[Poll] for the Servers PayToPlay Design

Join Discord

Should EuroReborn have a single PayToPlay option or a choice of tiers with increasing benefits

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
I find it hard to come to a decision when it comes to weither or not i should use tiers or a single payment option for players to pay to play.

So i thought i would create a poll, get some feedback from people who are genuinly interesed in playing the server.

this is not related to the £3 a month donation for server support which currently gives no benefit at all except the ability to play on the test server as thanks.

Currently my LIVE tiers are as follows

Free - No storage access and restricted content on alot of things (no ones going to do this but it lets players play a little before they commit)
Basic - £7.50pm (access to ALL games features)
Intemediate - £10pm (all of Basic + 1000 tokens per month)
Full - £15pm (all of basic + 1500 tokens per month + 5% exp buff)

When i first set these amounts i felt they were abit steep... then remembered that last time people didnt think twice about chucking in 10-50 quid when ever they wanted tokens, atleast this way i can control how much players can abuse/buy from the gameshop

This is what i came to a conclusion on, on my own. because the server will be open to players i should also consider what players think and feel.

If the result of this poll returns tiered as a prefered option i will then ask players to comment on how the tiers should be done and the amount they feel they should pay.

Thank you for your input on this

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Makes sense for a tiered option, allows people to contribute more if they can/want to for a some extra things.

I've put a range as guide price I'd use myself on the model.
I am not sure if its possible but you could have it so its initial month is the top end range, then continuous months is the low end range (incentivising the continuous membership).

Tier 1 (£5-7.50) - Access to the game
Tier 2 (£8-10) Tier 1 + 800 Tokens p/m
Tier 3 (£15) Tier 1 + Additional 700 Tokens (1500 total) + Minor in game buff

• Dislike
Reactions: Hercules

jaffar99

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 15, 2011
I would much rather just pay to play each month personally, I think it's all it needs.

It's also worth baring in mind on a server like yours I bet there's a hell of a lot of different crafting materials.

With these depending on how you've made it I'm sure as on most servers accounts for storage are a necessity.

The thought of having to pay another monthly fee just if you need a store char would be a bit nuts.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
I would much rather just pay to play each month personally, I think it's all it needs.

It's also worth baring in mind on a server like yours I bet there's a hell of a lot of different crafting materials.

With these depending on how you've made it I'm sure as on most servers accounts for storage are a necessity.

The thought of having to pay another monthly fee just if you need a store char would be a bit nuts.
storage is 480 slots, you wont need a store char, unless youre some sort of freak, also guild storage is bigger

• Love
Reactions: jaffar99

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
First option, as the second again creates that feeling of who pays more wins... Making it just simply 1 payment monthly amount to play, makes its not only nostalgic from Euro but also puts everyone on the same page.

• Dislike
Reactions: LightBringer

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
What are "tokens"? Are they to use within a Gameshop?
If I'm honest, if you are going down the route of "Pay to play" you should have ZERO gameshop items. Zero micro purchases. This keeps it fair.

You can still tier it.

Tier 1 - Free to play with limitations
Tier 2 - £5-7 a month - Full access to everything
Tier 3 - £10-15 a month. Same as Tier 2 with a buff (5% exp as you mentioned).

Reactions: booHA and Chaiyns

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
I love seeing your Content Sanj and i look forward to your server, but to be blunt you can get ****ed if you think i'm paying a subscription to play. I donate as / when i got some money, be it for a OTP or a Subscription, but to be forced from day dot, or after a trial, meh... i'd rather invest my time back into ESO. I appreciate you've put ALOT of time into this server, but you've said you do it for yourself as you enjoy it... making what you want in a server not for the money.

I thought the tiered option would be start a a free option, but i agree with neither. I assume I'd hit a brick wall and be FORCED to pay to continue, feels more P2W than Bons server that.. 😂 Atleast on most P2W servers you have opportunity to reach endgame, you could potentially be locking it out unless people pay.

I think people need to get off their moral high grounds over Gameshops, and accept servers MUST have Gameshops to cover costs. If a server then want to increase those rates to fund a family trip to disneyland or crack habbit thats upto the server owner, and ultimately up to the users if they want to play or not.

Gameshops do NOT need to be P2W you can offer cosmetics - Upgrade for Tigers to different colours, hair changes, item transmog. These provide no benefit to a players advancements in the game. Ultimately you could just ask for donations and offer no rewards 🤷🏼‍♂️
Post automatically merged:

atleast this way i can control how much players can abuse/buy from the gameshop
If you cannot control your gameshop and it being abused, then its a little worrying. It'd be quite easy to control your gameshop via caps on purchases for GG, but not ingame gold if you have dual currency options. Limiting trade/transfer of the consumables. The possibility's are endless for control.. and any abuse will be down to poor implementation.

Ultimately I'm sure you could even put cap on how much gamegold is given, despite the amount paid.

Last edited:

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Gameshops do NOT need to be P2W you can offer cosmetics - Upgrade for Tigers to different colours, hair changes, item transmog. These provide no benefit to a players advancements in the game. Ultimately you could just ask for donations and offer no rewards 🤷🏼‍♂️
I've been saying this for years but no one ever took the risk of trying it I don't believe.

There are massive games out there that survive solely on cosmetic/character customisation sales. The options are as wide as your imagination really.

edit: found my post from 3 years ago (was in response to Sanj again lol) https://www.lomcn.org/forum/threads/euroreborn-custom-crystal.103182/post-1145810

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
I've been saying this for years but no one ever took the risk of trying it I don't believe.

There are massive games out there that survive solely on cosmetic/character customisation sales. The options are as wide as your imagination really.

edit: found my post from 3 years ago (was in response to Sanj again lol) https://www.lomcn.org/forum/threads/euroreborn-custom-crystal.103182/post-1145810
and its still as relevant as it was back then.

EDIT: i will look at all these replies and consider greatly what the best path i think is

Chaiyns

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 6, 2013

I would rather have f2p and buy all the fancy vanity items than either p2w/p2p.

It'd be cool to see a Mir server I can support how I want and enjoy the game without it being necessary to fork out cash to stay competitive or for progress/storage/items and things, those are not fun or interesting things to spend my money on in order to support a server.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
I've always wanted a cosmetic heavy GameShop, the issue is no one seemed interested last time I asked around about it (granted this was awhile ago).

As for Gameshop control, you can limit item purchases (and easily add in OTP, Once a day/week purchases) etc.

If you do a free/paid tier; it's how Elite operates (either just play, or play with a buff).

Ultimately it's what's best for you mate

Reactions: Pusha and Sanjian

jaffar99

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 15, 2011
I love seeing your Content Sanj and i look forward to your server, but to be blunt you can get ****ed if you think i'm paying a subscription to play. I donate as / when i got some money, be it for a OTP or a Subscription, but to be forced from day dot, or after a trial, meh... i'd rather invest my time back into ESO. I appreciate you've put ALOT of time into this server, but you've said you do it for yourself as you enjoy it... making what you want in a server not for the money.

I thought the tiered option would be start a a free option, but i agree with neither. I assume I'd hit a brick wall and be FORCED to pay to continue, feels more P2W than Bons server that.. 😂 Atleast on most P2W servers you have opportunity to reach endgame, you could potentially be locking it out unless people pay.

I think people need to get off their moral high grounds over Gameshops, and accept servers MUST have Gameshops to cover costs. If a server then want to increase those rates to fund a family trip to disneyland or crack habbit thats upto the server owner, and ultimately up to the users if they want to play or not.

If you cannot control your gameshop and it being abused, then its a little worrying. It'd be quite easy to control your gameshop via caps on purchases for GG, but not ingame gold if you have dual currency options. Limiting trade/transfer of the consumables. The possibility's are endless for control.. and any abuse will be down to poor implementation.

Ultimately I'm sure you could even put cap on how much gamegold is given, despite the amount paid.
Why do you sound so offended that you would have to pay per month to play?

Slipmatt

Why the f are we still here?
Veteran
May 10, 2009
County Durham
I’ve voted single payment. £7-7.50 a month sounds reasonable for a private Mir server. Though I enjoy Mir, I’d begrudge paying more. I personally won’t even pay WoW’s asking prices these days.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
what's actually available in the game store to buy for the hunt tokens?

I remember some sort of thing on bdo was it? some sort of buff you'd get, extra storage/cheaper sale stuff/remote things like maids and stuff, been so long since I played I can't remember all the benefits, I'm sure there were exp buffs but once you got 60 (or was it 50?), which was fairly easy, it was pointless.

pay 2 play, will reward those who actually want to play as well, I expect you to get fewer trolls/twats on the server overall. only have to look at oldskool discord to see how toxic some people are.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
After thinking about it some more

You may be best doing a £5 monthly fee
Then do cosmetics in your game shop

Makes it a lot linear

Also possibly look to add a free to play demo to a certain point, just so people get hooked

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
After thinking about it some more

You may be best doing a £5 monthly fee
Then do cosmetics in your game shop

Makes it a lot linear

Also possibly look to add a free to play demo to a certain point, just so people get hooked

Much better mate, everyone pays the same gets the same. No power paid gaps

Reactions: LightBringer

azzee

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 26, 2015
Saudi Arabia
Would go with Skyline's options

no harm in adding very slim or very minor buffs/GS for money, i'm all in to encourage people into creating mir servers and have a competition in between them.. otherwise whats the purpose of wasting time to create a server

Thats what keep the community alive imo

Status
Not open for further replies.