6SFTcH0hqo0b4=s0-d-e1-ft

Codex​

The codex provides endless content for everyone to discover and fill. With every complete codex gain permanent stats to grow your character
codex

Auto Combat and Auto Spell Cast!​

Relax, kick back and watch your character grind those levels and find those items for you with Auto Combat and Auto Cast!
But don't be fooled thinking you can coast through the game, these Auto features and there to help with the grind, not replace actual gameplay! Auto will only get you so far and the challenging content will require skill, determination and a powerful character!
autocombat

• Haha
Reactions: StormHero and Vyse

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Imagen killing your reputation off as one of the best in the community just to make a quick bit of cash from what's left of the community while at the same time likely driving in the nail that seals the coffin. Even lyncus wound have never snooped this low and that's really saying something. There's simply just no need for it beyond greed, you know for a dam fact you would make bank with out the scamming bullshit.

Anybody encouraging or playing this steaming pile of **** should be ashamed this kind of **** will be a bigger **** show for gaming than loot boxes have ever been.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Imagen killing your reputation off as one of the best in the community just to make a quick bit of cash from what's left of the community while at the same time likely driving in the nail that seals the coffin. Even lyncus wound have never snooped this low and that's really saying something. There's simply just no need for it beyond greed, you know for a dam fact you would make bank with out the scamming bullshit.

Anybody encouraging or playing this steaming pile of **** should be ashamed this kind of **** will be a bigger **** show for gaming than loot boxes have ever been.
thank you for your comments?
not sure what you think ive done to "kill my reputation" or why you think it will be a "steaming pile of ****" but thanks for stopping by pal.

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
I haven't played Mir for a really long time and i dont think i will in the near future. I do remember mir community being pretty dumb but what i am reading here is taking retardness to the next level.

9 pages of people moaning about cryptos and a single spam email in order to dish the guy that usually makes the most successful servers.

Is Ben corrupt? I guess he is along with every other single server owner that has ever accepted "donations".
Is he greedy? Well, he does want to make money out of the server and he treats it as a job so not sure how greediness is defined in this case.
Are his servers fun? Hell yea. I have played A LOT many of his servers and imo they were the best fun i ever had in mir and i think in total i have "donated" 20GBP compined.

Why noone actually speaks about the server? 9 pages and not a single talk regarding balance changes, drop rates, exp rates, possibility of instances etc. You know the usual things that people used to debate before the launch of a server.

Anyway, good luck to the server Ben and i hope for your sanity that there is a discord or something where you can actually discuss with people that are interested in Mir and want to play your server instead of what you are getting here from 2-3 people that are allowed to post whatever crap they want.

/Mitsos

Reactions: Hurricane and Belle

Carribean

I abused the reputation system, now I'm stuck with
Veteran
Feb 18, 2013
Looks decent, roll on the 20th 😂

Absolutely great read 🧂🧂

Reactions: Belle

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
I haven't played Mir for a really long time and i dont think i will in the near future. I do remember mir community being pretty dumb but what i am reading here is taking retardness to the next level.

9 pages of people moaning about cryptos and a single spam email in order to dish the guy that usually makes the most successful servers.

Is Ben corrupt? I guess he is along with every other single server owner that has ever accepted "donations".
Is he greedy? Well, he does want to make money out of the server and he treats it as a job so not sure how greediness is defined in this case.
Are his servers fun? Hell yea. I have played A LOT many of his servers and imo they were the best fun i ever had in mir and i think in total i have "donated" 20GBP compined.

Why noone actually speaks about the server? 9 pages and not a single talk regarding balance changes, drop rates, exp rates, possibility of instances etc. You know the usual things that people used to debate before the launch of a server.

Anyway, good luck to the server Ben and i hope for your sanity that there is a discord or something where you can actually discuss with people that are interested in Mir and want to play your server instead of what you are getting here from 2-3 people that are allowed to post whatever crap they want.

/Mitsos
ye luckily the discord is full of people that actually want to play the game so lots of discussion there about it.
sadly this threads just been ruined, but i agree with what you said. the community has changed a lot.
Whats most ironic is the people going around causing trouble are also making threads like "whats gone wrong with this community". Some people need to look in the mirror.

PsiMan

Golden Oldie
Dedicated Member
Aug 15, 2004
but the url is apocalypsemir.com o.0 which page were you on?
Just browsing this thread >< Must have been somebody's signature or something; still looks a bit dodgy with an invalid security certificate which leads to a different site. EDIT: Just got another one when creating this post Oo

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
Just browsing this thread >< Must have been somebody's signature or something; still looks a bit dodgy with an invalid security certificate which leads to a different site. EDIT: Just got another one when creating this post Oo
might be because apoc mirs url goes to the new v2 one, what is the cert? can you see that and what is causing the error? never seen it before?

figured it out, was people linking to Apoc beta image, but the domain redirects to the Apoc v2 now, think I fixed all the broken signatures :)

Last edited:
Reactions: PsiMan

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
If your interested to talk about something else other than an email in this thread maybe talk about some features that will be on the server.

1 being the crypto aspect of it. There is some intelligent plays to be made within this space and I suggest you do your research so you do it properly. I have read/watched the guide by Bon on YouTube and it is a easy to follow guide for anyone.

Il put the crypto in some sort of perspective for you..

For instance if you brought £100 worth of Polygon Matic (the currency oldskool are using), 4 weeks ago, u would now in fact have around £128 ready to spend on oldskool. And of course this could have been the other way around and you could have spent £100 and be sitting currently with around £72 to spend.

If instead you brought £100 1 week ago u would be sitting on around £116.

And if you brought £100 matic yesterday you would be in fact sitting on around £99.32 to spend in game.

My advice would be if you don’t know what your doing is to make sure your well clued up on the steps to buy and to do it that same day to avoid any fluctuations. Only sit on it if your familiar with crypto swings.

Attachments

• 934409D0-AD04-40C1-9FBB-B0934ACF5F53.jpeg
    934409D0-AD04-40C1-9FBB-B0934ACF5F53.jpeg
    507.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 54CA02F7-3C9A-4ABA-AB73-97384C22AF5E.jpeg
    54CA02F7-3C9A-4ABA-AB73-97384C22AF5E.jpeg
    507.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 58CFEAA1-3D9E-4740-9442-3C2D6FF86109.jpeg
    58CFEAA1-3D9E-4740-9442-3C2D6FF86109.jpeg
    538.2 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: Vyse

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Lol @ at the crying over e-mails.

Your e-mails are public knowledge, could be found with a google search effort, stop acting like you are even worth that amount of effort for someone here to even bother passing it along.

Reactions: Xx69xX

Helloyou

LOMCN Member
Aug 9, 2020
ye luckily the discord is full of people that actually want to play the game so lots of discussion there about it.
sadly this threads just been ruined, but i agree with what you said. the community has changed a lot.
Whats most ironic is the people going around causing trouble are also making threads like "whats gone wrong with this community". Some people need to look in the mirror.
could say that about any server thats launching pal dont get ur hopes up within a week of launch you'll end up back to your old shite servers selling items/levels in no time,

you have no rep other than being a money hungry server owner.

when you ask anyone if they are playing your server 1st thing they ask 'is he selling items and levels like last time'

nice rep 'm8'

Last edited: