Rage.

smoochy boys on tour

WhiteTiger

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 4, 2004
So is anyone getting this game on Friday then? I seen alot of gameplay and it looks so good. It's a mix of Fallout and borderlands.
The new ID engine is one of the best game engines i seen for a while on consoles.

I really enjoyed the old ID game easter eggs which they put in, you can really tell how far the ID engine has come in all these years.

[video=youtube;PR9tqHDXo8A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR9tqHDXo8A[/video]

[video=youtube;U1yLUh8JW4c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1yLUh8JW4c[/video]

[video=youtube;ZNqFmNUJK0c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNqFmNUJK0c[/video]

Foopah

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 7, 2011
Livingston
I seen the TV spot advert to this the other night, not seen or heard anything about this game and through the whole advert I couldn't stop thinking "Borderlands".

Game looks good tho, apart from it is so much more like borderlands than I had thought.

iJam

To the rhythm
VIP
Oct 8, 2007
London
Yeah il be getting this love fallout, open world style games

[video=youtube;dX9DnYx884I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dX9DnYx884I[/video]

Last edited:

Foopah

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 7, 2011
Livingston
Does look good, but which console is that being displayed on? If it even is ingame footage. Bet thats on a powerhouse of a PC. :(

I will probs pick up this game in a few months when its £20. Only games I will fork out full £40 for is Skyrim and BattleField 3 and BF 3 beta is making me doubt the BF 3 purchase.

Ali3n

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 27, 2004
Leicestershire
Spent most of yesterday evening playing it, its brilliant. My PC isn't the best spec's, but it looks amazing, plays flawlessly and looks fantastic. Game play is really smooth and fast paced at times. The weapons are fun to use, the vehicles are great fun. Overall so far, its brilliant.

WhiteTiger

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 4, 2004
I got it at 9 this morning and haven't stopped playing it. Like the guy above said, it looks amazing and it plays very well.
I have the xbox version but still looks amazing, have seen no graphic pops or such only thing i seen is when i killed someone on some stairs his dead body went crazy ( sometimes like you see in call of duty black ops ) but that's all.

Took me about 30mins to install both disks to my hard drive, they is 3 disks but disk 3 is multiplayer and i don't need to install that yet. All 3 disks are like 22GB which is alot :P

I have done 1 boss battle which was kind of easy, at least i think it was a boss, it's that big monster in the dead city part where you go to get upgraded defig.

I have died plenty of times but that little mini game to revive yourself is good.

WhiteTiger

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 4, 2004
I'm not sure what you want to know about missions / quests?

WhiteTiger

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 4, 2004
Are they the usual quests/missions that are in every other game... Go here get this, or go here and kill this. Do the missions feel mundane and predictable?

Well i haven't got that far but the missions i done are stuff like go to this hideout and find a item or kill the gang.
Protect this person with a sniper while he does stuff.

Stuff like that.

---------- Post added 09-10-2011 at 01:29 AM ---------- Previous post was 08-10-2011 at 04:31 PM ----------

Just completed the game, it wasn't as long as i thought it would have been and i never rush through games. Still a great game

iJam

To the rhythm
VIP
Oct 8, 2007
London
anyone got this on ps3 then? only just got it today

---------- Post added 13-10-2011 at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was 11-10-2011 at 05:27 PM ----------

Just completed the game, it wasn't as long as i thought it would have been and i never rush through games. Still a great game

Oo just cleard it too only 6 and half hours gameplay that sucked :/
i thought it would have been like fallout and a better choice of weapons

Last edited:

Foopah

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 7, 2011
Livingston
This game is starting to sound like a "wait till its cheap" game to me. 6 and a half hours is shocking for a game that was described as Fallout meets Borderlands, both had great and long storys. I am almost finished my 2nd playthrough on Borderlands but not playing it right now... GT 5 ftw :P

lozmuir

Former Moderator
VIP
Apr 17, 2003
Congleton, Cheshire.
Currently playing it when I get stressed at Dark Souls so hopefully it will last longer.

Its supposed to be around 10hours gameplay with all side missions.

WhiteTiger

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 4, 2004
anyone got this on ps3 then? only just got it today

---------- Post added 13-10-2011 at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was 11-10-2011 at 05:27 PM ----------

Oo just cleard it too only 6 and half hours gameplay that sucked :/
i thought it would have been like fallout and a better choice of weapons

Yea same, wasn't that much to do was they, but luckily i can trade it in for Forza 4 for £4.99 or Ace combat:assault horizon for 99p