Project69 has been online 10 years today

smoochy boys on tour

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
worlds laziest GM u pretty much abandoned the server for years. yes for the first 2 years u had a good server my first p server and it was great but then u got just got lazy.

whats the user count at now and i dont mean the 20 odd accounts sat in SZ all day not moving

Scorpian

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 8, 2003
Manchester
At least I didn't abandon it...

Did you know Project69 has:
120+ Bosses + sub-bosses
30+ Full item sets for each class (so 90+ sets plus just as many non-set items)
150+ Quests (to aid you through the game)
200+ Achievements (earned as you play)

I went insane from the players after the first couple of years >_<

Ilsta

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 20, 2012
10 years is very impressive for a private server no matter what, well done.

Turrican

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2012
UK
congrats, so whats next for project 69? what are your future plans and goals ?

Scorpian

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 8, 2003
Manchester
Cheers. I don't know, don't think there's much left to do with 2.3 after 5 years so probably have to upgrade. Big job >_<

Turrican

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2012
UK
Cheers. I don't know, don't think there's much left to do with 2.3 after 5 years so probably have to upgrade. Big job >_<
yeah, i don't envy that task lol, a new set of files would be a huge boost to your user count though, and bring a tonne of new content in, defiantly worth considering.
perhaps have a word with lcd about making the upgrade a bit easier, im sure he would be happy to help the longest running mir2 server onto his set of files. (if its 2.6 your thinking of, of-coarse)

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
Congratulations.
Still my personal best & favourite server around atm.

I would suggest setting up a 2.6 / Hero server (like a P & D style) and obviously 1 being a whole new start, maybe a higher rate version.
Would hit a rapid usercount

Andreas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 12, 2008
Timisoara
yeah, i don't envy that task lol, a new set of files would be a huge boost to your user count though, and bring a tonne of new content in, defiantly worth considering.
perhaps have a word with lcd about making the upgrade a bit easier, im sure he would be happy to help the longest running mir2 server onto his set of files. (if its 2.6 your thinking of, of-coarse)

changing from 2.3 to Phili(ruby) would be a pain ,the files differ soo much that it's almost impossible .
i've made an offer to scorp some time ago for him to use my TD 2.6 files but he refused :P
atm MirAtlantis uses them (it was 2.3 online for 8months ) and now its 2.6 without a single bit of loss or difference from convertion ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_ZL5kKUTXs

Scorpian

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 8, 2003
Manchester
changing from 2.3 to Phili(ruby) would be a pain ,the files differ soo much that it's almost impossible .
i've made an offer to scorp some time ago for him to use my TD 2.6 files but he refused :P
atm MirAtlantis uses them (it was 2.3 online for 8months ) and now its 2.6 without a single bit of loss or difference from convertion ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_ZL5kKUTXs

However tempting it may seem I just don't see the point in "upgrading" only to be locked out of the source code once again like TD did, and have the coders ideals forced on you, its bad for business and it gives me a headache. Not that I don't think you work is really impressive, or anyone else's for that matter.

Thanks guys. Here's to 10 more.

Reactions: -Luke-

1westy1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 10, 2004
Glad to see my first and favorite private server still running. Keeping a server going for 10 years is very impressive.

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
However tempting it may seem I just don't see the point in "upgrading" only to be locked out of the source code once again like TD did, and have the coders ideals forced on you, its bad for business and it gives me a headache. Not that I don't think you work is really impressive, or anyone else's for that matter.

Thanks guys. Here's to 10 more.
Most of the latest files released now come with a source code fella, just dig deep :)