Open source C# WoooL project

Join Discord

Lilcooldoode

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 10, 2003
Yes
Recently myself, @Sanity and @1PKRyan have started work on a project to finally get a decent, open source set of WoooL files built, it is very early days but I feel we have enough so far to do a little reveal, and generate some hype & interest.

The files are built using the zircon mir3 files as a base (for no particular reason other than my last project, the mir1 project, I started with crystal as a base and fancied something different) and adapted to look and sound like WoooL

The plan at the moment is to get the basic UI sorted, basic players animations sorted, rip out some of the mir3 features we don't need, and then get an open source github repo set up.

So without further ado

stom2022

LOMCN Member
Apr 20, 2022
Recently myself, @Sanity and @1PKRyan have started work on a project to finally get a decent, open source set of WoooL files built, it is very early days but I feel we have enough so far to do a little reveal, and generate some hype & interest.

The files are built using the zircon mir3 files as a base (for no particular reason other than my last project, the mir1 project, I started with crystal as a base and fancied something different) and adapted to look and sound like WoooL

The plan at the moment is to get the basic UI sorted, basic players animations sorted, rip out some of the mir3 features we don't need, and then get an open source github repo set up.

So without further ado
this why ur not makeing v2 and looks good

blazee

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 3, 2012
Nice, looks like I'll have to get familiar with the zircon files good work

OxxpqxxO

Dentity
Veteran
Oct 25, 2012
Wonderfull job guys, i hope we will be able to play it someday @Lilcooldoode @1PKRyan @Sanity , my avatar actualy comes from Woool when i tried to play with a server for a few weeks back then when @Sanity posted the first server and client i believe for this game, that avatar was made in Paint with copy and paste images :ROFLMAO:

If you guys need Woool Server Official version engine from 2021 07 30, maybe it will help you with anything you are doing to get informations from it.

1708599898548.png

https://www.lomcn.net/forum/threads/woool-server-official-2021-07-30.111957/#post-1202278

Last edited:

network

LOMCN Rookie
Feb 5, 2024
Very good, I look forward to adding more new features, and looking forward to opening the source code library as soon as possible. Come on
Post automatically merged:

In addition, you can refer to the source code of Bao Woool (Another version of woool). It is the code developed by the official client C++. It can be compiled with VS2010. The DX9 library required, the WPF format and map processing code in the code can be referred to. Hope it helps you。https://mirfiles.co.uk/resources/woool/ws+bao_woool/

Last edited:

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Welcome back @Lilcooldoode its greatly to see you returning to the development scene on Mir ( although is wool )
Greatly to see @1PKRyan on this project as well!

Good luck to the team!

Reactions: 1PKRyan

Lilcooldoode

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 10, 2003
Yes
UI is progressing well; was a little harder than i expected to get the circle minimap going, but now it's in we're steaming through the UI, Sanity has been busy converting WoooL libraries to zircon library format ready to use

pHVpcWf.png

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
UI is progressing well; was a little harder than i expected to get the circle minimap going, but now it's in we're steaming through the UI, Sanity has been busy converting WoooL libraries to zircon library format ready to use

pHVpcWf.png
Amazing work, but I have to say “**** that”

• Haha
Reactions: エリヤ

network

LOMCN Rookie
Feb 5, 2024

pHVpcWf.png
Very good, it seems to be progressing very quickly, keep it up, looking forward to adding more features

BeerNMoney

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 9, 2010
DSM was amazing back in the day so its good to see woool being worked on again.

forspinki

Legend
Legendary
Oct 23, 2006
Handan, China
This is crazy i was talking to friends 3 days ago saying what happened to Wool and now this, good luck with it. My old discord got hacked so ill need to add you on my new one. Ill add you on it later. Send me a dm when you are ready for some testing I miss playing wool.

Slipmatt

Why the f are we still here?
Veteran
May 10, 2009
County Durham
Looks great! Nice to see so many new projects appearing at the moment, hopefully this revives the community a little.

Personally never played Wool so it'll definitely be nice to give it a try. (Also why was there an extra 'o' added? Been racking my brain to figure where this extra O came from hahaha).

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Looks great! Nice to see so many new projects appearing at the moment, hopefully this revives the community a little.

Personally never played Wool so it'll definitely be nice to give it a try. (Also why was there an extra 'o' added? Been racking my brain to figure where this extra O came from hahaha).
World of Old Oriental Legends

bit of a mouthful

Pusha

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2017
England
World of Old Oriental Legends

bit of a mouthful
I've tried looking this up a couple of weeks ago, just google searching and on here 'WOOOL' and trying to figure out what it actually meant, thanks.

Reactions: Tai

Xzoviac

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 14, 2012
This is awesome loved woool when i got to try it, looking forward too see it again thanks guys

Last edited: