Recommendations for a Mir 2 server

Join Discord

AndrewC

LOMCN Leecher
Dec 15, 2010
I'm a very old Mir 2 player, starting when GN originally had their beta period and after GN closed Mir 2 I migrated to RageZone until that closed.

I've been thinking of getting back into playing Mir 2 from time to time but wondered if anyone has a suggestion for which one may be a good fit.

I don't have the time to grind hard but at the same time I don't want a server with rediculous levels/super easy loot.

Is there anything similar to classic mir 2 that can be recommended?

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
I would say, you got about three choices, two are more classic mir2, Odyssey which is maybe several month running and WildDragon some weeks old server. Odyssey has lots of quests, RPG like a bit, but is not really classic mir since it uses mir3 like outdoor maps, I think modified.

WildDragon I didn't pop on yet but think it is medium going server that gets tough at higher levels if you go solo. Maybe you should try that one.

There is another choice, also not a classic mir2 since it showcases new caves and mobs a lot and some maps being newer (or maybe Chinese Shanda issue), don't have walking sounds, also mobs don't have sounds, but funnily one can live with that since the server is nice otherwise, still I can see why someone might log off right away... I'd say it is a good server for easing into playing mir again but if you want more challenge, I'd say WildDragon might be your thing.

Attachments

• 1628398804167.png
    1628398804167.png
    350.2 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: 3gena

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
If you haven't played in a long time I think a low rate server would suit you best. I'd say Odyssey and but if you want something with higher rates and higher user count, try WildDragon.

deano13

StopMeFast
Golden Oldie
Oct 31, 2004
London, England
Gis a shout if you decide on WildDragon I’d be happy to give you abit of a boost, just had a new update aswell on there new players start at lvl 35 with skills etc and nice exp buff.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Odyssey is heavily customised (my server) but if you are looking for a decent mir 2 experience I would join!

Give us until our next reboot as we are making the level 0-40 experience much easier, as well! (so you can get into the core in-game content with a lot less effort) + the catch up experience boosts and other bits in game will all help!

There is a summer event which will be getting more love next week also, after we introduce Evil Mir among other things this week!

We are also looking to do a refresher post / advert so people know how much in Odyssey has been updated (there is a lot) since we launched a few months ago

Chriz

Captain Lurker
VIP
Mar 24, 2003
LOMCN
Worth also considering Artificial if you'd like to see where the Mir2 euro experience would have progressed to if it was still going; The Aim of Artificial is mirror the Korean content. We've been around for almost a year now, but dont let that stop you we've added some catch up mechanics so you can progress at a reasonable pace!

Elegido

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 13, 2008
Seville, Spain.
I am also looking for a Mir 2 server in which the leveling experience is somewhat quick since due to my free time, which is scarce, I cannot dedicate many hours to leveling up or reaching certain goals I am also a player who has always been a mir3 player, so in terms of its visuals, I would ask that it be not very different.

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
Oddy mir 2 has the best catch up system i have seen so far.

ibby

I'm a massive prick
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2017
Worth also considering Artificial if you'd like to see where the Mir2 euro experience would have progressed to if it was still going; The Aim of Artificial is mirror the Korean content. We've been around for almost a year now, but dont let that stop you we've added some catch up mechanics so you can progress at a reasonable pace!

Imo the system is flawed, 0-45/50 needs to be readjusted exp table wise or exp gain wise, or allow them to obtain the higher exp quests.. makes the grind hard and pointless

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Worth also considering Artificial [/URL]

I didn't recommend it because even after upgrading required .net to 4.8 sometimes in April, I still failed to pass the registration process, don't remember now what was the problem. In my mind, Artificial is almost in the category of those long running servers (Arcadia, Chronicles, P69) that you pretty well don't hear about year in, year out. I expected a lot from the project when it started years ago but it turned out to be another 'chronos' (running silently in background, proprietary...)

Pzia

LOMCN Member
May 17, 2021
Odyssey is heavily customised (my server) but if you are looking for a decent mir 2 experience I would join!

Give us until our next reboot as we are making the level 0-40 experience much easier, as well! (so you can get into the core in-game content with a lot less effort) + the catch up experience boosts and other bits in game will all help!

There is a summer event which will be getting more love next week also, after we introduce Evil Mir among other things this week!

We are also looking to do a refresher post / advert so people know how much in Odyssey has been updated (there is a lot) since we launched a few months ago
Tried oddyssey a while back but after following the quest tree past oma, it really wasnt clear what to actually do and in the end the constant need to follow quests bored me quickly. In actual fact i levelled faster not doing the quests in the end but still felt the need to go elsewhere, ill read these updated posts before i decide on whether to retry it or not.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
I didn't recommend it because even after upgrading required .net to 4.8 sometimes in April, I still failed to pass the registration process, don't remember now what was the problem. In my mind, Artificial is almost in the category of those long running servers (Arcadia, Chronicles, P69) that you pretty well don't hear about year in, year out. I expected a lot from the project when it started years ago but it turned out to be another 'chronos' (running silently in background, proprietary...)

Artificial isn't even a year old yet.

• Wow
Reactions: zedina

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Oldskool iz da best obv bruv

How mad that project 69 has been going 18 years. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: mir2pion

Oceaa

LOMCN Leecher
Aug 10, 2021
I've been enjoying Odyssey since it opened. Large number of quests, a great card system (collect card sets from each dungeon to give you permanent character boosts), the ability to switch between gaining exp and ability points (which you can spend on increasing your base stats) and more.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Artificial isn't even a year old yet.
True but that's when it went live. I had lev26 char on it some couple yrs ago (also Chalace played it), was probably beta or some early opening, but then it went offline and probably the team and development approach changed and it was offline till it went live recently (newly using .net 4.8 which I didn't have at the time and it wouldn't install on my custom win10 2015 issue).

I don't care to dig it up but Artificial project started several yrs ago, the files were touted to be free once developed but that's like Chronos and its AppleMir2 source (or something of the sort) that also never went public and never will. Not that it is some big loss, at least the way I see it. But Artificial was built on Crystal base I believe and should be shared (maybe after it had its run but I doubt it or its run will be like P69 LOL).
I know you and others expressed disbelief over my supposed naivety when I brought it up sometimes last year but that's what the project touted when it started on its website, probably it doesn't say that there anymore, I don't care and have written that server off.

Its supposed to be a close copy of the Korean official mir2 but if they copied also its money grabbing philosophy (that all Eastern servers share), and I noticed some posts to that effect sometimes this spring, it is not the server I'd care to play anyway.

Last edited:

Pzia

LOMCN Member
May 17, 2021
you also need to remember the op asked for a recommendation and not your oponions on previous servers before it. and these money grabbing theorys are just that baseless oponions without any solid evidence.

Reactions: xXxLegendxXx

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
True but that's when it went live. I had lev26 char on it some couple yrs ago (also Chalace played it), was probably beta or some early opening, but then it went offline and probably the team and development approach changed and it was offline till it went live recently (newly using .net 4.8 which I didn't have at the time and it wouldn't install on my custom win10 2015 issue).

I don't care to dig it up but Artificial project started several yrs ago, the files were touted to be free once developed but that's like Chronos and its AppleMir2 source (or something of the sort) that also never went public and never will. Not that it is some big loss, at least the way I see it. But Artificial was built on Crystal base I believe and should be shared (maybe after it had its run but I doubt it or its run will be like P69 LOL).
I know you and others expressed disbelief over my supposed naivety when I brought it up sometimes last year but that's what the project touted when it started on its website, probably it doesn't say that there anymore, I don't care and have written that server off.

Its supposed to be a close copy of the Korean official mir2 but if they copied also its money grabbing philosophy (that all Eastern servers share), and I noticed some posts to that effect sometimes this spring, it is not the server I'd care to play anyway.

How being built on top of crystal is a reason to release the files?

Also no, Artificial didn't start several years ago. A server starts when it launches, not while it's in beta. They were pretty clear about it. They would have the beta running until the launch date and then wipe it.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
How being built on top of crystal is a reason to release the files?
none, but at the time, Artificial (after whom the server (or the project?) is named) said it would be released.

At that time, Crystal client and Daneo1989 database seemed to lack in the development somewhat (at least in my perception, perhaps wrong) and I believe that was also the reason Artificial started the project, to give LOMCN up to date Korean files, with even some Korean mir features that Far might not have wanted to have in the files with his conservative approach (which btw I share or came to share).

But in those several years of the Artificial project, things have changed a lot. Files development has picked up greatly, thanks to Far, also the database is being worked on thanks to Jev. And as a result, I no longer pine for Artificial files release, just mentioned it since it was brought up here.