R.I.P Michael Jackson 1958 - 2009

Join Discord

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
I personally couldnt care about the man, I dont know him iv herd bad things about him his songs are ok... RIP

T0MMY

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 5, 2007
United Kingdom
MJ :( King of pop and always will be, he still eats his way through the charts. I played his tracks all my life and still am.

Legend and his legacy will last.

R.I.P 1958-2009

T0MMY

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 5, 2007
United Kingdom
Freedom, they don't even need to be in the places they go. Who i heard a gun shot lets go kill them is all what the americans and british think.

Why did MJ have the most selling tracks if elvis and lennon was so good?

T0MMY

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 5, 2007
United Kingdom
I know where you coming from but at the end of the day MJ in my opinion and probably most of the world was the king of pop. However elvis was great too.

Matthew93

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 5, 2009
he is the king of pop, Elvis my friend is the kind of rock and roll so get it right ;)

and so what if he wasn't black when he died, he had a disease which my dad was also got so don't come with no stupid stuff about him doing it to him self

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
Dont be so ignorant. Ofcourse the 2 guys are heros. We owe our lives in ways witch i cant be arsed to say. But Mj has been part of the majority of LOMCN's members lives since birth, Hes done soooo much for the world and been through many difficult times, I know they may not be as bad as war etc but weve been through those times with him. Im tires. now please, Leave lomcn.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
How many young people these days do you hear still listening to Lennon/Beetles, or Elvis?

And then how many still listening to MJ?

His music just seems ot never get old, unlike the others.

elohelMeight

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 8, 2004
Surrey
Hes a legend but when 8/10 music channels are playing tributes to him it does my head in

Fully agree. Also when there is no other news for 24hrs it is rather annoying.

Apparently, when trying to resuscitate MJ, the force of the paramedic pushing on his rib cage actually broke his ribs... In the same autopsy report it also says that he had nothing in his stomach but pills.

That's rather f***ed if that's true. How did he possibly think he could manage a tour of 50 consecutive nights when his body wasn't even strong enough to take the weight of someone resting on him. IMO, it's kind of a good thing that he has passed now, rather than on stage.

@Skyline: I listen to Elvis / Johnny Cash a hell of a lot more than I do MJ.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
IMO, it's kind of a good thing that he has passed now, rather than on stage.

Tbh he prob woulda got boo'd off the stage before he managed to pass out on it...he may well be a Legend, but his talent left him a while ago, surely you heard him attempt to sing last time?

An that pills thing prob isn't true, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was, i never really listen to anything like that, especially by the press lol

solvent

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 24, 2006
On The Sun
Probs Not Dead, Done A Runner With The Money From Sold Tickets :P

Number 1 In Charts Tho Lol ! With Quite A Few Other Records Of His In Top 40 :)

/B​

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield

Apparently, when trying to resuscitate MJ, the force of the paramedic pushing on his rib cage actually broke his ribs... In the same autopsy report it also says that he had nothing in his stomach but pills.

That's rather f***ed if that's true. How did he possibly think he could manage a tour of 50 consecutive nights when his body wasn't even strong enough to take the weight of someone resting on him. IMO, it's kind of a good thing that he has passed now, rather than on stage.

Some people do, but i bet more people listen to MJ, especially the younger generatrion.

solvent

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 24, 2006
On The Sun

Johnny Cash FTW :P

/B

elohelMeight

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 8, 2004
Surrey
JOHNNY CASH FTFW!

& lol @ Sonic. If they all loved MJ so much etc why on earth would they boo him off stage? I mean come on, they are paying silly amounts of £ to see 'the god of pop', they aren't just gonna boo him off stage now are they.

Bacardi

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 27, 2003
Sheffield
Such ignorance. Jackson was one of the most inspirational and motivational artists of all time. His psychological problems aside (can you name one celebrity famous from a young age who had a normal childhood or turned out "normal"? - nope) the guy's music is timeless. Not to everone's taste but you cant please everyone.

You dont need to know someone personally to respect them or mourn their passing.

Controversy over the circumstances surrounding his death will keep the story in circulation for a while, though can you seriously say that you expected anything less? Media is fueled by tragedy.

Celebrity is a huge part of society and as such events surrounding their lives (and deaths) takes precidence over Joe Bloggs. The widespread impact globally these events have unfortunately make them appear more significant than local events.

R.I.P Jacko.
Legend.

lewis

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 15, 2004
Southampton
nw if he did things for us like donated money :P woohoo rip ill buy him flowers. but he didnt do nwt ^^ i aint heartless i just dnt no the bloke

and ppl slated him alot for the kiddy ****.

maybe it be jackson 4 now xD

Michael Jackson done a huge amount, he raised and donated so much money to charity, done several songs where every profit went to charity, ei "Heal the world." Yes the guy turned a little strange after a while but all of that led from his father mentally and physically absuing him, telling him he was ugly and had a huge nose etc. The most successful and talented musician to ever set foot on this planet, now all we have left is memories of him and his music (and dancing he was out of this world). He had a successful life but not an easy one. We lost another legend and at a young age aswel :(

R.I.P

respect? you didnt even know him, like hed do the same for you if the roles were reversed...he wouldnt simple as that.

call me names i really couldnt care, the fact is unlike some people on here I say what i think and wont stop just because the likes of you, jealy and anyone else tells me to, its a internet forum so your oponion means nothing to me.

How would you know? so he didn't give his respect to millions of unfortunate starving people around the world? raising over $200 million for them? visiting them in 3rd world countries.... that's more respect than you would every give in your lifetime. You really are full of crap,i hope no1 gives you a penny if your unfortunate in life as you have no respect at all, shocking.

Mods i really think the prats on this thread only posting to dig at MJ deserve a ban,it's R.I.P thread, some of us have the ability and kindness to respect someone who has done so much in this world, some sit in their house all day and don't have the social skills to understand what respect is.

Last edited:

elohelMeight

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 8, 2004
Surrey
Such ignorance. Jackson was one of the most inspirational and motivational artists of all time. His psychological problems aside (can you name one celebrity famous from a young age who had a normal childhood or turned out "normal"? - nope) the guy's music is timeless. Not to everone's taste but you cant please everyone.

You dont need to know someone personally to respect them or mourn their passing.

Controversy over the circumstances surrounding his death will keep the story in circulation for a while, though can you seriously say that you expected anything less? Media is fueled by tragedy.

Celebrity is a huge part of society and as such events surrounding their lives (and deaths) takes precidence over Joe Bloggs. The widespread impact globally these events have unfortunately make them appear more significant than local events.

R.I.P Jacko.
Legend.

What a stupid comment. How on earth can you call somebody ignorant for not having the same views as you. Why does nobody on this forum realise that everyone is entitled to their own opinion?

You said it yourself, it's not to everyone's taste, so when we say we don't like it, don't call us ignorant.

I have an example for you, should we try Janet Jackson, or any other member of the Jackson 5? In fact, which other Jackson turned out like Michael? Don't get me wrong, I know they were nowhere near as famous as MJ turned out to be, but they were still famous from a young age.

Anything else you said, I pretty much agree with.

T0MMY

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 5, 2007
United Kingdom
Tribute from moi:
cid6d807e488c71439d92cf.png

Read my signature, says it all.