Problems with mirserver 3.58

Join Discord

Xzoviac

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 14, 2012
Ive decided to make a mir server i followed all instructions that ive found but still cant get crueldragon3g.exe open in windows 7, btw i cant run server in windows xp as ive tried VMWARE but cant get any mir to launch in there and mmy diskdrive is broke so i can install xp on a partition, so ive got this far.... edited all the files so there 127.0.0.1 ip address, set up the .BAT files with sql server 2000, set up the odbc database, used setup.txt editor etc but still cant get the game even loaded as cruel dragon wont load, please help me!:(

---------- Post Merged at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:05 PM ----------

The program CruelDragon3g.exe shows up on /taskmanager/processes but doesnt pop up, i can get everything to run exept crueldragon.exe and rungate, (im guessing rungate wont run as crueldragon wont, the server files im using are 3.58 of the sting site.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
3.55 onwards won't run in windows 7.

I use virtualbox to run a server and client. however i believe i can run the server from your vm and still connect with the client through windows 7, you just need to change your ip's to match

Upvote 0

Xzoviac

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 14, 2012
ok what ive done now ive set up a vm ware machine and made it so i can host it through my vmware ive liturally got right to the end now n i get the client loaded and it says its online but it wont actually load it says this error... before i click connect when i first load the client it says "*chinese* DBT193 *more chinese lol*!!" and then when i click connect bare in mind it says servers online it says this.... Please landers on the legendary three catalog operation go up in smoke. all my ports are forwarded and working correct and all my gates and server.exe works except theres a few script errors on my server.exe does that stop me from connectiong to game is crueldragon3g.exe has script errors? and thanks :)

---------- Post Merged at 01:28 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:00 AM ----------

in addition when i open the client on login gate my windows 7 ip pops up n says connected but then imediatly gets disconnected, (firewall is down the lot) to me it sound like a port problem, the ports ive forwarded are 7000 7100 7200, and i'm using list make do i need to for 3.58 files? if so how do i set that up correctly and also how to set up a mir3.cin file i know the websit just dont know how set it up, im liturally just stuck on the client side of things now such a pain bee working on just getting it running for a week now... any help is much apprieciated :D :)

Upvote 0

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
i've never used 3.58 so not sure if it's much different to 3.55

You should use the list application to make the config file, i don't think it uses mir3.cin anymore,

the launcher doesn't work for me, so i make a shortcut of mir3.exe, and put -c -u on the end of the target which bypasses it.

It doesn't sound like your server at the moment, as even with the server not connecting you should get the login screen - and a message (probably chinese) to say connection failed.

Upvote 0

Xzoviac

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 14, 2012
Yeah well what happens is all the gates work etc except a few script errors on crueldragon, and the files are very similar to 3.55, I think maybe I need help with setting up the client ive searched everywhere can't find a guide on setting the client up I hsve the necessary tools but possibly the wrong cclient for 3.58, as wheb I open the client I've configured on my logingate it says my IP then connected then the error message I mentioned b4, so coconfused for what to do, will prt screens help you?

---------- Post Merged at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:48 AM ----------

Also I dont understand what you hsve done here... "the launcher doesn't work for me, so i make a shortcut of mir3.exe, and put -c -u on the end of the target which bypasses it."

Upvote 0

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
right click on the mir3 client exe, make a shortcut to your desktop.

Right it and go to properties,

in the target you'll see something like,

"C:\Files\mir.exe"

just add -c -u to the end

"C:\Files\mir.exe" -c -u

Then press ok, and run the client from the shortcut - that fixed the black screen for me.

I'm not the best at diagnosing servers, but posting a screenshot might help others help you.

Upvote 0

Xzoviac

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 14, 2012
alright cool i now get a screen lol instead of a black one, but i cant sign in, i try sign in n it wont let me, obviously i dont have a website to make an account so i made one thorugh sql, not sure if i did it right but im sure i did, obviously caus ei cant get through login its the loginsvr error or logingate but theres no error on my vm? here are some prt screens.... prt scrn one.jpg PRT SCRN TWO.jpg thanks for any help anyone can give :)

---------- Post Merged at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:45 PM ----------

alright cool i now get a screen lol instead of a black one, but i cant sign in, i try sign in n it wont let me, obviously i dont have a website to make an account so i made one thorugh sql, not sure if i did it right but im sure i did, obviously caus ei cant get through login its the loginsvr error or logingate but theres no error on my vm? here are some prt screens.... prt scrn one.jpg PRT SCRN TWO.jpg thanks for any help anyone can give :)

---------- Post Merged at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:45 PM ----------

sorry for double post think i bugged it :/

Upvote 0

Xzoviac

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 14, 2012
no the files im using are 3.58 mate not .55, n im sure there workin other than a few script errors but i mean i can try the ones you suggested but i dont think its the files that will help me im struggling to get the client working propperly, whether the files are wrong or not all the gates are working n i should be getting into game even if there are script errors so obviously im making an error with the client i can get to login screen but hit a dead end there mate

Upvote 0

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
paste what you've put in your 2 account tables to make an account (comment out your id and pass if you like)

Upvote 0

Xzoviac

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 14, 2012
heres prt of what you asked for... accounts1.jpg accounts2.jpg accounts3.jpg accounts4.jpg But even if there wrong or right think theres a prob with me connecting, on my logingate.exe it shows XXX.XXX.XXX.XX has connected then xxx.xxx.xxx.xx has disconected and it does that when i load my client but it disconects me almost as soon as i load my client lol? the xxx.xxx.xxx.xx is my ip lol just didnt want share it with the world :L

Upvote 0

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
accountadd table needs the same details as the first table.

i usually just put the loginID in, then random crap in the rest.

try that

Upvote 0