Request Paid/Created Mir 2 Assets

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
Recently I've recieved a whole bunch of Mir 2 Assets from @IHaveALongName & @Xx69xX
The plan is to have a section on the Crystal Wiki which will catalog every asset with the ability to download assets individually.

Images will be included in the database of content to help visualise the asset before downloading it. It will also be broken down by asset type, some examples are Skills, NPCs, Monsters and then Items with sub catagoires for Item Types.

Have you got some assets you've like to open source from websites like taobao?

I will note that any assets you send in must be either downloaded from these websites or created by you/your team. This is to avoid distributing assets that the you don't have the right to give out. (Downloading from sites like taobao imo is different as when you buy these images you buy the rights to use them in any manner you see fit)

A Google Form will be created alongside this to allow users to request us to take down/review assets if the asset was uploaded without the owners permission.

The power of Open Source is the power of the people

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Sounds like a mammoth task Jef

Isn't most of the stuff like, not really usable, "to our standards"? Show us some examples plz

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex

Isn't most of the stuff like, not really usable, "to our standards"? Show us some examples plz
^ what this guy said, its been nice for past few years not seeing the Ghastly **** we had in 1.9 days.... not to mention Clients exceeding 20GB of crap...

I think you should go through and delete anything remotely crap before cataloguing anything imo.

No Jev, we don't need a universal client full of **** before you propose it....

OxxpqxxO

Dentity
Veteran
Oct 25, 2012
I will suggest to just post everything in raw format, that way everyone can get what they want to use from there.
Put everything in one place and let people take from the raw files what they need.

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex

Credit to @IHaveALongName

I will suggest to just post everything in raw format, that way everyone can get what they want to use from there.
Put everything in one place and let people take from the raw files what they need.
Yea I think it would be better to have them as the raw images zipped.

No Jev, we don't need a universal client full of **** before you propose it....
This wont be a Client but individual assets people can grab and use for their servers.

Reactions: OxxpqxxO

OxxpqxxO

Dentity
Veteran
Oct 25, 2012
Yea I think it would be better to have them as the raw images zipped.
The only problem i see is were do we store so much data, @IHaveALongName & @Xx69xX already droped the bombs with 2TB+ each but there must be duplicates aswell between the 2 if both have them from Taobao, and maybe more to come from others?
After all to be fair every piece of Mir asset is good to have and it will be of use to someone someday even if some are not used right now.

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
The only problem i see is were do we store so much data, @IHaveALongName & @Xx69xX already droped the bombs with 2TB+ each but there must be duplicates aswell between the 2 if both have them from Taobao, and maybe more to come from others?
After all to be fair every piece of Mir asset is good to have and it will be of use to someone someday even if some are not used right now.
@Martyn has a nice NAS laying around + 1gb fibre network.

In terms of "dupes" I might use some AI software to check the files for dupes.

OxxpqxxO

Dentity
Veteran
Oct 25, 2012
@Martyn has a nice NAS laying around + 1gb fibre network.

In terms of "dupes" I might use some AI software to check the files for dupes.
Cool, that sounds like a plan then i guess, about the dupes we need to be carefull when using AI because from my experience some folders do share the same name sometimes.

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
Cool, that sounds like a plan then i guess, about the dupes we need to be carefull when using AI because from my experience some folders do share the same name sometimes.
I'll make sure to have all the folders with their own names or run the software per main directory