PC for League of Legends

Join Discord

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
Hi Guys,

Just need a bit of advice if possible! I'm utterly useless with computers and I'm contemplating buying a new one and to be honest I'm only going to be using it to play league of legends, maybe edit some videos and do uni work.

I currently play on a ****fest machine that gives me 20-35 FPS ingame so I want to make sure that if I get a new one, I can run high settings and get at least 60FPS consistently.

Are these good machines, which would you recommend?

http://www.ebuyer.com/634853-zoostor...p-pc-7260-5000

http://www.ebuyer.com/634863-zoostor...p-pc-7260-5001

Any indication of FPS or their ability to run league would be awesome.

Thanks =]

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
Both PC's will run LoL at highest settings as it doesn't take a really expensive PC to do so. I would probably go for the 2nd one unless you want to look around for a better PC for a similar price maybe.

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
Definitely the best reply that I've had so far mate, the people on the LoL forums seem to be more interested in slating me for buying a premade PC and not building my own, rather than advising me on what I have asked.

Much appreciated.

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
It could well be better in the long run and possibly cheaper to build your own and you might end up with a better overall result but the PC's you linked aren't half bad if you looking for something pre-built. Ebuyer usually has a lot of quality stuff too :)

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
It's all about gfx card really if you want to run the game on the highest settings. At home I have an 8gb, i5 sandybridge with an average gfx card (gtx550 i think?) that I built myself a couple years ago but I can't play on full settings if I want 60fps. But I think I have most settings on highest bar Shadows and maybe one other. So depends how important it is to you lol

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
I'm not fussed about having the ultra high settings and shadows, if I could put all settings on high and have the FPS remain smooth during a teamfight then I'd be happy. Currently I go into a teamfight and my fps is juddery as ****. Abviously I'd be Diamond if my FPS was good cause I'm OP pc noob bronze 5 ez

Yuzu

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 29, 2011
Hi Guys,

Just need a bit of advice if possible! I'm utterly useless with computers and I'm contemplating buying a new one and to be honest I'm only going to be using it to play league of legends, maybe edit some videos and do uni work.

I currently play on a ****fest machine that gives me 20-35 FPS ingame so I want to make sure that if I get a new one, I can run high settings and get at least 60FPS consistently.

Are these good machines, which would you recommend?

http://www.ebuyer.com/634853-zoostor...p-pc-7260-5000

http://www.ebuyer.com/634863-zoostor...p-pc-7260-5001

Any indication of FPS or their ability to run league would be awesome.

Thanks =]
Just buy the I3 Core as League of legends dont even have many graphics

unless u wanna play next gen games take then i5 Core pc

DevilsKnight

I
VIP
Aug 1, 2004
You know neither of them came with an operating system? So once you've added cira £100 on to them they're actually quite expensive for a mediocre computer.
If I was going pre made, and you want an alright system go with something like this Ebuyer Link I guess, its in a similar price range to the ones you posted.

But personally, I would build it myself.

Dk

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
I had some spare time, so I decided to build you a budget PC.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/K9NwmG

This is slightly over the price you were going to pay, but it has a far better CPU, overclocked/same GPU and Motherboard and keeping everything else the same. This computer can run pretty much any game on high perhaps ultra due to the superclocked gpu.

You'd need to order the parts separately (links are provided) and then build it yourself. If I were to build the exact same thing you linked, if you ordered the parts separately it would be about 100 pounds cheaper... so you may as well build it yourself and use that free cash you're saving to get a better spec.

This doesn't come with an Operating system also, but you can nowadays get a working free version of windows 7 from the interwebs without hassle saving you 70+ quid.

I would never, ever recommend buying a prebuilt PC to any one. It's a complete waste of your money!

Have in mind if you're willing to go to the 600-700 mark and get the right custom parts and build it yourself, you'd get a computer that'd do anything and everything and last a long, long time.

Last edited:

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
That's a bit overkill Kori, he's only playing League! Save the guy some money, he's a student!

Kazababy

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 23, 2007
whatever you do make sure you get a SSD hard drive, there's nothing more satisfying than having windows boot up in 10 seconds and games load instantly.

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
Kori thanks for the time you put in creating that PC it was a nice thing for you to do. Sadly I bought already so wont be getting those components. I went with the i-3 cause it's cheaper, so even if my girlfriend finds out I bought a new pc (which I hope she doesnt) she wont murder me as brutally as if id have spent 500+...

I think the PC's i linked have the possibility to be upgraded? I might look to do it in the future but as I said, league is pretty much all i play.

In regards to an OS, my friend has given me a disc and apparently I can just buy an activation code online for £30 so GG EZ. But I really appreciate you guys helping me =] If anybody wants to league my IGN is woomataurus - OP.