[Poll] for the Servers PayToPlay Design

smoochy boys on tour

Should EuroReborn have a single PayToPlay option or a choice of tiers with increasing benefits

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Server will be dead on arrival lol.

Is this actually what you've settled on, one or the other? This is how to play?

Last edited:
Reactions: LOMValkyrie

PoPcOrN

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 9, 2006
shrewsbury
P2P or F2P with a non p2w cash shop. You can't merge them both. You're going to limit your user count with a p2p sub.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
P2P or F2P with a non p2w cash shop. You can't merge them both. You're going to limit your user count with a p2p sub.
yes i know, im not after a massive UC im after players that just want to play the game, ill be happy with just those

Helloyou

LOMCN Member
Aug 9, 2020
imo community is too small for any kind of subscription menthod to make it worthwhile for the Dev unless he/she is putting the server up without wanting to make any form of profit and just to keep the game alive.

works for the bigger games like diablo etc due to the massive fan base, trying to keep mir upto date with all these other games wont work, the current way mir works with gameshop is probz the best method for the game, because there is that option to pay or not to pay but still has no restrictions in terms of gameplay other than the odd gameshop item, but you could always add huntgold that some servers use to f2p players to buy things.

hard to please both p2w and f2p players not really any middle ground without upsetting one side.

also i dont think gameshops is the problems most servers suffer with these days its the levelling service or the guys who play as a job and sell everything they get from gold/items/accounts/levelling service ultimately forces people getting bored being at cap and content flow is to slow. sorry if this is irrelevant to the thread from being around for some time i just see these issues pop up last couple of years more than ever and in the end always has the same out come.

jaffar99

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 15, 2011
Server will be dead on arrival lol.

Is this actually what you've settled on, one or the other? This is how to play?

imo community is too small for any kind of subscription menthod to make it worthwhile for the Dev unless he/she is putting the server up without wanting to make any form of profit and just to keep the game alive.

works for the bigger games like diablo etc due to the massive fan base, trying to keep mir upto date with all these other games wont work, the current way mir works with gameshop is probz the best method for the game, because there is that option to pay or not to pay but still has no restrictions in terms of gameplay other than the odd gameshop item, but you could always add huntgold that some servers use to f2p players to buy things.

hard to please both p2w and f2p players not really any middle ground without upsetting one side.

also i dont think gameshops is the problems most servers suffer with these days its the levelling service or the guys who play as a job and sell everything they get from gold/items/accounts/levelling service ultimately forces people getting bored being at cap and content flow is to slow. sorry if this is irrelevant to the thread from being around for some time i just see these issues pop up last couple of years more than ever and in the end always has the same out come.
Tbh if a pay to play server means we don't have users constantly trying to sell items and gold for $'s all the more reason to subscribe to play.

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
Tbh if a pay to play server means we don't have users constantly trying to sell items and gold for $'s all the more reason to subscribe to play.

If you think making a person pay a sub every month, will stop them selling items and cash privately, you're delusional. If anything it will encourage people. "Just sold 10m gold for £30, that's my next 3 months done, only took 1month to earn it" It will most likely encourage people to cover those few quid.

You will never stop sale of items or account levelling no matter how hard you try....

Reactions: jaffar99

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
The only thing it stops, is the P2W GameShop if a Subscription means no GameShop items except cosmetics with no stat boost (EXP pots, stat pots etc).

Gold/item sellers, levellers etc will still be present.

Reactions: jaffar99 and Tai

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
youre both right @SmavidDavid and @Skyline. Im never going to stop it so im not putting wasted time or energy into trying to stop it, or profit from it.

but if someone wants to sub to me and pay someone else to play for them then thats thier business, what i am stopping thought is the ability to pump £100's (some times thousands) into a server to buy unlimited exp boosts or messaging me asking to buy x levels or x items (happens on every server ive run and has never been successfull)

there is no game shop, and there now is no tiered subs, after the responses ive had its a simple p2p server 1 cost for everyone and no tiered benefits, everyone who plays will be on a level playing field. no paid exp boosts, no paid exp potions,

thats become my final decision and its where i now stand on the server.

it will simply be, if you dont want to p2p then find a different server with less morals than i have

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Make all items non-tradeable, solo self found, lets goooooo!

@Sanjian sounds great man! looking forward to your launch :)

• Haha
Reactions: jaffar99

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
youre both right @SmavidDavid and @Skyline. Im never going to stop it so im not putting wasted time or energy into trying to stop it, or profit from it.

but if someone wants to sub to me and pay someone else to play for them then thats thier business, what i am stopping thought is the ability to pump £100's (some times thousands) into a server to buy unlimited exp boosts or messaging me asking to buy x levels or x items (happens on every server ive run and has never been successfull)

there is no game shop, and there now is no tiered subs, after the responses ive had its a simple p2p server 1 cost for everyone and no tiered benefits, everyone who plays will be on a level playing field. no paid exp boosts, no paid exp potions,

thats become my final decision and its where i now stand on the server.

it will simply be, if you dont want to p2p then find a different server with less morals than i have
It will be genuinely interesting to see how this plays out!

Reactions: zedina and Sanjian

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
So you're implying having a gameshop means somebody has less morals than you... what a load of rubbish.

Goodluck.
no im implying server owners have been found to have sold items behind closed doors, you miss read my entire post

and thank you

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
Good decision imo, level playing field is the game breaker.

As other said if you really wanna stop item sales make them soulbound. And add a forced roll system on hunts so it’s fair like other games.

I for one have a new found love to solo/group and earn my own items on the Crystal test server. No pressure just at my own pace.

• Love
Reactions: Jev

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
As other said if you really wanna stop item sales make them soulbound. And add a forced roll system on hunts so it’s fair like other games.
It reminded me of WoW Raids where you would pay huge Gold or RLC to be part of the raid to get the loot :P

Main concerns is the levelers, if you squash them, then nobody would reach to the point of buying high items for rlc.

astrix

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 16, 2011
For me buying gamegold is a choice. If you want a exp pot or mount pads you can out of your own choice either donate Or use gold and buy off some one. But here you are forcing people essentially without knowing.

I have allways liked the look of your content and ideas npc speaking ect. But for me after you replying agreeing about killing people for pking your family. IS a massive put off for me. Gms should never get involved in ingame fights ect.

But that being said back to the point of donating on a server monthly just to log in. is a 100% no go for me. you as a server owner should not decide who plays due to them not being able to donate. Their is many free to play players on mir, Again i am not one of them if i ever take interest on a mir server i will donate min 20-30£ But that should be upto to me going off what i see as a player. Not being forced to do so. Limits the uc massively also. back to point of 60% 70% of mir players i would say play free to play.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
For me buying gamegold is a choice. If you want a exp pot or mount pads you can out of your own choice either donate Or use gold and buy off some one. But here you are forcing people essentially without knowing.

I have allways liked the look of your content and ideas npc speaking ect. But for me after you replying agreeing about killing people for pking your family. IS a massive put off for me. Gms should never get involved in ingame fights ect.

But that being said back to the point of donating on a server monthly just to log in. is a 100% no go for me. you as a server owner should not decide who plays due to them not being able to donate. Their is many free to play players on mir, Again i am not one of them if i ever take interest on a mir server i will donate min 20-30£ But that should be upto to me going off what i see as a player. Not being forced to do so. Limits the uc massively also. back to point of 60% 70% of mir players i would say play free to play.
A little bit contradictory here.
No one forces people to pay £'s for EXP Pots, Mount Pads etc. Likewise, no one is forcing people to pay/play the server.

The rest I agree with in regards to limiting his players and those "free players" who rarely/never wish to donate. But Sanj has openly said he's not fussed about the UC and would happily take 20-30 paying, loyal players over the 200+ mass that comes with most new servers.

In my opinion it's a bad idea, but it's Sanj's server at the end of the day :/

The only way to have a full "Free, no pay to win" server (Not including 3rd party sellers) is to develop and host a server 100% free with either no Gameshop or cosmetics only GS.
But lets be frank... Who's going to pay money for cosmetics on mir? Not many.

Pusha

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2017
England
Monthly single subscription + cosmetics in Game shop = perfect.

Anyone moaning about a fiver a month to play a game which gives you hundreds of hours of enjoyment isn't worth having on the server.

Last edited:

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
No i refuse to pay to play.... but ill donate £20 for some gamegold >.< its the general attitude im seeing from those that dont like it, tbh more like it than dont though.

You might be unaware but there are particular individuals that are the SOLE providers of entire guilds/groups buffs/exp pots etc to give their Guild the edge. Yes, they are stupid...but the vast majority of server earnings are not coming from the entire playerbase, it's coming from a select few.

You strangle those select few, you strangle your overall income because there is nothing to gain an advantage with. Really all you are doing is causing a cost to your entire playerbase instead that otherwise don't spend money at all.

Now your playerbase isn't 200, it's 50. Because it's 50, you lose probably half that within a month and i'm aware that leaves you with the 20-30 that you apparently don't mind but...it's such a waste lol.

It's not that I don't like pay to play (In fact for real MMOs I value subscription over any free or buy to play model), but it's the fact that it has a shorter shelf life than a gameshop, with even less of a playerbase than you would already get.

If you could guarantee that that you will have a STABLE 200+ player count for 3 months with a P2P model, i'd give you that monthly fee. But I could bet good money you will struggle to pass 50, and that makes it a waste of time and money.

I have also never donated to a server within the few weeks until I see where the server is heading, by that point it's usually pretty obvious. The only option you leave me is to simply not play for a few weeks, at which point you can't be competitive and it's boring.

It has very minimally anything to do with the money, everything to do with the playerbase attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.